kev4022

Lack of XRP Purchased Each Month

1 minute ago, Wizann said:

I think same name in any way. Any votes for Exarpee spelled out at the actual token and name of the ledger... hit the heart! If you want to pay me for this brilliant idea, please send XRP to:  rLHzPsX6oXkzU2qL12kHCH8G8cnZv1rBJh

Lovely idea.  Put pee in the name.  :acute:

11 hours ago, benstr said:

If there's significant xrp usage, it would already be priced in.

Not sure what you're suggesting here...that today's XRP price reflects the idea that the market thinks XRP won't be used much in the future?

way I see it is as brad and Co would like

a zerp is a utility

the more utility required the more zerps each month

as payment corridors are added and expanded upon and the banks/fis/et al take up the bonus savings options of using zerps so will the utility

if the daily volume of zerp usage hits the trillions then....

patience grasshopper... a snowball takes time to gather

and I was under the impression the escrow is also acting like a inflation mechanism?

also any monthly unsold/used  zerps are returned to month 55+(+1)  as a repeating new escrow till there is no escrow

8 hours ago, Mikhail_Liebenstein said:

I work with a lot of people from the Netherlands. When they wake up to XRP en masse  it will all be baked in for XRP. In general I find the Dutch more commercially astute (in a balanced way) than any other country in Europe, so when the Dutch decide to buy we will probably hit $10.

So true

Patience and ride the rollercoaster

10 hours ago, Wizann said:

Wow, I just watched Corey. He proved my point better than I could have. He stated in his nonchalant, it doesn't matter to me, if XRP has it's worst quarter while Ripple has it's best. He's covered because he is a part of the company that has all the xrp AND all the heavy hitting investors. I'm sorry but he did nothing to ease my mind whatsoever. And by the way, using the word "akin" isn't the way to appeal to the masses. 

Lot's to think about for me. I think I'll cashout, find an accredited financial advisor and invest in "Ripple" the company. Clearly, there seems to be a vested interest in the veterans of this site to keep the confusion alive, especially when positive Ripple press hits. Seriously time to reevaluate. Thanks for the info. Knowledge is power... this may not be the best site to get your XRP knowledge people.

Especially watch as he diverts the conversation the minute the moderator wants to speak of the XRP token. 

IMO at the moment there is a concerted effort to highlight the differences between Ripple and XRP and Cory's attitude will be part of that.

And it shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone. Cory, Brad, Chris, David, etc etc, all shouldn't particularly care about whether XRP has its worst quarter as long as Ripple has its best. They get paid by Ripple to make Ripple succeed and remunerated for Ripple's performance. If they succeed in making Ripple the dominant platform for international remittances, settlements, contracts and liquidity, XRP will succeed, but in the mean time they are literally trying to rewire the world's financial systems and they've acknowledged that XRP can be a distraction in their discussions with banks.

Also I don't know what good it does to accuse the 'veterans' of sowing confusion on this site. If they're a 'veteran' then their investment is probably so profitable they wet themselves laughing when they hear people saying they're going to cash out because they don't have a lambo yet. I'm not even a veteran and my investment has returned far over what I would have from any high interest account, stocks or whatever.

16 hours ago, kev4022 said:

If XRP is such a sure thing why isn't the full 1 Billion snapped up each month?

If I would have a budget to gobble up such amounts, would I invest large sums at this moment on XRP? Or would I trade in other things like Ayden stock or any other worldly thing with more hype in this moment of time and move into XRP when there is more certainty?

It is easy for small players to invest into crypto, so here we are. Wait for the real big fish to enter these waters and the releases from escrow will be eaten fast and swift(ly) if all goes well.

Posted (edited)
On 6/14/2018 at 11:08 PM, 2ndtimearound said:

Not sure what you're suggesting here...that today's XRP price reflects the idea that the market thinks XRP won't be used much in the future?

Today's xrp price reflects, little demand on xrp in terms of usage. Outside of retail investor spec demand buying. Industry (banks, fin cos) usage is very small. Hence we don't see steady upward demand on xrp prices. 

With increase usage we should see upward demand on prices. You have to 'buy into xrp' before xrp can be send out, right. This buy side should exert bids under prices. Because these buy-in should be going off at or near asking prices. The current demand is easily being absorbed with equal selling. Price remains flat. 

As demand grows, we will see continue pressure to (buy xrp) prior to sending out payments. We are not there yet.

Edited by benstr

On 6/15/2018 at 3:25 AM, Mods_are_tyrants said:

I agree with the more sober descriptions given XRP is not as sure thing. I think it is a very good "bet", but certainly not a sure thing! A few things that are concerning:

• For all of the hype of Western Union and the xRapid pilot they have only completed 10 transactions that is absurd. Like saying Walmart is piloting your product, but only bought a lot of 50 would be  huge disappointment to anyone who read that press release. What are the other pilots like if WU is so underwhelming?
  • The escrow is a great tool of faith, but just Google, and you will see how it flies in the face of traditional financial acumen. Investors don't like it when a company dilutes that is just a fact that will take time to overcome. The utility and use has to overcome the perceived dilution and downward pressure on the coin.
  • There is a resistance to give up control at the banking level that cannot be overstated this is a huge obstacle.
  • Of course the regulation piece in theory should help, but if the small players are unwilling to embrace Ripple's products fully I don't see larger institutions jumping on board. Ripple needs a hard case success story to sell!

I, like many others plan to hold BG (the beard) to his word. He has made some pretty bold statements about adoption that can't be unsaid if they do not materialize, at least partially, that will be quite the black eye imo.

We still have the BTC issue, wash trades, manipulation, it isn't as if we are out of woods just because the market is sitting at 275 billion. Let's see of (the beard) is right about his end of 2018 predictions before jumping out 3-5 years we should see progress in pilots going to full use, volume increasing, and more specific names being released piloting or using Ripple's products.

Watch, Trust but verify!

Its not just the WU pilot that is underewhelming. Look at the Cuallix pilot of XRapid

IMG_20180617_133045.jpg

Its not just the WU pilot that is underewhelming. Look at the Cuallix pilot of XRapid

IMG_20180617_133045.thumb.jpg.dd85b4ae80fd31f8a00d8cc5869f28f9.jpg
Indeed underwelming. Might this be because luquidity is still too low in this corridor for doing more transfers? Or why would they only try to do a handful of such transfers?

On 6/14/2018 at 6:18 PM, Wizann said:

I'm also heavily invested in XRP and wondering a similar thought... are these crazy valuations of XRP referring to the XRP Ripple holds or the XRP I hold. Clearly, the two can be differentiated. We make Ripple cash rich, they find the really deep pocketed investors (who will. partially own the extremely valuable XRP held by Ripple... because it is a company asset not an open ledger asset) and then the SEC says they think the line between security and asset is fuzzy. So, Ripple then further distances itself from XRP and shoots through the next stratosphere with xCurrent. Technology may be leapfrogging xRapid after all and, as said many times by Ripple reps, "XRP and Ripple are two different animals." -Corey Johnson. One can succeed or fail with no bearing on the other. 

XRP owners truly may be left with an open-sourced XRP Distributed Ledger with only one company actually trying to make XRP flow... Allvor. I never gave it a lot of credibility before, that XRP is not needed, but I'm listening now. It appears more and more applications are being used that do not require a bridge token to make the transaction. So, shouldn't we be focusing on developing more applications aside from Ripple, the company we helped build but may not share their success with. They may be prevented from investing in dApps that promote XRP by the SEC... then what?

Again, I'm heavily invested and have the right to ask. I'm not selling any XRP, but technology appears to be bypassing XRP as a bridge currency. I used to think if Ripple doesn't promote XRP now... they will. BUT NOT IF the SEC prefers the distance between the two before they can say it is NOT a security. Yes, we need clarification from the SEC but I'm seeing a shift in words from Ripple... and that could mean a whole other ballgame for me since the XRP Ledger is not as aligned and partnered with more than two use case applications that I know of. 

Nothing above is meant to insult or offend anyone. It is an honest take, so if you want to tell me how stupid I am... save it. If you want to enlighten me, please do.

People often criticize Ripple because it owns 60+ billions of XRPs. However, by doing that they will also get
blinded by the fact that Ripple does have the largest financial incentive (NOT legal obligation) to get
price of XRP high. Hence XRP is like an "utility-option" for Ripple (and every hodler) that can make them
insanely rich or it can be rendered next to worthless or anything between. One can assume the more Ripple
is ready to work for XRP ecosystem the more they believe XRP will be the huge winner in future.

One way to think this is that XRP is like an early automobile when there are not yet decent road networks
in place. This lack of infrastructure creates the "chicken and egg" problem: no one wants to buy an automobile
because there are not decent roads and no one wants to build roads because there are not yet automobiles.

Developers (I guess Jed McCaleb, Arthur Britto and David Schwartz) invented XRP (the automobile) before Ripple
was even founded. They quickly realized that payments with XRP will not get wide spread adoption
without proper global payments network that would encompass interoperability of different kinds of payments.
Hence, Ripple has been developing global payments infrastructure (the road network) past 6 years
by developing xCurrent, xVia, ILP and Codius. They all serve as global payments infrastructure
and XRP is not mandatory with them because they are purposefully currency agnostic. Once the
infrastructure is up and running (more and more) then all consumers and companies will have "even field"
to choose how and which currency they want to make their payments.

I guess that Ripple really believes that once they have built the infrastructure then people will act
logically and choose technically the best (the fastest, cheapest, most secure, etc.) currency for their
payments. Enter XRP. Enter lambo. However, as we know people does not always act logically and might
stick with inferior currency/system for long time for silly reasons.

Because the rich dont take huge risks because they're already rich. People are rightfully waiting on regulations and the sec. They dont care if they buy at 1, 2 or 3 dollars because if everything is cleared out we will probably reach double digits. This is a risk im willing to take now while we're still not clear.

When i have my million im putting it on the stock market and enjoy a slow but steady revenue.