Would you recommend to a family member or a friend to invest in XRP?

128 members have voted

1. 1. Would you recommend to a family member or a friend to invest in XRP?

• Yes, I already have.
    • Yes
    • No

12 minutes ago, Greeny said:

I did back in its early days at $0.004.  How much they regret not listing to me now.  I do not however recommend it to anyone at current prices.  Even though I still think it will see $5 one day, but probably not this year.

What was your initial investment? You should be retired unless it was just $50 bucks? A 1.5k investment sold at $3 would have been over 1.125 Million?

3 minutes ago, Mods_are_tyrants said:

Only if they had little to no debt excluding a house, were funding their retirement properly,  and had emergency cash squared away. Then I would bring up the conversation on risk, loss, and if investing in crypto made sense.

Very important, yes all that too. Although I don't ask about debts. 

Just now, Mods_are_tyrants said:

What was your initial investment? You should be retired unless it was just $50 bucks? A 1.5k investment sold at $3 would have been over 1.125 Million?

I'm not retiring when I hit that! I'm not even cashing out.

5 minutes ago, Mods_are_tyrants said:

wish i could retire on $1.125m

For immediate family I have been steering them away from crypto to not have to deal with the sort of angst we see on this board when things aren't green. Instead my play has been to throw in some dollars for them and hold the risk myself. If it pays off and it ends up as some degree of windfall they can pay me back the initial capital to make it official. As for friends, it depends on the level of intelligence and maturity. Some definitely could not handle this stuff either in responsible investing or required temperament, others I try to steer down a path of doing actual research first. Shocking to some this does not involve chasing FOMO and FUD on boards.

Certainly not! 

Although I know my way in the financial world, I’m not a qualified/certified investment advisor and above that I keep business separated from close relationships. 

Giving investment advice without knowing 100% of the clients situation ( assets, debts, pension, details about the last will etc etc) is the worst. It’s prohibited by law and for good reasons ( OneCoin anyone?). 

35 minutes ago, Mods_are_tyrants said:

Not going to talk exact amounts, but I am not currently worried about money.  However I only cashed out a small portion of it at the end of 2017.  I was waiting for the tax lawyer I hired to get things in order for me and while he screwed around trying to figure out the difference between XRP and his ass,  the price dropped.

Edited by Greeny

10 minutes ago, Greeny said:

.  I was waiting for the tax lawyer I hired to get things in order for me and while he screwed around trying to figure out the difference between XRP and his ass,  the price dropped.

Ha!   That is so familiar!  :dash1:

30 minutes ago, Greeny said:

Not going to talk exact amounts, but I am not currently worried about money.  However I only cashed out a small portion of it at the end of 2017.  I was waiting for the tax lawyer I hired to get things in order for me and while he screwed around trying to figure out the difference between XRP and his ass,  the price dropped.

Good job :) I'm not near you. I broke 6 figures with BTC and jumped ship after a 7-11x gain (sold at different points), 3x on LTC, 4x on ETH. I should have kept my finger on crypto, but I was so busy with highschoolers and new what I had in BTC that I didn't care. When I looked again in 5/17 I was like "Look at all of these cool ICO's and coins." 

But like you I'm up so many times over in crypto I can't be mad. I just loathe the endless pump of the cypto space. I don't feel as if gains of previous years will materialize again. Once in a lifetime run (percentage speaking).

Yes I have and will continue to do so, but I heavily emphasize the risks and pretty much tell family/friend/co-worker that the investment very likely could be the equivalent of putting your hard earned money into a barrel and setting it on fire.  But I also emphasize the problem Ripple is tackling and how they are trying to change the world and if they succeed the value could sky rocket.  I give them a long list of resources to read up on before explaining to them how to get their hands on XRP.

Some people listened carefully, looked over the resources I gave them, and a couple invested happily back in the $.20-$.30 range.  Some told me XRP was a shitcoin and they were already told to only invest in Bitcoin.  Other's just wanted to know if they'd be rich and how long it would take.  These days I just wear some Ripple gear to work once a week and wait for someone to strike up a conversation about it and go from there.

3 hours ago, XRPLearner said:

Yes I did back last Dec, when xrp was around $0.34/$0.44.  Everyone listened but hesitated to 'pull the trigger'. Given no one took my advice/recommendation it was then that I knew I was onto a winner. Probably a big winner. Life works that way..

3 hours ago, enrique11 said:

No, you have to know what you're doing with this coin. It's not your typical crypto - it's easy to get hacked.  I can imagine all my family members losing their Zerps. Also, they might think it's an good alternative to fiat, but ultimately some other suitable coin will likely be accepted at busineses for common transactions.

Could you maybe explain the "it's easy to get hacked" part, you know for us unedumacated folk? I've only googled some stuff but I'm pretty sure it isn't, can you please detail said hacks?