Jump to content
Guest

Would you recommend to a family member or a friend to invest in XRP?

Would you recommend to a family member or a friend to invest in XRP?  

128 members have voted

  1. 1. Would you recommend to a family member or a friend to invest in XRP?

    • Yes, I already have.
      83
    • Yes
      7
    • No
      39


Recommended Posts

23 minutes ago, cryptohippy said:

Could you maybe explain the "it's easy to get hacked" part, you know for us unedumacated folk? I've only googled some stuff but I'm pretty sure it isn't, can you please detail said hacks?

If you're pretty sure it isn't, then you have nothing to worry about right? ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, enrique11 said:

If you're pretty sure it isn't, then you have nothing to worry about right? ;)

You laid the assertion I'm still waiting to hear your facts, but of course you don't have any do you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, cryptohippy said:

You laid the assertion I'm still waiting to hear your facts, but of course you don't have any do you.

You're sure of yourself... I'll leave it at that. I've wasted enough time with you.

Edited by enrique11

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
18 minutes ago, cryptohippy said:

I'm sure of your lack of anything of substance to back up the FUD you posted to Rachel.

No clue about all this but I suppose exchanges could get hacked. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, cryptohippy said:

You laid the assertion I'm still waiting to hear your facts, but of course you don't have any do you.

The facts are these:

1. If soemone gets hold of your private key, they can steal your XRPs

2. Malware exists.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, SaladFingers said:

I would never recommend anyone invest in anything. DYOR.

You can't do research on something if it's not even on your radar.  I wish someone had introduced XRP to me in 2016.  I would have at least looked into it at the time and done further research.  A lot of people have never even heard of XRP so can't even start their research on it.  I think there's a big difference between "you must buy this crypto today or you'll regret it" and "hey there's a possible opportunity here with XRP - if you're interested, DYOR" - the latter just introduces the idea to them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, 2ndtimearound said:

You can't do research on something if it's not even on your radar.  I wish someone had introduced XRP to me in 2016.  I would have at least looked into it at the time and done further research.  A lot of people have never even heard of XRP so can't even start their research on it.  I think there's a big difference between "you must buy this crypto today or you'll regret it" and "hey there's a possible opportunity here with XRP - if you're interested, DYOR" - the latter just introduces the idea to them.

My response was to the question "Would you recommend to a family member or a friend to invest in XRP?". I have no problem with saying "hey, this may be of interest to you" but I would never recommend someone invest. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, SaladFingers said:

My response was to the question "Would you recommend to a family member or a friend to invest in XRP?". I have no problem with saying "hey, this may be of interest to you" but I would never recommend someone invest. 

Fair enough - I agree with you in that case (after reading the question properly!). XRP is an easy hold for me, but I can imagine a friend or family being annoyed at me if it crashes down from their buy price.  We're all different in that respect.  I've been studying XRP for 8 months to get to my comfort zone of holding it in the red.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Personally I will not do it again. The last time I advised to buy an asset, the person sold too early because the price of the asset was falling and he lost money. I felt responsible.

I just say DYOR.

Edited by DarkHorseXRP

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, enrique11 said:

Get lost. 

Looks like I owe you an apology on this one, I read something completely different (I thought you were implying that the protocol was easily somehow hacked) the cold light of day tells me different, humble pie I shall eat, yes you are actually correct it is very easy to get hacked. Sorry about that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×