American Express and Ripple Live in the UK and coming to other countries

Executive Director of American Express-France had an interview in French where she states that They’ve implemented Ripple’s technology and are currently LIVE in the UK and will later go LIVE in other countries. Unfortunately, the interviewer doesn’t seem to be well versed with Xcurrent and Xrapid, and fails to specifically ask her whether they were using xcurrent or xrapid.

My guess is xCurrent. As has been said many times on the forum the plan seems to be to get in the door and make everyone comfortable with the tech using xCurrent. There are smaller outliers hot for xRapid right now, and based on what Garlinghouse has said it sounds like xRapid utilization will begin to ramp up somewhat towards the end of the year, though I don't expect that to be at a rate which will make the impatient sufficiently happy. It'd be great to be proven otherwise but as has also been said here many times 2019 is likely the earliest we'll really start to see xRapid begin to take hold with 2020 being the true indicator on whether or not our speculation has life or is DOA and we all go back to flipping burgers.

3 minutes ago, Scott said:

My guess is xCurrent. As has been said many times on the forum the plan seems to be to get in the door and make everyone comfortable with the tech using xCurrent. There are smaller outliers hot for xRapid right now, and based on what Garlinghouse has said it sounds like xRapid utilization will begin to ramp up somewhat towards the end of the year, though I don't expect that to be at a rate which will make the impatient sufficiently happy. It'd be great to be proven otherwise but as has also been said here many times 2019 is likely the earliest we'll really start to see xRapid begin to take hold with 2020 being the true indicator on whether or not our speculation has life or is DOA and we all go back to flipping burgers.

That sums it up nicely.

xCurrent adoption is good, real good.