Say today is 30th June 2023 and the price of ripple is only at $1. What would you do?

1 minute ago, Tayto said:

It would be a nightmare if you were to cash out all and then the price rose unexpectedly

Actually if it hit $10 and I did end up selling 90% of holdings. I would not be worried at all. 

Think of this way, if you know you need $2m to have enough money living completely stress free and confidently happy till you die.

What difference does it make if you have $200m or $2m? 

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

agreed. right now everyone is in a holding pattern, bleeding red. this bear market has lasted longer than many expected but the fact that people are talking about selling or moving to other asset

There is nothing wrong to have a back up plan. So here is one for you guys. Totally Hypothesis question: Say today is 30th June 2023 and the price of ripple is only at $1. What would yo

If the price is $1 in 2020 I doubt I'll continue hodl'ing, much less 2023.  its hard to say with certainty but I just don't see it likely.  by 2023 this industry will be eons beyond where it is n

6 minutes ago, ripplewaytogo said:

But even at the $1 price by the end of next year you would still made at least 20% yearly returns compared to the current price. You would still looking to sell?

Yes - if XRP price would stay around $1 despite xRapid adoption by dozens (BG) I would become very skeptical. If not xRapid adoption by major institutions what would drive up the price? In any case, this is a worst case scenario I don’t expect to happen, so there’s not really a point to discuss it further,

To answer your question directly If banks and remittence companies are using Xrapid happily and successfully AND a few great projects are launched via Xpring AND Coil gets off the ground and makes headway in the micropayments space And after if we are still around $1 in 2021-2023 I'll sell and move on.  My gut says that we are either going to be at .0005 or $125 by 2023.  And call me crazy but with all thats happened I think we are EQUALLY likely to be at $125 or higher in 5 years.  I'm not naive either, I understand what roadblocks will be put up when trillions of dollars are at stake and a big shift in power occurs.  I still think we are going to pull off the internet of value.  I actually have a small friendly bet with my dad that by the end of 2018 Chris Larsen is going to be the riches person in the world.  The last I checked XRP needed to be about $8 for that to happen.  

If XRP is only $1 five years out then the vision has gone off the rails or crypto in general has failed to garner much adoption.  For me, I need to see it above $1 long before that to stay on this train. Fortunately, I'm confident we're on track to see much better price performance within the next few years.

59 minutes ago, ripplewaytogo said:

Not afraid of the abuse as I doubt there are many who says it will go to 3 digits are seriously thinking it will. Most likely people who bought 1000 units and hoping for a windfall come 5 years time. 

For serious investors like myself I set realistic price rather than phantom price. 

If it’s at $1 at year end at 2020. I will sell half of my holdings and leave the rest till I retire. 

Since you consider yourself a serious (arguable / subjective / relative) investor, I am all ears to learn what is a realistic price point for you.

10 minutes ago, Insoniac said:

Since you consider yourself a serious (arguable / subjective / relative) investor, I am all ears to learn what is a realistic price point for you.

Honestly I think anything under $50 is possible but I won’t wait that long. My target has always been cash out entire 90% of my holding at $10 and keep the rest. 

23 minutes ago, ripplewaytogo said:

Honestly I think anything under $50 is possible but I won’t wait that long. My target has always been cash out entire 90% of my holding at $10 and keep the rest. 

This is all fair. But your question is arbitrary, and lacks context.

Example, judging by the current state of things, we just may be repeating 2014 all over right now.

If that is true, we may be in downwards / sideways trend by H2 2019. If history repeats, a recovery should start then.

2015 recovery was slow and painful, bringing btc to x2 since it's previous low at 2015 EOY.

In context, if history repeats, this means we can look forward to the $1 - $1.5 range per xrp EOY 2019 / SOY 2020.

If you dump there, you risk missing 2016, and more importantly, 2017 boom.

Disclaimer, $1 would keep me in 6 figures, and my DCA is $0.085 so certainly I could walk away happy. But not sure I would want to.

Too much history to consider.

5 minutes ago, Insoniac said:

This is all fair. But your question is arbitrary, and lacks context.

Example, judging by the current state of things, we just may be repeating 2014 all over right now.

If that is true, we may be in downwards / sideways trend by H2 2019. If history repeats, a recovery should start then.

2015 recovery was slow and painful, bringing btc to x2 since it's previous low at 2015 EOY.

In context, if history repeats, this means we can look forward to the $1 - $1.5 range per xrp EOY 2019 / SOY 2020.

If you dump there, you risk missing 2016, and more importantly, 2017 boom.

Disclaimer, $1 would keep me in 6 figures, and my DCA is $0.085 so certainly I could walk away happy. But not sure I would want to.

Too much history to consider.

People say the GFC never would happen. It happened. The titanic never would sink, it did.

I am only asking as it seems many investors here only see the up side but didn’t judge the downside. Do remember we are in a highly unregulated market.

its not a bad thing to at least go over the impossible, however it’s unlikely.

14 minutes ago, ripplewaytogo said:

People say the GFC never would happen. It happened. The titanic never would sink, it did.

I am only asking as it seems many investors here only see the up side but didn’t judge the downside. Do remember we are in a highly unregulated market.

its not a bad thing to at least go over the impossible, however it’s unlikely.

I never said this was a one way street. But looking at cycles since 2009, and market development, even if outlook for 2018 and 2019 is grim, liquidators may be missing out.

Edited by Insoniac
23 minutes ago, xrp_moonjet said:

It depends on the progress..

Say XRP's utility hasn't been increasing, they you should have noticed that way early.. you don't have to wait for 5 years to know that..

I have to agree that we will need to keep an eye on uptake - after all, one of the reasons we favor XRP is because of the "use case". 

I will definitely re-evaluate in two years, but we need to remember that this is a wide-reaching transformation, and will not happen overnight...

2 hours ago, MegaNerd said:

hold. not in desperation though. i invested knowing i wouldnt sell until / if i make big dollars. 

besides, the second you sell at $1.. Ripple will release news the next day and the price will skyrocket to $12,000

agreed.

right now everyone is in a holding pattern, bleeding red. this bear market has lasted longer than many expected but the fact that people are talking about selling or moving to other assets makes my spider senses tingle. It makes me think I should be buying more. 

While I was able to pick up some yesterday a shade above $0.55, I'd have grabbed more if the bulk of my latest fiat injection wasn't sitting on day 10 of waiting to clear. If only there was some sort of asset platform which had the capability of reducing days or weeks of payment clearance down to seconds or minutes.