• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Do you have one of those friends that always yells at the television when a professional sports match is on?  Maybe they think they could do better, judging from the sidelines.  But what your friend m

Personally, I couldn't agree more;  hopefully my opinion is very apparent from my blog itself.  I try to stop short of talking about returns, but I truly believe that XRP is the best among crypto inve

No worries - good discussion on the securities fear.  My take is that people almost automatically forget that case law is given in what the SEC does.  Their entire enforcement action is based off

17 minutes ago, Hodor said:

Or perhaps we’re just more comfortable with the ‘wild ups’ and not the ‘wild downs’.

Truer words have never been spoken. Excellent post, yet again, Hodor. Thanks for the insights and accompanying leisure.

Edited by Shashzilla

Tnx @Hodor for the accurate summary, great read.  I hope the SWIFT boys and girls understand they now have real competition. ?

Quote"

In another related question, Brad Garlinghouse emphasized that XRP solves a problem, and saves enormous sums of money for the organizations that use it for sourcing liquidity:

“…what we have found is that XRapid is saving them between 40 and 70 percent compared to their existing tools from managing and spreading liquidity around.

And this gets at the heart of the matter; it’s something that David Schwartz has also stated matter-of-factly: If XRP saves banks and other businesses money, then they will use it. If it speeds up processing and advances customer responsiveness, then they will use it. If it provides a competitive advantage against other organizations, they will use it. In short, they will use it because it does exactly what it claims to do.

"Unquote

10 minutes ago, cryptoxrp said:

I hope the SWIFT boys and girls understand they now have real competition.

Couldn't agree more.

Ripple's messaging solution (xCurrent) is basically taking over - they have hundred(s)? of banks now signed up. 

Next step: once regulation and case law catches up, we will see some of that correspondence banking liquidity sourcing.  Before we even get there, though, I'd like to see the major remittance processors beat the banks to the finish line and use xRapid in high-traffic production flows. 

Another great Blog Hodor, thanks.

xRapid Ready for Prodution

It will be fascinating to watch how quickly SBI Virtual Currency’s influence grows in the market from July forward.

If history and science are sufficient guides, then we can expect to see material investment amounts set aside for XRP in the near future, and we can expect to see XRP rise in the crypto rankings until it is the undisputed choice among investors.

As our volume scenarios have shown, even a small share of the international payment market will be enough to affect demand; XRP will get there. The only question is for you as an investor; do you have what it takes to make a move and stick with it through volatility?

I've swapped the order of excerpts 1 & 2 (as they appear in your Blog) as I like/prefer the flow the logic provides.

Can I add a final sentence to your conclusion: As our volume scenarios have shown, even a small share of the international payment market will be enough to affect demand; XRP will get there. The only question is for you as an investor; do you have what it takes to make a move and stick with it through volatility? If you do, I believe the colour of your money will be (in the) Green - and some!

2 minutes ago, WhentheBoat_ComesIn said:

If you do, I believe the colour of your money will be (in the) Green - and some!

Personally, I couldn't agree more;  hopefully my opinion is very apparent from my blog itself.  I try to stop short of talking about returns, but I truly believe that XRP is the best among crypto investments. 

I think, philosophically though, each investor may be comfortable with differing time frames.  What we've seen so far in the market - massive volatility - has to do with those different time frames for an investment.  If a day trader is only comfortable with a position for a few hours at a time, sure, they may see some movement with XRP, but probably not as much volatility as another alt coin.  For my part, I'm a long-term investor who is comfortable with the volatility that will lead to those green numbers. 

2 minutes ago, Hodor said:

Couldn't agree more.

Ripple's messaging solution (xCurrent) is basically taking over - they have hundred(s)? of banks now signed up. 

Next step: once regulation and case law catches up, we will see some of that correspondence banking liquidity sourcing.  Before we even get there, though, I'd like to see the major remittance processors beat the banks to the finish line and use xRapid in high-traffic production flows. 

Good point. If that scenario becomes a reality it will be an additional incentive for the banks to follow suit. They will have no other choice as they stand to loose customers and a significant portion of their remittance business.

I hope the SEC rules wisely over the XRP token... Personally I beleive the XRP token to be just a 'carrier of value' (wagon with a value package). The XRP Ledger is imho the 'asset railway' where all sorts of 'asset wagons' may reside. In an earlier post I compared the XRP token with the old American Express postoffice cheque with the postoffices as the exchanges. "Owning the cheques would not make you an American Express shareholder"?. The cheques carried a pre determined value because you had to buy them as a product. However the value fluctuated depending on the value of the dollar which could result in a lower/higher value of a European currency when exchanged at the postoffice. With the postoffices sourcing liquidity.

XRP is just a lightning fast, scalable and secure digital version of the old American Express cheque and should therfore be classed as a financial product/derivative/commodity. The more I think about the comparison the more I like it.?

Any additional comments are welcome.

1 minute ago, Hodor said:

Personally, I couldn't agree more;  hopefully my opinion is very apparent from my blog itself.  I try to stop short of talking about returns, but I truly believe that XRP is the best among crypto investments. 

I think, philosophically though, each investor may be comfortable with differing time frames.  What we've seen so far in the market - massive volatility - has to do with those different time frames for an investment.  If a day trader is only comfortable with a position for a few hours at a time, sure, they may see some movement with XRP, but probably not as much volatility as another alt coin.  For my part, I'm a long-term investor who is comfortable with the volatility that will lead to those green numbers. 

Couldn't agree more. I added that as a support for those who may be in the red now and be a liitle anxious (as well as explicitly referencing your Blog title).

Personally, I too am a long term-investor and was referencing exactly that; I once commented on your 2017 Blog "Journey to Number one" with a reference to the Battle of EL Alamein and a quote from a speech given by Winston Churchill about the significance of the outcome. It was a confirmation and belief/certainty that this goal would be achieved. After all the progression made by Ripple since then (specifically, laying down the foundations for XRP/xRapid adoption) I think another comparison is in order:

'Everything is proceeding according to plan. And what a plan!' How Churchill told MPs of the most ambitious operation ever launched as the D-Day landings were still underway. :JC_doubleup: