Would you recommend to a family member or a friend to invest in XRP?

128 members have voted

1. 1. Would you recommend to a family member or a friend to invest in XRP?

• Yes, I already have.
    • Yes
    • No

3 minutes ago, SaladFingers said:

I would never recommend anyone invest in anything. DYOR.

Would you tell a family member or friend to research XRP and if they liked what they saw then to consider investing?

Tricky question.  I didn't recomend investing but I did inform them about Ripple/XRP. Now I would recommend against investing until situation settles.

No, you have to know what you're doing with this coin. It's not your typical crypto - it's easy to get hacked.  I can imagine all my family members losing their Zerps. Also, they might think it's an good alternative to fiat, but ultimately some other suitable coin will likely be accepted at busineses for common transactions.

Edited by enrique11

mixed.

for those i told prior to the late 2017 run-up, they had massive regret for not doing it  when i told them they should. i now get so many asking me if this is a “sure thing”, etc. i can and will never give a guarantee on anything (investing especially), despite having a gut feeling that this has always been right. i stopped talking about everything in general, because it’s become so annoying.

I did back in its early days at $0.004.  How much they regret not listing to me now.  I do not however recommend it to anyone at current prices.  Even though I still think it will see $5 one day, but probably not this year.

I never recommend anyone to buy or sell. I recommend people to do their proper research and decide what to do based on that.

25 minutes ago, XRPLearner said:

Would you tell a family member or friend to research XRP and if they liked what they saw then to consider investing?

No. Family and friends know I have xrp, if they come to me with questions I will help them out as much as possible but I would never be the one to bring up the subject of them investing. I am very bullish on xrp but I'm not ignorant to the fact that there is the possibility we could all get 100% rekt, as such I don't feel it's my place to be telling others how they should gamble their money.

8 minutes ago, Greeny said:

I did back in its early days at $0.004.  How much they regret not listing to me now.  I do not however recommend it to anyone at current prices.  Even though I still think it will see $5 one day, but probably not this year.

The times of 30000% are gone , you’re right.

Only if they had little to no debt excluding a house, were funding their retirement properly,  and had emergency cash squared away. Then I would bring up the conversation on risk, loss, and if investing in crypto made sense.

6 people this week, over 20 in total. And I don't just recommend. I give them hours of my research, sit down to talk about XRP and Ripple and the company, help them get on exchanges, and walk them through their first purchase. 

I just send them to Uphold, tell them to make an account and send me their Uphold @username, and then give them some XRP whenever I think it's appropriate.

Then I mostly don't respond to their texts or calls when they ask me what the hell I sent them (or why).  But... I'm kind of a funny guy.  So, your mileage may vary.