When does everyone admit they were right?

5 minutes ago, Madbull said:

I don’t get your point. You can go everywhere with a bag full of money and open an account. Hong Kong like Singapore and every state of the world (except a few) have signed the aeoi. So what do you mean?! 

A bag of money could mean several millions coming from drugs. And you wouldn't expect to pay taxes onto those. 

Countries don't mean much. I would just say well, look at the HSBC prefered countries in terms of business, you might find a correlation. ;)

1 hour ago, Madbull said:

I don’t get your point. You can go everywhere with a bag full of money and open an account. Hong Kong like Singapore and every state of the world (except a few) have signed the aeoi. So what do you mean?! 

This should help quite a lot. (Sorry for hijacking the thread guys, I won't post more about HSBC) 

• 1 year later...
On 6/11/2018 at 6:57 AM, Chewiecoin said:

For me, it was when I first started researching crypto and Bitcoin in mid-2017. I read a lot about bitcoin but couldn't work out what it did and why it was so valuable? It takes too long to move and is very expensive so I couldn't see the payment system it had promised and a "store of value, like digital gold" ok, maybe.

Then I saw Ripple (it wasn't referred to as XRP back then) and it was 20c so I thought "what is this about"? I can remember reading my first few articles and reviewing the Ripple website and I was hooked. Thousands of transactions per second on the ILP, settlement in seconds at virtually no cost. The current SWIFT system, 40-year-old tech which takes days to settle.  $5 Trillion in cross-border payments per day. The ability with XRP to remove $27 trillion in dormant capital. WOW, can this be real?

Then I read about xCurrent, and the ongoing development of xRapid and xVia. 100 banks at the time partnering with Ripple and trialling the technology.

I am ready to invest. It takes me a few days to work out and another week or so to get verified on an exchange and then the Amex news drops and the price starts jumping. "Damn it, I missed it" I thought as the price started climbing. I got online there and then and invested in XRP. My first buy at 25c

I have bought on the way up and on the way down. I bought again only last week. I will continue to buy more at these great prices and why wouldn't I? 

We are in such a better position now than when I first started researching nearly a year ago. Hundreds of xCurrent and xVia partners, xRapid being trialled by very well know FI's and about to go live. Ripple, through xPring, funding over 100 startups with projects that will use XRP. Codius and Coil.

So when do I admit I made the right decision?  . . . . Immediately after I first invested and every day since.

@Chewiecoin "So when do I admit I made the right decision  . . . . Immediately after I first invested and every day since"

Do you feel we will hit $100 in the upcoming predicted bullrun ?

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/9/2020 at 10:20 PM, XRP_to_20dollars said:

Bull or Bear, this is lame. 

He is one of the few who has not shied away from saying he was wrong in his prediction. What more do you want him to do?

It’s all good. My predictions were off but so were many others. I still stand by my $100  long term prediction. It just seems to be taking a lot longer. Am I way off and XRP never gets above $3.40 again? Absolutely I could be!! I am not an insider or god forbid a riddler. I’m just a guy that has done thousands of hours of research and still firmly believes in the success of XRP. If the trolls or maxxis want to attack me for my beliefs go ahead. But I won’t shy away from them!!

On 2/9/2020 at 8:52 PM, Viggo said:

@Chewiecoin "So when do I admit I made the right decision  . . . . Immediately after I first invested and every day since"

Do you feel we will hit $100 in the upcoming predicted bullrun ?

Despite your attempts to say otherwise nope I have nothing to apologise for or admit. I still have made the right decision in investing in XRP some piece of news comes long that confirms otherwise or we go to zero. Neither of those things have occurred and in fact the news of XRP’s potential success has just gotten stronger and stronger. Look at ODL volume. That’s real utility. I haven’t sold any of my XRP and don’t intend to as I firmly believe higher prices are coming. When? Who knows? Your guess is as good as mine. 

I'm a hodler of xrp and have been for a long time but this reoccurring view that btc is useless as a fast way to pay for things is just wrong..in my humble opinion..there are countless examples of btc being used over the counter to pay for items...this annoys me but no point ignoring uncomfortable facts 

1 hour ago, Orby said:

I'm a hodler of xrp and have been for a long time but this reoccurring view that btc is useless as a fast way to pay for things is just wrong..in my humble opinion..there are countless examples of btc being used over the counter to pay for items...this annoys me but no point ignoring uncomfortable facts 

It is only fast and cheap when transaction demand is super low, at scale it is slow and expensive.

2 hours ago, Orby said:

Did you experience the clog in 2017? BTC transaction took more then 24hrs and cost $50+ for weeks.

Works fine right now, but not when people actually start using it.

You mention 'uncomfortable facts'. What examples of BTC used over the counter? Sources fuel discussion.

I remember they stopped accepting BTC payments at a BTC convention because they took too long.

https://www.businessinsider.nl/bitcoin-conference-stops-accepting-bitcoin-network-fees-congestion-2018-1?international=true&r=US

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cnbc.com/amp/2018/01/10/bitcoin-conference-stops-accepting-cryptocurrency-payments.html

Edited by Caracappa

1 hour ago, Caracappa said:

I remember they stopped accepting BTC payments at a BTC convention because they took too long.

Yeah the crypto space is a irony gift that keeps on giving.  :) 

On 2/25/2020 at 6:44 PM, Caracappa said:

Did you experience the clog in 2017? BTC transaction took more then 24hrs and cost $50+ for weeks.

Works fine right now, but not when people actually start using it.

You mention 'uncomfortable facts'. What examples of BTC used over the counter? Sources fuel discussion.

https://www.businessinsider.nl/bitcoin-conference-stops-accepting-bitcoin-network-fees-congestion-2018-1?international=true&r=US

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cnbc.com/amp/2018/01/10/bitcoin-conference-stops-accepting-cryptocurrency-payments.html

https://99bitcoins.com/bitcoin/who-accepts/