The new XRP symbol is horrible

Triple

1 hour ago, xrp_py said:

Try hand writing the new symbol. Try handwriting it next to a number, as in $500. Sloppy as heck. And to top it off, the contest instructions specifically stated that it has to look good handwritten. I'm not a bitcoin fan, but the bitcoin symbol looks good handwritten and digital...many others do also. 

Ripple should have done a worldwide contest with a $1000 prize (doesn't have to be more than that).

On a positive note, the symbol doesn't really matter in the larger scheme of things. Ripple is still going to #1, good symbol or not. 

I agree! Except for the $1,000 part. Maybe $10,000. Heck even $100,000. A new symbol is a HUGE deal.

2 hours ago, xrp_py said:

Try hand writing the new symbol. Try handwriting it next to a number, as in $500. Sloppy as heck. And to top it off, the contest instructions specifically stated that it has to look good handwritten. I'm not a bitcoin fan, but the bitcoin symbol looks good handwritten and digital...many others do also. 

Ripple should have done a worldwide contest with a $1000 prize (doesn't have to be more than that).

On a positive note, the symbol doesn't really matter in the larger scheme of things. Ripple is still going to #1, good symbol or not. 

Agreed. The new symbol might look slick online but there's no way to draw it quickly and clearly. It's not distinctive when hand written, it either looks sloppy and accidental or like a deformed equals sign. This was a suboptimal way to hold the vote and I'm not sure the symbol will hold long term. 

well,

this is the first move from Ripple  i think is bad. The logo looks like smth  a grp of kids would draw on their tree house with fat crayons. Also X is already a simbol that is overused through out history for all kinds of stuff , so not exactly gonna be associated with xrp. I thought the page didnt load completely when i First saw the simbol, it looks as a scheme for a finished simbol.

It is not that important , but on some level it could have an impact on global acceptance of xrp...we will see

Also what am i going to do with all the ripple products i already have with the old simbol?...

8 hours ago, ImTheRippler said:

Looks cool on Livecoinwatch, I dig it with the black square surrounding.

Screen Shot 2018-06-13 at 3.40.17 PM.png

tbh to me this looks like xrp has no simbol , so they just put x on its spot. It looks even more nonexistant on cmc.

edit: finally i get what it reminds me of, the close window sign  in Microsoft Windows top right corner.

Edited by Oldschool

3 hours ago, Triple said:

I agree! Except for the $1,000 part. Maybe $10,000. Heck even $100,000. A new symbol is a HUGE deal.

Why should Ripple pay for a new logo?
They do not own the rights to XRP, they just own a LOT of it.
This is the whole reason it went to a community vote.
Democracy works in a way that if you don't like the outcome, you have to accept it until the next opportunity to vote.
Personally, I voted for this symbol. 
You have every right to voice your objection to what the vast majority chose, but please don't mix up Ripple the company and XRP the coin/token/asset

11 hours ago, poppy said:

I agree, that half x is horrible. It won't last 2 years. A good logo should stand on its own for 10 years ( Nike,Ikea,Sony,Google, apple, etc etc) this "x" is not doing it

No one who dislikes it will give a toss in a week if the market recovers and the price goes up.

6 hours ago, xrp_py said:

Not too shabby...

z.jpg

The new symbol is by far the best from the options we had, definitely future proof. 

6 hours ago, xrp_py said:

LMAO I heard handwriting will be a big thing in the future.

18 minutes ago, Oldschool said:

this is not the simbol .....the simbol is the letter x with a gap in the middle that can only be seen above font size 40

Well, I beg to differ. It IS the symbol with my handwriting.

You cannot expect anyone to meticulously write two separate lines with a tiny little gap between them in real life. Therefore, the handwritten symbol will always differ from the printed one, especially when written in one fluid stroke.

I like the new Symbol, X  marks the spot to place your money.

I personally like that it doesn’t have the cartoon-ish look to it like the others, I think FI,s will be able to take this symbol more serious than the others. 

X- alao happens to be the first letter in many Foreign Echange [FOREX] trading.

http://eoddata.com/stocklist/FOREX/X.htm