I have been in deep red for 6 months

Thanks for sharing your experience. It's great to read that having bough XRP at the ATH and HODLing for 6 months has had such a transformative and positive effect on you.

I wish your girlfriend a speedy and full recovery. Followed by some nice gains when our XRP starts getting appreciated a little more. ?

Yes, sorry to hear all the trouble you and your girlfriend have had and hope she gets better fast. I can only say fear of missing out is dangerous, not just in the usual FOMO obsessive way, but also when you have a bit of a gut feeling and a lot of other things going on that may stop you thinking through as much as you’d like. Most of my bad financial decisions (granted nothing serious) have been when I have had other distractions going on.

That said, hopefully you can hold onto your XRP. Once it découplés you will get more than your money back, I am confident.

Edited by Mikhail_Liebenstein

There is going to be a day when the big public eye will turn to ripple. As soon as a major institution determines it has solidified it's position and is ready to March, they will roll out their experts and their predictions to trigger the retail masses.

There is so much capital outside of crypto. We talk about institutional money being on the sidelines, but on a global financial perspective, *we* are on the sidelines. *We* are the fringe of the economic universe. While we are out there on the arm of the galaxy we feel the spin, but as we inevitably drive toward the center - as crypto and digital economies mature and replace legacy financial instruments - if we hold on we will one day find ourselves in the center. Crypto is the Next Big Thing.

I'm sorry to hear of your hardships. I went through something very similar with Ethereum. I was a huge evangelist at $11. I told everyone this was the evolution of Bitcoin. But I had little cash, mom got cancer... Life isn't a straight line. I did get in but it was quite late, and then got out prior to the mega hike. It was my first experience in trading and I felt pretty lucky with my gains. I wanted to put them into something safe that didn't move as fast price wise. I shifted it into XRP by luck, but after reading more about their plan I didn't worry about how much I had lost not sticking with Ethereum.

As it stands now, I've been able to lock in my gains. I still buy now, though it brings my DCA up.

We've still got so much sky above us, falling out of the tree hurts, but like the BG123 castle says - Persevere.

Mate you are clearly very strong...  and your partner is obviously also very strong.  As they say....  Tough times don't last,  but tough people do.

I think you are right in everything you said, and that some great things are ahead for you and your lady.  I hope they come soon.  But even if they don't, they will come...  of that I am sure....  and you and your ever improving girlfriend will be able to enjoy a great result in all areas of your life.  Best wishes to you both.

1 hour ago, Plikk said:

Good day fellow members,

Today seemed like a good moment to share my experience with XRP. I first started investigating Ripple XRP back in august 2017. The price back then was 0.12 cents and I was ready to make a nice investment. However, it was quite hard to figure out how to buy and what was the best way to do it. I researched for a week and when I was about to pull the trigger, disaster struck. My GF, whom I have been with for 7 year had a sudden severe stroke. She was taken to the hospital and it was the most severe stroke possible, a brainstem cloth had blocked all nerve connections from her brain to her body, leaving her completely paralysed. For 6 weeks she lay in the hospital and could only move her eyes to confirm yes/no. Mentally she was 100% there, but physically just could not move any part of her body. The doctors gave her little to no hope on any recovery.

I quit my study and job instantly to take care of her. This took place almost 10 months ago now, and miraculously she is making huge improvements. I am with her almost every day, and thanks to great support from me, her family and especially her own perseverance and enormous strength she has shown great improvement. She can now move her arms and legs, her speech and the ability to eat are also returning. It will however take much more effort and time before she will be able to come home. For a long time to come she will still have to stay in a rehabilitation centre.

I cannot express in words how hard this has been and the impact it had on our lives. We have been through hell and back again. I feel very blessed that she is recovering so well and that we have the opportunity to return to a better life again.

So, during that time I completely forgot about XRP for the first months. When things had cooled down since August, it was suddenly December and I saw the market, including XRP, rise like never before. I felt annoyed by not been able to pull the trigger back in august so I immediately decided to buy in big. My first XRP buy was on january the 7th, just when XP reached 3 USD. I of course did my due diligence and read and read and read about XRP. As I had no prior experience with investing, I did not know it was the most stupid thing to invest in an asset that has just rissen more than a thousand percent in a matter of weeks, being crypto or not.

I spent a lot time reading the threads here on XRPChat, and they were filled with joy and price predictions of 5$+. I was angry at missing out earlier, gullible and really believed with he potential of XRP it would make it that far in an instant. So I pulled the trigger and made my first deposit on January 7th. Literally the day after, the CMC website decided to pull out all Korean exchanges and the XRP price dropped by 20% within hours. Here began my XRP investment journey. 

I was of course shocked by the sudden price crash, but I knew it was crypto, so I did not panic at all. I actually bought more, as people here, TA and fake 'prophets' like BG123 were pointing out that it was a normal correction, and the best time to accumulate more is when the price drops. So I listened and bought even more. The days and weeks after, the price only crashed further down and there seemed to be no end to it. What did I do? Panic? Meh, a little bit perhaps. I bought more every dip and really believed every time we already hit the bottom.

And again, people here were sure that after Chinese New Year, March, April, Consensus in May, SBI or whatever other reason, price would suddenly spike again. Well it did not, it only became worse. Why? Well, because none of us here know what the market will do. We can only speculate to a certain extent, but what I have learned is that it is very dangerous to FOMO on these occasions. Because every single time, it has proven to be a big downfall. I encourage everyone to stay level-headed, and decide for their own when to invest. FOMO is a very dangerous thing, and so is panic by the way. This market is very manipulated, run by bots and whales and many weak-hands and day traders that use any opportunity to make a quick profit. It is 180 degrees from what most of us have decided to be: a HODLER. This is the reason things usually don't work out as we hope, because we have a very different mindset(and way more knowledge about real life XRP progress) than most players in this market. They don't care about real life progress, they care about fast profits.

So where do I stand now? I have seen my portfolio ranging from -60% to being 0.5% in the green, but the latter was maybe for a few hours at most. I am now about 35% in the red, and it really sucks. If I had been more patient, had kept my head cool and made more calculated assessments, then I probably would have a much larger stack by now. But you know what, although it hurts and feels bad that I am this deep in the red, I have zero regrets about joining this crypto game. I am here for the long-term, even though when I first started I hoped to make quick profits.

And this is the most important thing I have realised: I started investing with hoping on quick profits. I would have been happy with a few thousand $ in profits, and be probably done with it. But thanks to this forum, and all the knowledge abound, I found out XRP is a waiting game. Waiting until the market finally sees the light and gives XRP a nice swing upwards. I am not that guy anymore that wants a quick buck. I want to change my life and that of my GF to be able to do whatever we want and enjoy life without having to worry about work 24/7. I will keep accumulating XRP at low prices, lowering my DCA, and just wait it out. It has no use to be full of regrets of choices we've made. 

I have grown stronger as an investor thanks to crypto, I am only 25 years old and have a whole life ahead of me. All the things about investing, what to do and what not to do, have I learned from this wicked market and helpful forum. I have been through hell with my GF, I will go through hell with this crypto game, and I just don't care anymore. I just let it ride, and one day I will be applauding myself for not giving up on neither my GF nor this investment opportunity. 

A heads up to everyone experiencing the same struggles in this crypto landscape. Keep strong, stay cool and if you have done your research, trust in your investment. Just accept it will take more time than you've hoped for and never feel guilty about decisions you have made. Always listen to yourself and take FOMO and PANIC posts with a grain of salt. They are equally dangerous. 

One day this investment will pay off, pay off big. Are you willing to wait hit for it? I sure as hell am!

Use me as a beacon.  I've i'm not on the forums, then the price likely isn't the time to buy in.

If I am around, there is an incredibly high chance, I'm looking to average myself back into the market.

Edited by Elitefoo
1 hour ago, Plikk said:

Good day fellow members,

Today seemed like a good moment to share my experience with XRP. I first started investigating Ripple XRP back in august 2017. The price back then was 0.12 cents and I was ready to make a nice investment. However, it was quite hard to figure out how to buy and what was the best way to do it. I researched for a week and when I was about to pull the trigger, disaster struck. My GF, whom I have been with for 7 year had a sudden severe stroke. She was taken to the hospital and it was the most severe stroke possible, a brainstem cloth had blocked all nerve connections from her brain to her body, leaving her completely paralysed. For 6 weeks she lay in the hospital and could only move her eyes to confirm yes/no. Mentally she was 100% there, but physically just could not move any part of her body. The doctors gave her little to no hope on any recovery.

I quit my study and job instantly to take care of her. This took place almost 10 months ago now, and miraculously she is making huge improvements. I am with her almost every day, and thanks to great support from me, her family and especially her own perseverance and enormous strength she has shown great improvement. She can now move her arms and legs, her speech and the ability to eat are also returning. It will however take much more effort and time before she will be able to come home. For a long time to come she will still have to stay in a rehabilitation centre.

I cannot express in words how hard this has been and the impact it had on our lives. We have been through hell and back again. I feel very blessed that she is recovering so well and that we have the opportunity to return to a better life again.

So, during that time I completely forgot about XRP for the first months. When things had cooled down since August, it was suddenly December and I saw the market, including XRP, rise like never before. I felt annoyed by not been able to pull the trigger back in august so I immediately decided to buy in big. My first XRP buy was on january the 7th, just when XP reached 3 USD. I of course did my due diligence and read and read and read about XRP. As I had no prior experience with investing, I did not know it was the most stupid thing to invest in an asset that has just rissen more than a thousand percent in a matter of weeks, being crypto or not.

I spent a lot time reading the threads here on XRPChat, and they were filled with joy and price predictions of 5$+. I was angry at missing out earlier, gullible and really believed with he potential of XRP it would make it that far in an instant. So I pulled the trigger and made my first deposit on January 7th. Literally the day after, the CMC website decided to pull out all Korean exchanges and the XRP price dropped by 20% within hours. Here began my XRP investment journey. 

I was of course shocked by the sudden price crash, but I knew it was crypto, so I did not panic at all. I actually bought more, as people here, TA and fake 'prophets' like BG123 were pointing out that it was a normal correction, and the best time to accumulate more is when the price drops. So I listened and bought even more. The days and weeks after, the price only crashed further down and there seemed to be no end to it. What did I do? Panic? Meh, a little bit perhaps. I bought more every dip and really believed every time we already hit the bottom.

And again, people here were sure that after Chinese New Year, March, April, Consensus in May, SBI or whatever other reason, price would suddenly spike again. Well it did not, it only became worse. Why? Well, because none of us here know what the market will do. We can only speculate to a certain extent, but what I have learned is that it is very dangerous to FOMO on these occasions. Because every single time, it has proven to be a big downfall. I encourage everyone to stay level-headed, and decide for their own when to invest. FOMO is a very dangerous thing, and so is panic by the way. This market is very manipulated, run by bots and whales and many weak-hands and day traders that use any opportunity to make a quick profit. It is 180 degrees from what most of us have decided to be: a HODLER. This is the reason things usually don't work out as we hope, because we have a very different mindset(and way more knowledge about real life XRP progress) than most players in this market. They don't care about real life progress, they care about fast profits.

So where do I stand now? I have seen my portfolio ranging from -60% to being 0.5% in the green, but the latter was maybe for a few hours at most. I am now about 35% in the red, and it really sucks. If I had been more patient, had kept my head cool and made more calculated assessments, then I probably would have a much larger stack by now. But you know what, although it hurts and feels bad that I am this deep in the red, I have zero regrets about joining this crypto game. I am here for the long-term, even though when I first started I hoped to make quick profits.

And this is the most important thing I have realised: I started investing with hoping on quick profits. I would have been happy with a few thousand $ in profits, and be probably done with it. But thanks to this forum, and all the knowledge abound, I found out XRP is a waiting game. Waiting until the market finally sees the light and gives XRP a nice swing upwards. I am not that guy anymore that wants a quick buck. I want to change my life and that of my GF to be able to do whatever we want and enjoy life without having to worry about work 24/7. I will keep accumulating XRP at low prices, lowering my DCA, and just wait it out. It has no use to be full of regrets of choices we've made. 

I have grown stronger as an investor thanks to crypto, I am only 25 years old and have a whole life ahead of me. All the things about investing, what to do and what not to do, have I learned from this wicked market and helpful forum. I have been through hell with my GF, I will go through hell with this crypto game, and I just don't care anymore. I just let it ride, and one day I will be applauding myself for not giving up on neither my GF nor this investment opportunity. 

A heads up to everyone experiencing the same struggles in this crypto landscape. Keep strong, stay cool and if you have done your research, trust in your investment. Just accept it will take more time than you've hoped for and never feel guilty about decisions you have made. Always listen to yourself and take FOMO and PANIC posts with a grain of salt. They are equally dangerous. 

One day this investment will pay off, pay off big. Are you willing to wait hit for it? I sure as hell am!

Another suggestion I have to read up on Dollar Cost Averaging, so you buy into the market slowly, over time.

I can teach you how to read a chart and analytics

1 hour ago, Plikk said:

Good day fellow members,

all the best to you and yours dude, i hope her recovery continues to go well.

Wat een mooi verhaal, I feel with you. There is always the 'lucky dip guy' who bought in the lowest price areas and sold on the top...
For the rest of us; we'll have to make it up on the back-end by hodling for a long time to surpass the volatility.
I have met XRP for the first time years ago, never bought in to it, because frankly I didn't know as much as I do now.
mania after mania, ath after ath, I was so fed up because I once lost keys of aroudn 1200btc from my 'silkroad buying era'.

After that I have turned my back on crypto as a whole and even chose for an other profession due to that painful missing out.
When you are around on the darkweb you also get to know people with same interests and it turned out that those 'friends' were not on the same level as I was.
They were bad and bad for society as a whole, dealing things and doing things what I acually did not approve any more as I got older.
I knew a lot of drug dealers, unethical hackers, even firearms dealers, learned a lot about the scene as well, because I found it quite interesting.
Around those times it was literally easier to buy a gun or some drugs online than to get bread and butter after shopping hours.
Those guys (call them criminals if you like) got quite awfully rich from btc as well, I couldn't be one of those guys in my opinion.
I still get it when people relate BTC to criminals. In the early days it really was the only real use case for BTC.
So... I turned my back on that whole scene, until I met XRP... All the fundamentals of Ripple really got me into the XRP game.

Summer 2017 I got back in to the game. not for 'quick gains' but because I really was in to the fundamentals.
I will never trade with XRP but instead I made the descision to buy in once with the money I could miss and keep it until 2020.

Keep investing in education/information, read up on the news every day or week, draw the right conclusions and stay humble.
In my opinion we are still very early in this game. BTC is indeed the Napster of digital assets, and I hope that XRP rises way above it.
If you would have been at the community  meeting in Amsterdam last week you would have seen the people around this XRP community.
Those people were humble, intelligent and had a clear vision about the future; discussing unconventional use cases and all for the good of society.
Those people wre nothing compared to the 'darkweb BTC community'. The scene grew up and understands that we can do a lot of good with the XRP ledger and its specifiactions.
I decided to stay on the 'good' side of crypto; and in my opinion Ripple and XRP suits perfectly for my ideals and way of thinking.
I really do not care about 'quick gains' anymore (the mindset of almost every criminal evolves around making quick gains by the way).
Even if it takes multiple years of patience; I think it is worth it. When I get rich off XRP, I will not feel guilty for it, I will do more good to the world after that.

What would you do in 2020, when XRP seems to be €500? Would you spend it all on b*llshit and trying to get as much attention as you can?
Or would you get satisfaction from helping other people? Is it worth the wait? What doesn't kill you makes you stronger! Eventually it will satisfy even more.
Because the gains didn't come as easy as you had hoped for. Because hodling hurts, because being in red numbers is stressful and painful.
But I am pretty sure that it will pay off in the end. Don't try to get in to the 'should-have-would-have-could-have' thinking scheme.
For me personally; I didn't have much in my life. I lost people close to me due to nasty diseases, had an unconventional youth, but learned a lot about life.
I worked hard for small amounts of money, turned my back to the 'getting rich quick', and looking behind I think it was the right choice.

I think the effects of 'XRP millionaires' will have a much much much more positive effect on the world than the 'BTC millionaires' in the coming years.
Just because of the differences in mindset in this community compared to other communities. I hope that we can all quit our jobs in a few years to do what makes us happy.
I will help the unbanked to participate in the global economy... I'd love to open some schools in third world countries.

@Plikk good on you for taking care of your GF, I'm sure she is more appreciative than any monetary gains could be fun and in the long-run the gains from XRP will be that much sweeter spent with people you love.  What is your exit strategy when you bought?  Was it to buy and hold for 3-5 years?  A certain price you plan to exit?  I know its tough right now but keep reminding yourself of the original strategy.  Think about guys that bought BTC in 2013, 2014 or 2015 at an all-time high and what they were thinking during <insert terrible circumstances that are sure to take everything down>.  Looking back there were at least 10 events that could of, should of, etc... wiped BTC off the map.  XRP is the same, its such an incredible paradigm shift forward where so many powerful players stand to gain from its development it will work out.  Read @JCCollins material on why XRP is well designed to fit into global and US monetary policy.  You can be sure the SEC is advised from other branches of govt. on what is the best path forward.  I honestly believe all this BS about security or not security is designed by and for those institutions to accumulate the best assets at the best prices.  Whatever price they feel suitable to enter you can be sure from that point forward you'll be hearing wonderful things about digital assets everywhere you turn.  Right now they aren't yet on our team, soon they will be on our team.  

Take care, buddy.

I HODL tightly as f*ck when 5x profit in Jan, 2018. Now all profit gone and my XRP sleep there. 

During the crash, I bought more XRP, which improved my avg cost from 0.22 to 0.5, LOL.

Similar experience with you, painful 6 months. I even felt angry about the $589+ joke when see the price drop.

Any way, life move on and have a nice day.

Edited by MungerMore