SuperTronk

When does everyone admit they were wrong?

I posted this in the Zerpening the other day, but I think it's needed here as well...

Look, we have FOUR options...

Option 1 - we all know that either June 31st, or September 31st will start the biggest bull run ever.  We just need to HODL until either those specific dates or... well, I hate to give the second option...

Option 2 - we choose the smartest, bravest, and strongest among us here for the challenge of death... something about flying monkeys, lots of fire, lightning, battling a family of Griffins, and sacrificing virgins to a a volcano only to have to battle legions of zombies and dragons, carrying the head of the evil witch back with you... all of this done blindfolded... with no shoes on... up hill both ways... and only a broken wooden toothpick to defend yourself.  Very dangerous.  I nominate @LilBender. Be brave.

Option 3 - trust the fundamentals and the positive news and put on your big girl panties and realize that we will all get rich but just need to realize that 3 to 5 years while boring isnt THAT hard.... There's more you need to do after the big girl panties part... not sure you're up for it though.

Option 4 - admit defeat, realize you did NOT invest more than you could afford to lose... and since you were ok losing it send me all of the info for your nanos so I can remove the stress and pain and suffering from your life.  I would do that for you because thats what good friends are for. ???

5 hours ago, txferrari said:

We've been hearing that with every new partner Ripple signs up.  Look, I hold XRP, but for us all to sit here and think it's the next coming of Jesus Christ, we are all lying to ourselves.  It's just another token out of the thousands alt coins that are on the market.  Unfortunately.   As I've said, XRP in of itself to me has the sexiest usage out of any alt coin, yet it's price is complete garbage and as long as there are 100 billion trillion tokens floating around, it's gonna be like this.  I've been with Ripple since Nov of 17 and it seems the amount of tokens readily available has actually risen, not decreased so.  Where is all this usage we keep hearing about?  But anyhow, let me go beat my wife real quick.

I can't believe that someone who bought XRP in November would be unhappy with its performance thus far. You had to have bought at 20-25 cents or so.  How could you be unhappy more than DOUBLING your money??? Unless you're not being truthful and bought in mid-December or later. ??

I bought between 15-20cents last summer.  I'm ECSTATIC that I've made 300% in a year on a relatively large investment.  Even my projections from last year only have XRP in the 30-35cent range, as I realized that this would be a long term process.  I would still be happy at 30 cents right now. 

To answer the original question, when will I admit that I was wrong by investing in XRP?  I don't need to admit I was wrong, except to say that I've made more at this point than  I REALISTICALLY  expected to.

Edited by spiras

3 hours ago, Mods_are_tyrants said:

You have to study bubbles a bit the last 4 all tended to pop around 10 years after the "start"..... crypto or the "start" bitcoin is eerily in that realm. The parabolic chart, the media, the mania, the huge money made, and then the pop. After bubbles pop or "leak massively lol" history shows it takes 10-15 years to get back to where they  were previously. Crypto being digital you could argue may not, but that can be countered that many believe the market is still grossly overvalued even now and hasn't fully popped.

What has changed? Interest! it is as simple as that no pump tactic, no exchange opening, no Winklevoss, Novagratz the slew of hedge funds opening and closing, nothing has brought the investors back to crypto which are   all signs of a bubble popping. 

On the flip side many feel there is more manipulation now than at anytime in the crypto market as there are not even outliers anymore. In times past you could see a run of LTC, ETH, BTC a true run...…...nowadays it one solidified wave up and down in unison scripted, meditated, with little buying interest one way or the other just a trading consortium of interconnected bots.

With all of my "crypto space negativity" I believe there will be one more run/pump that will get the market back to 550 million market cap by EOY then I will re-evaluate then.

**I find it funny that everyone can see how obvious it was that Bitcoin was a bubble at 20k, how the market was a bubble at 800 billion, the day anyone says the bubble popped "How dare you say that? No way?" I think it is pretty clear. 

***As far as the other guy asking about 5 years I would be completely guess. I do believe I will see a gain from .57 hence I'm holding. I will re-evaluate as I always do and everyone does based off of market conditions. Go look at the Excel chart (price predictions) for June no one thought .57 would be where XRP would sit that is for sure. (1-2 guys/gals maybe). There will be no more 2017's it was a epic time we all wish we could have dumped every penny we had in a sub penny XRP and held...…...at least we lived through it.***

You talk only of speculation.  You constantly talk about bubbles and market psychology. 

Nowhere do you mention utility volume or xRapid.  They are not even on your horizon. 

Utility volume is mechanical.  Speculator volume is sentimental.

You 100% invested in XRP as a speculative move, no more no less.  You never talk about future utility volume.  You are a speculator, blindly speculating on market sentiment. You would have been better off investing in a bunch of low-cap coins.  

I am different to you.  I have invested in a commodity that will gain in value through utility.  xRapid's effect on XRP's price is going to take time to manifest.   XRP is an easy hold for me because we are not there yet with xRapid.  Today's price does not matter at all (only matters for buying). The only thing I care about is that my position is big enough to make a different to my life when XRP's price lifts off (I'm looking to sell at a reasonably low price - high single digits, low double digit dollars).  I'm not a dreamer, but I do expect Ripple to gain at the very least a slice of the banking sector that will see XRP's price grow to at least $10.  That might be 3, 4, 5 years away.  So be it.  I think that will be inevitable, OR XRP may crash to zero if some catastrophic problem occurs.  So be it.  However, I do not care about market sentiment, or BTC, or total market cap of the overall market.  That has zero to do with utility volume. 

3 hours ago, Mods_are_tyrants said:

You have to study bubbles a bit the last 4 all tended to pop around 10 years after the "start"..... crypto or the "start" bitcoin is eerily in that realm. The parabolic chart, the media, the mania, the huge money made, and then the pop. After bubbles pop or "leak massively lol" history shows it takes 10-15 years to get back to where they  were previously. Crypto being digital you could argue may not, but that can be countered that many believe the market is still grossly overvalued even now and hasn't fully popped.

What has changed? Interest! it is as simple as that no pump tactic, no exchange opening, no Winklevoss, Novagratz the slew of hedge funds opening and closing, nothing has brought the investors back to crypto which are   all signs of a bubble popping. 

On the flip side many feel there is more manipulation now than at anytime in the crypto market as there are not even outliers anymore. In times past you could see a run of LTC, ETH, BTC a true run...…...nowadays it one solidified wave up and down in unison scripted, meditated, with little buying interest one way or the other just a trading consortium of interconnected bots.

With all of my "crypto space negativity" I believe there will be one more run/pump that will get the market back to 550 million market cap by EOY then I will re-evaluate then.

**I find it funny that everyone can see how obvious it was that Bitcoin was a bubble at 20k, how the market was a bubble at 800 billion, the day anyone says the bubble popped "How dare you say that? No way?" I think it is pretty clear. 

***As far as the other guy asking about 5 years I would be completely guess. I do believe I will see a gain from .57 hence I'm holding. I will re-evaluate as I always do and everyone does based off of market conditions. Go look at the Excel chart (price predictions) for June no one thought .57 would be where XRP would sit that is for sure. (1-2 guys/gals maybe). There will be no more 2017's it was a epic time we all wish we could have dumped every penny we had in a sub penny XRP and held...…...at least we lived through it.***

I think that's a fair viewpoint. I think we did see a retail speculative bubble.  Aided in part by CME futures hype.  But I think it's clear that most institutional money was on the sidelines. My guess is there will be an even bigger bull run at some point. Some regulatory uncertainty and the lack of custody solutions have thrown a wrench in things.  But there is a lot of money that will flow into this space.  There is no way the biggest players are going to let this opportunity come and go without ever having skin in the game.  That bubble scared away a lot of retail speculators - I agree. But you can be sure it got a lot of institutional investors attention.

11 hours ago, SuperTronk said:

At what point do you admit all the facts about XRP?  will it take 5 years of wasted time or anyone waking up now.....

I'll answer this one seriously.

At present all the facts about XRP are extremely positive. So I will happily admit them. Incredible real-life use cases that none of the other coins have. Amazing potential with Codius and Coil and now xPring funding over 100 XRP specific projects. We have such a bright future, so much potential.

5 years of wasted time? I don't think so. If you are able to HODL the ups and downs over the next 5 years you will IMO be handsomely rewarded. If, however, we are still sub $1 in 5 years then yes I will reevaluate my investment. 

In the meantime, I sit patiently quietly accumulating knowing that even a $3 to $5 max XRP price (this would be a fail in my book and I think we go way past this) would mean a nice return on my investment.

I think the chances of us being sub $1 in 5 years time, however, are very very very low.

7 hours ago, BiffTannen said:

The point is just for kicks? Are we just saying random things for kicks now.

Hey just for kicks. I checked the average weight of an apple and it is between 70 and 100 grams. The average weight of an orange is about 141 grams. 

Fud. You can't compare apples and oranges.

What the hell are we talking about?!

Oh yes, when do I admit it was wrong to invest in XRP.

It will have been wrong when no one gives two foxes about XRP. Give me every weak handed protest. I will suckle the tears of anguish as people consider what could have been.

Just kidding. I don't care. If you bought and lose or bought and win... No one knows what the future will bring in either retail or institutional space.

12 hours ago, SuperTronk said:

At what point do you admit all the facts about XRP?  will it take 5 years of wasted time or anyone waking up now.....

Mate, if you have no patience, you should not be investing. You should be buying a ticket to Vegas. I hear millionaires are made there literally overnight.

12 hours ago, SuperTronk said:

In the past five years, the price of XRP has gone from $0.005 to $0.59 or a rate of 11,700%

You're right, I feel sorry for all those stupid people getting rich from XRP. /s