brjXRP17

Ripple Lawsuit Tracker

16 minutes ago, Misil said:

do you also think this Clinton announcement is a coincidence? Trying to join the dots......

The Swell conference is still one month away... Starts 9/30. I don't know... Lately I get a sense of desperation from Ripple. First the unsubstantiated stories about Ripple trying to pay exchanges to list xrp. Then some ex Ripple employee(s) going off and starting new ventures, Japan South Korean corridor is shot volume wise. Ripple's focus more on remittance providers than on banks with respect to xrp, etc. Maybe the fear is unwarranted on my part.... I had a similar but worse reaction when Snapswap.us closed down and I had to move my XRPs from the US to an Eastern European crypto exchange.

Edited by enrique11

9 minutes ago, enrique11 said:

The Swell conference is still one month away... Starts 9/30. I don't know... Lately I get a sense of desperation from Ripple. First the unsubstantiated stories about Ripple trying to pay exchanges to list xrp. Then some ex Ripple employee(s) going off and starting new ventures, Japan South Korean corridor is shot volume wise. Ripple's focus more on remittance providers than on banks with respect to xrp, etc. Maybe the fear is unwarranted on my part.... I had a similar but worse reaction when Snapswap.us closed down and I had to move my XRPs from the US to an Eastern European crypto exchange.

You're getting fear from unsubstantiated stories...I think if you can analyze that a little bit for what it is then perhaps you'll get some peace of mind.

Posted (edited)

Great find!! 

Sounds like we're years away from a decision, and in the meantime the legal expert seems to be of the opinion that the SEC will take no action until a judgement has been made in this case. Until any big motion has been decided upon, ie dismissal of the case or later on down the line a jusgement based on the discovery phase of the trial ripple the company. In the meantime ripple can continue as business as usual.

A resolution is clearly years away. 

So on balance I'd say good news for ripple, they seem to have hired a really strong legal team that are expertly handling this. In addition it appears that it could well be some time before a resolution, which plays well for ripple and whether xrp is a security. As while this is playing out ripple have visibly been making moves to lower the chance of xrp being deemed a security. 

Well played ripple, you seem to be executing a very good strategy. 

Edited by Xrpdude

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Xrpdude said:

So on balance I'd say good news for ripple, they seem to have hired a really strong legal team that are expertly handling this. In addition it appears that it could well be some time before a resolution, which plays well for ripple and whether xrp is a security. As while this is playing out ripple have visibly been making moves to lower the chance of xrp being deemed a security. 

I'm curious though. If ripple are stringing the lawsuit out for the maximum amount of time, and the SEC won't move until the lawsuit is settled, then effectively, Ripple are guaranteeing that there will be regulatory uncertainty for the maximum amount of time. I don't deny that whilst the lawsuits are playing out, they are developing the network, bringing customers (in countries like Japan that are beyond the purview of the US authorities) and doing everything that is needed to ensure that the SEC won't consider XRP a security - but it makes me think that playing for time indicates a weak hand. Why would they not simply 'go for it', let a judge decide and get the whole thing over with.

If regulatory uncertainty is the major problem they have cited on several occasions, then why use delaying tactics to make it last longer?

Edited by jbjnr
typo

Posted (edited)
49 minutes ago, jbjnr said:

I'm curious though. If ripple are stringing the lawsuit out for the maximum amount of time, and the SEC won't move until the lawsuit is settled, then effectively, Ripple are guaranteeing that there will be regulatory uncertainty for the maximum amount of time. I don't deny that whilst the lawsuits are playing out, they are developing the network, bringing customers (in countries like Japan that are beyond the purview of the US authorities) and doing everything that is needed to ensure that the SEC won't consider XRP a security - but it makes me think that playing for time indicates a weak hand. Why would they not simply 'go for it', let a judge decide and get the whole thing over with.

If regulatory uncertainty is the major problem they have cited on several occasions, then why use delaying tactics to make it last longer?

I think playing probabilities right... No lawsuit is a guaranteed done deal. The public face of ripple is one of confidence but no matter what, no company actually *wants* to go to court. As the master tacticians (I at least believe that they are) by playing for more time they are also afforded the breathing space to continue making those moves to ensure, as far as reasonably practicable, that xrp isn't a security. Remember, it's not as if the SEC has been clear what the guidelines are, which introduces an element of significant risk. Given all of the facts most intelligent people would want to stall for time to do everything in their power to ensure xrp is not ruled a security. 

Edited by Xrpdude

4 minutes ago, Xrpdude said:

I think playing probabilities right... No lawsuit is a guaranteed done deal. The public face of ripple is one of confidence but no matter what, no company actually *wants* to go to court. As the master tacticians (I at least believe that they are) by playing for more time they are also afforded the breathing space to continue making those moves to ensure, as far as reasonably practicable, that xrp isn't a security. Remember, it's not as if the SEC has been clear what the guidelines are, which introduces an element of significant risk. Given all of the facts most intelligent people would want to stall for time to do everything in their power to ensure xrp is not ruled a security. 

That's a much better answer than the one I was expecting from the trolls on the forum. They would have replied. "Of course Ripple want to string out an SEC ruling on the status of XRP for as long as possible - how else can they continue dumping their worthless ****coin on losers like you". <sigh>

Even some trolls have feelings, but agreed. The atmosphere here recently is definitely one of frustration. I think it's still a great buying opportunity, getting in before the next (inevitable) pump

troll.jpg

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Xrpdude said:

Great find!! 

Sounds like we're years away from a decision, and in the meantime the legal expert seems to be of the opinion that the SEC will take no action until a judgement has been made in this case. Until any big motion has been decided upon, ie dismissal of the case or later on down the line a jusgement based on the discovery phase of the trial ripple the company. In the meantime ripple can continue as business as usual.

A resolution is clearly years away. 

Well played ripple, you seem to be executing a very good strategy. 

SEC do not need a result to this law suit before making the rules about what is and what is not a security.  SEC will continue to progress on this problem whatever is happening in this case.

SEC will not come out with a list of which ICOs are securities.  The most they will do is wave red flags when they think rules are being broken.

The longer Ripple spin out the case the more obvious it becomes that XRP is a utility asset used by a wide range of companies and the weaker the case against them gets.   

Edited by Julian_Williams