When does everyone admit they were right?

1 hour ago, AlexJohanson said:

It’s a tad strange that someone with zero knowledge like @Chewiecoin had this huge following. This guy is the biggest  imbecile ever In this space! 

As long as there are moonboys like @EcneitapLatnem there will always be followers.

Edited by Staigera
  • Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

For me, it was when I first started researching crypto and Bitcoin in mid-2017. I read a lot about bitcoin but couldn't work out what it did and why it was so valuable? It takes too long to move and i

It’s easy isn’t it? You either believe XRP is going to moon (whatever that means to you) or you don’t. I absolutely believe it will. Our mate who keeps hijacking threads doesn’t. 2017 w

My only regret, and it's one I had little control over, is that I didn't learn about all this a lot sooner. Having dealt with international transfers for years, the moment I learned about Ripple and X

Posted Images

On 3/14/2020 at 5:37 PM, AlexJohanson said:

It’s a tad strange that someone with zero knowledge like @Chewiecoin had this huge following. This guy is the biggest  imbecile ever In this space! 

Normally I just scroll past ignorant posts like this and have a little giggle, but there is so much BS going on in these sort of threads that sometimes I can’t help but want to correct these false assumptions.  

Now, I don’t know @Chewiecoin in real life, and there is a very small chance he actually is an imbecile, but judging from the the interactions I have had with him (and witnessed him having with others here), he is far from it.  Yes he has been wrong about XRP price performance etc, but to be fair, so have probably 95% of people here.   Does that make someone an imbecile?  Does that mean he has Zero knowledge?   

You mentioned he has a huge following....... yes he has a Gold badge to his name here in XRP Chat world but that doesn’t mean he has a huge following, or that he uses it to lure unsuspecting newbies into his cult!!  Heck, even I have a Silver badge (which is definitely not a reflection of my immense wisdom). It doesn’t mean I have a huge following either. 

Both Chewie and I (and many others)  have achieved these mainly because we are members of the Zerpening, and since we are both either hilarious, brilliant, or just plain wordy, and like to chat with other people from around the world, we get a lot of reactions to the stuff we post in that fun, safe part of the forum.   It’s not done  to “like bait” as I have heard mentioned before.   Its not a circle j..k either.  It’s just a place to shoot the breeze, post amusing gifs, and for the last few years, commiserate with other people that suck at investing, and therefore have bought XRP.  After 2 years of bear market and a lot of crap posting, the likes etc tend to build up.

So basically, to sum up, you have no idea what you are talking about so please shut the f**k up......

I personally don't think anyone who believed all the hype, especially the one world currency, or that the IMF would use XRP as the reserve or the Fed would use XRP in place of USD are very bright people. Or anyone that kept saying it was going to the moon every 2 weeks. They are pretty dense. 

I don't know if Chewiecoin was one of them because I don't follow his posts, but I have seen a few people around here like that. There are less of them than 2 years ago, and that is a good thing.

Edited by Archbob
8 minutes ago, Zerpinazerp said:

Chewie is just good at giving hope to gullible gamblers, people kept coming back for that dream of being rich. A lot of people who predicted the downturn of xrp and the manipulated ATH all got kicked out of here which is quite sad when people like chewie is still around

LOL.   Really??  
Glad to see a brand newly minted user can come here and make a comment about their knowledge of someone’s character who hasn’t posted here in a while.    How do you know what Chewie posting style was?
Why the new user badge??  If you know Chewie’s character so well, why not use your real name?

Maybe think about what you are going to say,  and whether or not it is incriminating, before you mint a new user name....

3 hours ago, Archbob said:

I personally don't think anyone who believed all the hype, especially the one world currency, or that the IMF would use XRP as the reserve or the Fed would use XRP in place of USD are very bright people. Or anyone that kept saying it was going to the moon every 2 weeks. They are pretty dense. 

I don't know if Chewiecoin was one of them because I don't follow his posts, but I have seen a few people around here like that. There are less of them than 2 years ago, and that is a good thing.

Yes it's much better now. Kids like @AlexJohanson, @Zerpinazerp and @Staigera took over the playground. They appear to be raised very well, don't they. 

Anyway, set your buy orders at 0.00589. Before the virus ends the world, of course.

6 hours ago, Benchmark said:

Yes it's much better now. Kids like @AlexJohanson, @Zerpinazerp and @Staigera took over the playground. They appear to be raised very well, don't they. 

Anyway, set your buy orders at 0.00589. Before the virus ends the world, of course.

It is quite a bit better. More reaistic conversations about trading and whats going on with the market, rather than some mystical fantasy world where XRP is some insane price that doesn't reflect reality at all.

So @Zerpinazerp I see you have deleted your post but not answered my questions.  This is why I spoke up.  You guys that just come here, mint new identities and proceed to just troll the forum need to be the ones that are kicked out of here.   And to clarify another point in your post which thankfully I quoted so it is still here for everyone to see - I am absolutely positive that if someone had posted about the price downturn, or the manipulation of anything in this space and found themselves kicked out, it was not because of their opinion.  It would have been because they added abuse to their words and tone or were obviously trolling and refused to stop.   Nobody gets kicked out because of opinion.  

Edited by Gilligan
added trolling
14 hours ago, Archbob said:

My point was more about making vile comments about someones character based on an assumption.  Chewie hasn't been active for a while and without actually going through his post history I can't make an absolute comment on it, but I know he was always confident of the long term success of Ripple and a higher XRP price.   To be fair you mention there are less moon enthusiasts than 2 years ago - 2 years ago was just after an incredible bull run.  After seeing what the price did over a short time, I don't blame people for thinking moon was possible back then and thinking there is a fair chance we will bounce back to a more positive price at some point after this crisis. 

25 minutes ago, Gilligan said:

So @Zerpinazerp I see you have deleted your post but not answered my questions. 

You mean this question? 

14 hours ago, Gilligan said:

How do you know what Chewie posting style was?

Well for starters, anyone who visits one of his top 10 hopium threads pretty much get's the idea how his posting style was. 

Take a look at the picture below.

chewieBS.thumb.png.79a519438a37083e9d3dde16cca51233.png

I am not going to name them. They know who they are. You know who they are. They pop up with the most ridiculous comments like “XRP will fall to 30c, you all need to sell ”or “get out now before XRP collapses”.''

*Checks Price*

Seems the trolls were right after all. 

Bye Gilligan!

And for the record, it's because those people were labeled as fudsters that's the hate against chewie not that he had hopium thoughts but he and another handfull off zerping members were bashing people who had realistic price views and expectations for xrp. 

But there is litterly no need to bring out old comments etc etc. We all want money so let's see what the future brings, just respect the opinions of others bevore you ask for respect that's what many didn't do.

Edited by Staigera

Okay @Staigera, you got me, Chewie was overly optimistic at that point in time, which was what - 3 weeks after a bull run?.  His posts are his opinion and I respect his right to them the same way I respect your right to state yours without be labeled an imbecile. 

If it’s ok to take a view of him because of this and other similar posts then I reserve my right to view the things you say at times as being not right and sometimes uncalled for also. 
I notice you haven taken a microscope to my words and attempted to use them against me here.  I think it was pretty clear I was asking how he knew the posting style of Chewie because the member in question had only just registered on this forum and made that comment as if he was an authority on posters here. I will post the proof down below.   In my opinion, that is very shady behaviour and I called him out for it and the response was to delete it.  Yet you make no comment about that.   
I have said my piece, and I could say more but I fear it is a waste of time so yeah “Bye Staigera”   I don’t feel the need to interact with you any further.  

DF3E3162-0F4A-4F29-98B9-3F126C9244D8.png

4 hours ago, Staigera said:

You mean this question? 

Well for starters, anyone who visits one of his top 10 hopium threads pretty much get's the idea how his posting style was. 

Take a look at the picture below.

chewieBS.thumb.png.79a519438a37083e9d3dde16cca51233.png

I am not going to name them. They know who they are. You know who they are. They pop up with the most ridiculous comments like “XRP will fall to 30c, you all need to sell ”or “get out now before XRP collapses”.''

*Checks Price*

Seems the trolls were right after all. 

Bye Gilligan!

And for the record, it's because those people were labeled as fudsters that's the hate against chewie not that he had hopium thoughts but he and another handfull off zerping members were bashing people who had realistic price views and expectations for xrp. 

But there is litterly no need to bring out old comments etc etc. We all want money so let's see what the future brings, just respect the opinions of others bevore you ask for respect that's what many didn't do.

^^ This X 1000,000