ienviaa

Your fear about XRP and adoption

Just a topic to discuss about your biggest fear that could slow or completely stop XRP and most importantly : Adoption

Personally, my biggest fear for XRP is basically the fact that Chris and Brad, both combines, are holding more than 10% of the entire supply... For me this is the most scary **** that could stop a bank or FIs to buy or adopt xRapid.

A don't come to me and say  : hey but satoshi holding this and vitalik is holding that : I don't care about others and what they do, I'm talking about Ripple, XRP and their mainstream goals. For me this gift to founders I pretty amatory compared to the division where Ripple is trying to play. 

XRP isn't a stock or shares (you cannot compare this like Bill Gates holding MS shares, etc), it's an asset and it should be used like this.

Just now, XRPisVELOCITY said:

Another thread that makes absolutely zero sense.  Why invest and then talk about how scared you are.  

Don't worry, I'll close the door behind me.  Have fun.

Should have wrote this disclaimer before ^^, I invested early 2017, I trust the project and the team, but this world is not an utopia, this is why I talk about this subject. To me it seems more interesting than a 1000th topic talking about how XRP will be at 10$ next month, but I must be crazy.

10 minutes ago, ienviaa said:

Personally, my biggest fear for XRP is basically the fact that Chris and Brad, both combines, are holding more than 10% of the entire supply... For me this is the most scary **** that could stop a bank or FIs to buy or adopt xRapid.

That's a weird fear.  That's like saying "I hold Facebook shares, but I'm scared Zuck is going to deliberately sabotage Facebook".  It makes no business sense for the top guys to trash their own company. 

Just now, Gangus said:

I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure that there are stipulations on how they are allowed to sell. I cannot remember the source though.

Yeah, of course.

I'm not scarred at all about how they could dump XRP. Again, I trust them, and they are not stupid ofc.

But more scarry about how legitimate this move sounds like, how can you answer to a bank asking you :"yeah ok, but why are you personnaly holding so much of it, gifted on day 1, if it is supposed to be an asset ?"

1 minute ago, 2ndtimearound said:

That's a weird fear.  That's like saying "I hold Facebook shares, but I'm scared Zuck is going to deliberately sabotage Facebook".  It makes no business sense for the top guys to trash their own company. 

My same answer above.

4 minutes ago, ienviaa said:

Yeah, of course.

I'm not scarred at all about how they could dump XRP. Again, I trust them, and they are not stupid ofc.

But more scarry about how legitimate this move sounds like, how can you answer to a bank asking you :"yeah ok, but why are you personnaly holding so much of it, gifted on day 1, if it is supposed to be an asset ?"

So you're saying "I - a lowly retail investor -  wouldn't be so silly to think Brad and Chris would trash their own company, but CEOs of major banks would be so silly to think that".  Again, makes no sense.

Edited by 2ndtimearound

Its really the fear of competition for me.When i read about other payment companies developing their own stuff it makes me nervous a little bit. Other than that i'm very confident

Chris cofounded Rippleworks, maybe it can appease your mind :) 

Mojaloop co created with the Bill and Melinda Gates foundation is one of their 193 initiatives

Edited by Guest

17 minutes ago, RegalChicken said:

Some members within THIS VERY FORUM are already running their own Codius hosts AND ARE SEEING PAYMENT FOR SMART CONTRACTS. 

I am on my way. Taking first steps today. What did you think? I chicken out on this opportunity ?