WhentheBoat_ComesIn

Into the Troll's Lair; a very entertaining discussion with Matt Hamilton ‏ @HammerToe and some Bitcoin trolls

If you have the time I think it's well worth a listen; I found it facinating, humerous, entertaining and at times mind blowing! It's an insight into the mind of Bitcoin Trolls. Matt Hamilton, an XRP supporter, takes a couple of BTC supporters/XRP haters to task. It reminded me of a Monty Python sketch at times with Matt playing the sensible character!  I hope @hammertoe  doesnt mind me reposting it here. Enjoy.

I saw this on Twitter and managed to listen to it for maybe half an hour. The way they keep shouting at him and over each other makes it not very enjoyable. Matt did a good job staying cool...for most of the time anyway :).

2 minutes ago, Coretex said:

I saw this on Twitter and managed to listen to it for maybe half an hour. The way they keep shouting at him and over each other makes it not very enjoyable. Matt did a good job staying cool...for most of the time anyway :).

Yeah, I saw it on twitter also. However, I did enjoy listening although I agree their rudeness was a distraction. However, I found it facinating to gain an insight into their mind process and to be able to put voices/personaliies to them. I think this is why Matt posted it in the first place.

I'm only about 15 minutes in.  But this whole "centralization" question (even though it isn't centralized) is irrelevant.  I take Susie's viewpoint on this: who gives a **** if it is centralized or not, it works.

These people should immediately stop using centralized things such as fiat currency, city electricity, city water, etc etc.

The government can just as well shut down Bitcoin on all exchanges and prosecute any lawbreakers that they identify.  It is a pipe dream to assume that "the people" will carry on.  So for all practical means, it really doesn't matter.

Edited by mrhat75

Cool, thanks for sharing. Is there a way to repeat this exercise? I'd be interested in joining in.

I imagine if I could convince a Bitcoin bro I should definitely be able to convince my inlaws--would be really good practice. 

Edited by Wandering_Dog

44 minutes ago, Wandering_Dog said:

Cool, thanks for sharing. Is there a way to repeat this exercise? I'd be interested in joining in.

I imagine if I could convince a Bitcoin bro I should definitely be able to convince my inlaws--would be really good practice. 

I think the accent helps... If I sounded like a solid uni prof my ability to convince others would dramatically improve

58 minutes ago, mrhat75 said:

I'm only about 15 minutes in.  But this whole "centralization" question (even though it isn't centralized) is irrelevant.  I take Susie's viewpoint on this: who gives a **** if it is centralized or not, it works.

These people should immediately stop using centralized things such as fiat currency, city electricity, city water, etc etc.

Start by closing all their bank accounts.

That was a bit disturbing. I can’t believe the bitcoin supporters were so unwilling to at least keep an open mind. Every time Hammertoe tried explaining consensus....I guess because what he was saying wasn’t something they wanted to hear they just chose to ignore it. Super frustrating. 

I mean....I understand why you would be a supporter of bitcoin in the early days.  It definitely was the start of the revolution. But to ignore all the ways in which xrp improved on bitcoin is like burying your head in the sand. 

I can’t wait for the day xrp usage goes live and all their arguments about market cap and conflating the value of xrp with ripple goes up in smoke. I will laugh so hard. These guys are in for one sad wake up call. 

9 minutes ago, Gangus said:

IMHO this did not go well. These guys were much more knowledgable on how Blockchain tech works. Someone else should have handled these guys. I definetley would not have posted this recording. Am I missing something?

Struck me as much more a "battle of wills" than a "battle of wits", they didn't seem particularly interested in actually building an argument. Devolution into sound bites and emotions, and it doesn't matter how solid your logic is, you always get pulled that way in a will-based confrontation, it's just how it goes. Ironically, a well-prepped toddler may perhaps be the best solution, as they are the masters! 

I'm not sure who was more 'correct' here and don't care.  It could be that Matt got his butt kicked technically, I'm not sure and it isn't of interest to me.  The stupid electricity point and shouting kind of shows who was winning though..........All I care about is practicality in the real world, not some neck beard's pipe dream.  

Edited by mrhat75

I watched the introduction, jumped a few minutes forward and listened for 3 minutes before closing my browser. Couldn't handle it ?

I bet @hammertoe did a great job tho!

@mrhat75 Yep. One thing that these BTC loyalists also seem to forget is BTC is not a currency. It is property according to the IRS which makes using it on a daily basis like they were saying is pointless and freaking expensive. I guess they don't plan on paying there taxes which means they will be in jail sooner or later anyways. Good riddens !!!!!!

Edited by Gangus