When does everyone admit they were right?

6 minutes ago, Orby said:

Thank you.

But as the article itself points out, most are for running with the hype. Like putting .com behind your company name during the Internet bubble. Accepting donations in BTC (Wikipedia) is also a whole other world but works. Being able to pay with it is one thing. But I would like to see who actually uses it to buy things, how much do companies actually receive in BTC? Are there any figures known?

Can't remember the exact interview. But the question was 'Who ever used BTC to pay for something. And who did it a second time'. It illustrated that yes, it can be used. But is it a viable method waiting for more dozens of minutes, or when actually used and having a clogged up network, waiting days. It is not for nothing that the BTC fans went from 'It's the new money of the world' to 'It's excellent as a store of value/digital gold to keep in a safe'.

There are examples where people around the world use BTC (and other cryptos) to pay their freelancers that work all over the globe. I think for those kind of things it works.

The point is, current FIAT payment systems (credit/debit cards, IDeal in Europe) are working just fine to buy things online. Crypto is currently just used to buy, hodl and hope the next person pays more for it then you did.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

For me, it was when I first started researching crypto and Bitcoin in mid-2017. I read a lot about bitcoin but couldn't work out what it did and why it was so valuable? It takes too long to move and i

It’s easy isn’t it? You either believe XRP is going to moon (whatever that means to you) or you don’t. I absolutely believe it will. Our mate who keeps hijacking threads doesn’t. 2017 w

My only regret, and it's one I had little control over, is that I didn't learn about all this a lot sooner. Having dealt with international transfers for years, the moment I learned about Ripple and X

Posted Images

3 hours ago, Caracappa said:

Thank you.

But as the article itself points out, most are for running with the hype. Like putting .com behind your company name during the Internet bubble. Accepting donations in BTC (Wikipedia) is also a whole other world but works. Being able to pay with it is one thing. But I would like to see who actually uses it to buy things, how much do companies actually receive in BTC? Are there any figures known?

Can't remember the exact interview. But the question was 'Who ever used BTC to pay for something. And who did it a second time'. It illustrated that yes, it can be used. But is it a viable method waiting for more dozens of minutes, or when actually used and having a clogged up network, waiting days. It is not for nothing that the BTC fans went from 'It's the new money of the world' to 'It's excellent as a store of value/digital gold to keep in a safe'.

There are examples where people around the world use BTC (and other cryptos) to pay their freelancers that work all over the globe. I think for those kind of things it works.

The point is, current FIAT payment systems (credit/debit cards, IDeal in Europe) are working just fine to buy things online. Crypto is currently just used to buy, hodl and hope the next person pays more for it then you did.

The thing about using Crypto to pay for things is that 99% of the time, you are paying in Bitcoin, and the person is receiving Fiat. When you pay them, the interface sells the Bitcoin and gives the receiver fiat. So "using Bitcoin" is a loose term.

On another note, people complain about fiat not being instant when paying for things but, in terms of user experience, it is very much instant. When I swipe my card all over the world, I can log onto my phone app and see the transaction and correct dollar amount almost isntantly even if the cash is not settled on the banks end. So there is no incentive for me to pay any other way at the moment.

The reason above is why Ripple is smart in targeting banks for settlement instead of targeting people that think they need to replace fiat currency.

Edited by AlejoMoreno
2 hours ago, AlejoMoreno said:

The thing about using Crypto to pay for things is that 99% of the time, you are paying in Bitcoin, and the person is receiving Fiat. When you pay them, the interface sells the Bitcoin and gives the receiver fiat. So "using Bitcoin" is a loose term.

On another note, people complain about fiat not being instant when paying for things but, in terms of user experience, it is very much instant. When I swipe my card all over the world, I can log onto my phone app and see the transaction and correct dollar amount almost isntantly even if the cash is not settled on the banks end. So there is no incentive for me to pay any other way at the moment.

The reason above is why Ripple is smart in targeting banks for settlement instead of targeting people that think they need to replace fiat currency.

Good points, cheers

On 2/25/2020 at 12:18 AM, Chewiecoin said:

Over the last 2 years not much in the whole of crypto has . . . 

And btw I started this thread in direct competition with a FUD article that was entitled “When does everyone admit they were wrong”. 

Good times 

Good times? 
I read some of your earlier posts spreading ad nauseam about wealth and high xrp profits. You should be banned from this forum for all nonsense posts you have made in the past. Shame on you!!

14 minutes ago, AlexJohanson said:

Good times? 
I read some of your earlier posts spreading ad nauseam about wealth and high xrp profits. You should be banned from this forum for all nonsense posts you have made in the past. Shame on you!!

@Chewiecoin please excuse this noob. He clearly has not spent much time working through the content on this forum and has no idea what he is saying and will therefore not realize that he speaks from very immature, inadequate, uninformed point of view. He does not even realize what he is saying.

do not know schitts creek GIF by CBC

#noclue

12 hours ago, RipplingAlong said:

@Chewiecoin please excuse this noob. He clearly has not spent much time working through the content on this forum and has no idea what he is saying and will therefore not realize that he speaks from very immature, inadequate, uninformed point of view. He does not even realize what he is saying.

do not know schitts creek GIF by CBC

#noclue

Did he offend your messiah?   

1 hour ago, RipplingAlong said:

Messiah? Dude you are even worse than I thought. Go read the content of both users and decide for yourself. Don't make idiotic comments. You're making yourself look worse than you already do. 

I don't need to. I have read enough off his hopium threads since 18.

You on the other hand defending him like some cultist says enough. And for the record i don't need the approval of some random dude on the internet.

ChewieCoin still believes major banks will use XRP in 2018 because it came from a jackass' mouth.

On 6/5/2018 at 10:14 PM, Chewiecoin said:

I can’t believe there are posters in this thread trying to downplay this interview. Trying to say that BG’s comment was vague. Arguing a “may” vs “will” use it. Come on!!

This was a prominent person in crypto, the CEO of Ripple, a significant player in this space stating categorically that xRapid will  be used by major banks by the end of this year. No pilots, no beta, but real usage. 

He then says that he expect “dozens” more to be on board by the end of next year. 

You cant downplay that. This is amazing news and what we have all be waiting for. Not only is xRapid working, it has proved to save money and Ripple’s CEO is confirming it will be being used. 

And no this is not just some biased comment from someone with a conflict of interest. This is the CEO of a major tech company. If what he was saying was false his reputation would be in tatters.

Dozens of major banks will be using xRapid by the end of next year with some using it this year. Believe it. It came direct from the horses mouth. 

Celebrate it. 

Edited by fatlever

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.