Yhodla

Patience you must have

28 minutes ago, Sebastian said:

There are always going to be members like @Moonraker, @Mods_are_tyrants, @Chewiecoin, and @RegalChicken.  Some are going to be  negative/realistic whereas others are going to be  positive/unrealistic.  That just seems to be the way things work.

While psychology is an significant factor in investing, it is ultimately up to every "investor" (I use that term loosely) to make their own financial decisions.  No one else should be blamed.  While @Chewiecoin and @RegalChicken (and many others) are very positive about their investment, it does not mean they are trying to maliciously pump the price.

And I highly doubt @Moonraker and @Mods_are_tyrants (and many others) are trying to maliciously spread FUD.  They simply have a different perspective.  As I have said before, anyone who does not have fear, uncertainty, or doubt about their investment either possess inside information or is not being realistic.  There is a lot that has to go well for XRP to hit $5, $10, $100, etc. and stay there (do not even get me going on $589).  On the other hand, with FOMO the first two numbers are likely achievable.

I established my XRP position August - November of last year.  There was a lot of negativity in the forum as XRP was still well below its previous ATH of $0.42.  In addition, other cryptos were routinely hitting new ATHs each month.  Many were starting to wonder if Ripple controlled the price.  Despite all of this, I continued buying XRP because I was enamored by the longer term potential (i.e., 3-5 years)  If I had listened to the many naysayers, I would not be where I am today.  Honestly, at today's prices I would like to put more money in the market, but it is not the responsible thing to do.  Despite the potential of cyrpto, it is important to keep a diversified portfolio (and by that I mean CD, 401k, HSA, post tax investment, etc.).

Edit: Always do your own research.  I spent many hours researching before making my first purchase.  The more time I spent researching, the more FOMO I got. I was lucky to have discovered XRP when I did as the market was relatively calm.  The market today is totally different, but dollar cost averaging can be a good strategy.

Well said and very good advice. No matter how much we believe in this there is always a risk and you should never over commit if that affects you financially. 

Haters gonna hate. We're all in this together. If you can't handle a high risk investment then go buy some silver bullion and stick it in your sock drawer. 

A person can make a very nice nestegg in stocks. Look at Fb this week. 

I came to crypto for the returns and I accept the volatility. It's part of the game. If you don't like it you don't have ti play. 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, shaunnol said:

Blaming @Chewiecoin and @RegalChicken for you investing more than you could lose is like someone blaming McDonald’s for making them fat.

But I think McDonalds has made me fat! It’s those damn Chicken Nuggets.

Ahem . . . . no offence @RegalChicken

Edited by Chewiecoin

54 minutes ago, FixnUrPowerline said:

I just don't understand what occured in this World where personal responsibility flew out of the window. I want to puke every damn time someone brings up the poor, little, tender and brittle investors and expects me or anyone else to bite our tongues for fear that they might be fomo'ed into buying XRP. 

Natural selection is a real thing and if people get burnt by listening to randoms online whether it is for or against something rather than rationalizing and researching for themselves then they deserve the results of poorly informed financial descisions. 

If any of you want to hold the tender hands of other investors and make it your "feel good about yourself" mission then take it upon yourselves and reach out to them. Don't go attacking people on here who are enthusiastic about their investment. Go about trumpeting your cause and while you are at it hand out some free lunches and stuffed animals. But to come at me or others telling us to tone down our enthusiasm because it is irresponsible? My reply.. blow it out of your @$$

Give it a break already. This is why investing is usually reserved for adults who are expected to be able to comprehend the results of their actions and make responsible fiscal descisions. 

Sing it from the rooftops brother!!!

Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, Moonraker said:

What I've posted is not misinformation, it's a fact.  There are hundreds of successful companies out there that started off with low value.  There are also hundreds of companies that didn't make it.

Spreading FOMO is a dangerous thing.  Will you take responsibility if people lose money after you continuously spread baseless FOMO?  

I'm seriously beginning to think you are being paid to spread FOMO and to encourage people to buy all the time.

Until something actually starts to move this sleeping beast, I would refrain from making such posts.  Because  there is nothing to say this beast will ever fully awaken again.

When you finally realize that everyone who bought near ATH are the ones who complain and the people who hold are ones who bought at <0.20, you will understand the flipside of that equation: the one's who lost money are emotional and the ones who made money aren't selling because they know fundamentals have only improved. 

Take a step back. Big picture. Where are we right now? Still in ******* beta for Christ's sake. 

Edit: Saying the beast will likely never fully awaken again is sooooooo narrow sighted.

Edited by Atomic1221

Jesus H. For everyone doubting that this thing will ever work, why not diversify? Go buy something you think has a good shot at succeeding. If you already have, apparently you need to consider reallocating funds away from XRP since the outlook is so ******* poor.

19 minutes ago, Deeznutz said:

Jesus H. For everyone doubting that this thing will ever work, why not diversify? Go buy something you think has a good shot at succeeding. If you already have, apparently you need to consider reallocating funds away from XRP since the outlook is so ******* poor.

But didn't you know they hodl tens of thousands of XRP!!

14 hours ago, Moonraker said:

What I've posted is not misinformation, it's a fact.  There are hundreds of successful companies out there that started off with low value.  There are also hundreds of companies that didn't make it.

Spreading FOMO is a dangerous thing.  Will you take responsibility if people lose money after you continuously spread baseless FOMO?  

I'm seriously beginning to think you are being paid to spread FOMO and to encourage people to buy all the time.

Until something actually starts to move this sleeping beast, I would refrain from making such posts.  Because  there is nothing to say this beast will ever fully awaken again.

14 hours ago, BagHoldersGalore said:

This is gettin unhealthy.. dear God!

Now we have a guy talking liKe Yoda giving advice... Stop the doritos and mountain dew and get out of the basement!!!

Feels like a Tron forum..

14 hours ago, Moonraker said:

I feel a responsibility to prevent people from losing their hard earned money.  Yes, people have to make their own decisions but you have to realise their decisions are heavily influenced by FOMO posts.  

If I have nothing better to say than the sky is falling (if a fall from almost $4 to $0.5 with no sign of recovery isn't a fall then I don't know what is) then you have nothing better to do than create constant, baseless FOMO time and time again.

14 hours ago, Mods_are_tyrants said:

Since I get labelled as the fudster because I don't share the pie in the sky dreams of many here is my .02. The hypsters on the forum say things like this: "Amazon is a great example of what HODLING can do and what patience can bring. XRP is just like Amazon great technology, we are in at the beginning, the future will be great, being crypto it won't take 20 years. 3-5 years we will all be happy!"

amazon.png.d429dd6b8362e55afd5e54ddf13ef063.png

People get all excited at the picture of any Amazon chart it is Parabolic (over 20 years lol) but this is crypto and won't take as long says the hypesters. They quote people like Novagratz, Winglevoss, RBC Capital, pick your favorite FI pumper, but they all have one thing in common? They all hold millions or billions in crypto now :) So, of course they want a larger market cap it has to grow that big for them to liquidate and turn their paper gains in to real gains real FIAT gains.

When you try to use logic and say "Well, AMAZON employs over 540k people has a income of over 200 billion and a market cap of 800 billion" if XRP emulated AMZN the price would be around $8-25 depending on the current O/S people flip out. "No, No it isn't comparable anymore, XRP can be bigger than the whole FIAT currency of the United States or even the WORLD!"

Really? Let's be logical here WU 10 Transactions, no company is beating down Ripple's door to use xRapid. Ripple is beating down everyone else's door to "Please use xRapid!!" 

Temper the expectation be grateful for the 100-150% rise that is coming and don't get caught up in these "I'm gonna be a millionaire posts" by owning a few thousand shares of ANY crypto those days are behind us.

Need more rockets 

38 minutes ago, Deeznutz said:

Any investment I’ve ever had, it’s because I believed in the project or company or fund. If I don’t believe in it I don’t buy, if I lose faith I sell. One thing I don’t do is talk trash about it while holding because that is entirely counter to my goal of others buying or holding; it would contribute to stagnation or deflation. That’s crazy with notable exceptions.

One, I hold but want to use it as a capital loss for tax purposes. Two, I actually want to buy more but for as cheaply as possible, thinking my trash talk can drive down the value. Three, I don’t actually hold it at all and want to be an aggressive maniac for the lulz.

Debating value projections is a perfectly reasonable thing to do. That’s literally the point of the speculation board. But when I see some of the foul language, insults, and posts about assured runs to zero, it’s a dead giveaway of someone being in one of the three aforementioned goals. That’s immediate grounds for an ignore.