SamNews

Evidence That A Coinbase Listing Would See Ripple XRP Skyrocket

There are two big arguments within Ripple’s XRP and the Coinbase saga.

Just as a reminder, at the moment, Coinbase will not list Ripple XRP due to it’s association as a security. Though this has not yet been proven, some believe Ripple XRP is a security, others of course do not. As an unbiased news team, we can’t really side with either argument.

Contunie Reading

cryptocurrency-2.jpg

Probably more than the 25% we witnessed today with the announcement around Ethereum Classic getting the list next.  However, it would be a total pump and dump situation and I hope if we do eventually get the list that it happens when the price of XRP is a bit higher (say $3-4) so it's a bit more stable.

22 minutes ago, Zedy44 said:

Probably more than the 25% we witnessed today with the announcement around Ethereum Classic getting the list next.  However, it would be a total pump and dump situation and I hope if we do eventually get the list that it happens when the price of XRP is a bit higher (say $3-4) so it's a bit more stable.

There would be an initial pump and dump like with ETC, but it would increase the price significantly when it's actually added because of the size of coinbase and the fiat pairings. After all it's something people are actually interested in 😀. Will be interesting to see how ETC does when it's actually listed.

1 hour ago, SamNews said:

Just as a reminder, at the moment, Coinbase will not list Ripple XRP due to it’s association as a security.

too ironic...

Edited by zerocool

No % predictions from me.  All I'm reasonably sure of is that the listing/regulations will happen.  There's someone on this forum that I'm fairly sure knows I'm telling the truth, based on what I've said to them and what has transpired since.  Personally, I see ETC being somewhere around $35 by EOY, whether or not XRP sees the same gains when all comes to fruition, we'll have to wait and see.  Also agree it will be a short-term pump and dump, so take profits accordingly, but be sure to hold a decent amount for the future.

10 hours ago, hyakutake1349 said:

There would be an initial pump and dump like with ETC, but it would increase the price significantly when it's actually added because of the size of coinbase and the fiat pairings. After all it's something people are actually interested in 😀. Will be interesting to see how ETC does when it's actually listed.

im aware CB would provide a solid spike and I feel we all need some feel good (since jan it was basically when we flirted with $1 for a day) but CB is not what we are banking on is it.... sure it would be amazing to get to $10 on CB speculation - thats half my mortgage and provides a nice buffer/ gain regardless of what the next 3 years bring.... but lets leave CB to do their thing and let Brad and co do theirs.....

Seriously? Might as well link to a YouTube comment. I've said this before, and saying it again. Straight from the horse's mouth: https://twitter.com/brian_armstrong/status/989712568926195712? . In other words, precisely as outlined in their framework: https://www.gdax.com/static/digital-asset-framework-2017-11.pdf , decentralization is a pre-requisite which has not been met, and will not be met any time soon. ****, even Garlinghouse couldn't buy his way into this one.

15 hours ago, SamNews said:

Just as a reminder, at the moment, Coinbase will not list Ripple XRP due to it’s association as a security. 

Not sure why you’d say “as a reminder” - what you suggest has absolutely never been the narrative. Brian Armstrong is anti-XRP. He is a libertarian. He is anti-bank.

I could just as well say “Just as a reminder, Coinbase will never list XRP unless Brian Armstrong exits the business and the new owner is less politically motivated”. And I’d be closer to the truth.

Some say he’d be silly to ignore the profit that listing XRP could bring. But I don’t think that’s his concern.  I think he would be more than happy to leave many $millions on the table if it means he isn’t helping to preserve the legacy banking system. Actually, his #1 goal (as far as I’m aware) is assisting in the destruction of that system as best he can.

I’m not just plucking these ideas from the air. I’ve been in the market a while and I’ve paid close attention to his mutterings over the years.

40 minutes ago, Still1 said:

IMO once Binance adopts Fiat pairings Coinbase will be left behind. Their fees are also very high and other exchanges will challenge their dominance. Im not a big fan of Coinbase.

Agreed.  Binance already rules the market.  Adding EUR pairs soon, USD pairs on Binance in the works.

Im almost at the point of not wanting Coinbase.  When they are stupid enough to choose Ethereum Classic over XRP, I lose coinfidence in them.  Also with the current bear market, do not think it would be a long lasting gain, would gain 10 cents or so, then begin to fall again.