Triple

The new XRP symbol is horrible

WOW. Take a look at how horribly awkward and un-optimized the new XRP symbol is when sat alongside the other coins on coinmarketcap. It looks absolutely AWFUL. I'm almost convinced that the votes were botted to pick the absolute WORST option that was available! How did this happen?? Such a let down.

The quality of the edges of the image when converted into a mini-thumbnail look fuzzy, and the actual shape looks squished. To top it off, it now blends in with ETH and EOS. I understand the need for a unique symbol and all that jazz but this was a horribly thought out, half-assed decision.

Looking at Twitter and Reddit, I know I'm not the only person who thinks this. SUCH A DOWNGRADE! There goes our individuality that the old logo held. And before anyone tries to say that it doesn't matter or yadda yadda, yeah whatever. But it seriously looks like a ******* five year old drew the thing.

Edited by Triple
please don't use all caps in titles

There are so much many crappy project.. go and comment on it.. 

This logo looks good and it reflects the vision for XRP. And this logo is just a representation and its not going to affect the fundamental of XRP in anyways. So stop behaving like school kid. 

Not worth a discussion topic.

5 minutes ago, Triple said:

WOW. Take a look at how horribly awkward and un-optimized the new XRP symbol is when sat alongside the other coins on coinmarketcap. It looks absolutely AWFUL. I'm almost convinced that the votes were botted to pick the absolute WORST option that was available! How did this happen?? Such a let down.

The quality of the edges of the image when converted into a mini-thumbnail look fuzzy, and the actual shape looks squished. To top it off, it now blends in with ETH and EOS. I understand the need for a unique symbol and all that jazz but this was a horribly thought out, half-assed decision.

Looking at Twitter and Reddit, I know I'm not the only person who thinks this. SUCH A DOWNGRADE! There goes our individuality that the old logo held. And before anyone tries to say that it doesn't matter or yadda yadda, yeah whatever. But it seriously looks like a ******* five year old drew the thing. Two suggestions: No more community voting, and secondly, I vote we fire Claire. /rant

I think you’re wrong.

it looks far more sophisticated than the fidget spinner. I think it’s classy and effective and much more corporate looking. 

Also, I don’t understand why you use CMC. They completely screwed over XRP during the Korean fiasco in January. Use LCW instead.

It was voted fair and square by the community. Time to move on..

BTW still can't see it in the landing page in CMC yet.

Edited by lll_lll

I agree, that half x is horrible. It won't last 2 years. A good logo should stand on its own for 10 years ( Nike,Ikea,Sony,Google, apple, etc etc) this "x" is not doing it

5 minutes ago, EWH2020 said:

I think you’re wrong.

it looks far more sophisticated than the fidget spinner. I think it’s classy and effective and much more corporate looking. 

Also, I don’t understand why you use CMC. They completely screwed over XRP during the Korean fiasco in January. Use LCW instead.

I use CMC because LCW loads extremely slowly on my phone. Also it looks even worse on LCW, my god.

13 minutes ago, Triple said:

Looking at Twitter and Reddit, I know I'm not the only person who thinks this. SUCH A DOWNGRADE! There goes our individuality that the old logo held. And before anyone tries to say that it doesn't matter or yadda yadda, yeah whatever. But it seriously looks like a ******* five year old drew the thing. Two suggestions: No more community voting, and secondly, I vote we fire Claire. /rant

I agree. Looks very amateurish. I submitted an entry early on but by the end of the contest my design was still pending approval so was never entered. 

2 minutes ago, poppy said:

I agree, that half x is horrible. It won't last 2 years. A good logo should stand on its own for 10 years ( Nike,Ikea,Sony,Google, apple, etc etc) this "x" is not doing it

Exactly. It's so rough looking that I could never imagine it being the permanent logo. So sloppy.

The idea of  competition was cool but they should have attracted some brilliant designers by doing a 1000000 reward. They have the money, it would bring them global publicity. They had no problem spending that kind of money on Ben Bernanke at swell 20177. Please cancell the x and do it right