Sign in to follow this  
buckor

XRP Community Blog

Excellent work!  Great-looking easy to navigate condensation of quality content.

One thing - there was a post entitled "XRP Insights: Is XRP destined to become successful?".  Because of the use of the word "Insights", this can be easily misinterpreted as an official Ripple article (indeed that was my first impression).

Posted (edited)

Thanks, @buckor.  I've subscribed.  How does one submit articles, and how are they selected?

Edit:  I should add - what are the parameters, such as word length, writing style, if any?

Edited by Simoun

Thanks, [mention=10253]buckor[/mention].  I've subscribed.  How does one submit articles, and how are they selected?
Edit:  I should add - what are the parameters, such as word length, writing style, if any?
I am not involved in that aspect. I was asked if I would be willing to put my blog on the site and agreed to do so for the betterment of the community.

I don't think there is a specific style or word length, but that the information is truthful and accurate, to the best of our knowledge.
@Hodor might be able to help you with access if you are interested...I would shoot him a message.

Sorry I couldn't provide more answers!

58 minutes ago, buckor said:

I am not involved in that aspect. I was asked if I would be willing to put my blog on the site and agreed to do so for the betterment of the community.

I don't think there is a specific style or word length, but that the information is truthful and accurate, to the best of our knowledge.
@Hodor might be able to help you with access if you are interested...I would shoot him a message.

Sorry I couldn't provide more answers!

I'm glad the blog is adding your catalog of posts, which brings clarity to an easily misunderstood frontier and a sensibility that speaks to a wide base, methinks.  Thanks, and looking forward to more.

Thank you very much! I am so glad I get to be a part of this community!

I'm glad the blog is adding your catalog of posts, which brings clarity to an easily misunderstood frontier and a sensibility that speaks to a wide base, methinks.  Thanks, and looking forward to more.

Posted (edited)
19 hours ago, buckor said:

How does one submit articles, and how are they selected?

New Contributors

I think anybody that wishes to blog about XRP or Ripple should be able to blog.  Send me your info and I'll see what I can do; things are still kind of in flux at the moment, despite the massive amount of content we've seen. 

Content Guidelines

Blogs typically range anywhere from two paragraphs to multiple pages.  I have no set requirement, and I'm assuming from the content I've seen already that nobody else does, either.

Moderation

Well, we have to have *some* way of moderating the content, so there is a general content judgement that one or all of us should make based on article content.  It seems that some of us (myself and @buckor) have kind of been grand-fathered in, but we obviously are going to prevent it from becoming a platform for critics. 

They already have their various platforms; it's not incumbent upon me or anybody else involved in our site to make it fair or equal whatsoever.  In other words, if I feel the content is offensive or misleading or contains personal attacks or is a negative troll post, I will either request that it be removed, or ... something.  We really haven't finalized how to moderate.  We should probably designate some moderators to formally play that role.  I will be a moderator if nobody objects. 

Generally speaking, I'd prefer content be positive about XRP and Ripple, but if it's negative, I just have one (kind of subjective) requirement; that it be constructive in its tone. 

The creator of the site is @wietsewind (Twitter handle).   I think he checks this site too, under the avatar @xrptipbot

In any case, I'll let him know that this conversation is happening. 

-Hodor

Edited by Hodor

New Contributors
I think anybody that wishes to blog about XRP or Ripple should be able to blog.  Send me your info and I'll see what I can do; things are still kind of in flux at the moment, despite the massive amount of content we've seen. 
Content Guidelines
Blogs typically range anywhere from two paragraphs to multiple pages.  I have no set requirement, and I'm assuming from the content I've seen already that nobody else does, either.
Moderation
Well, we have to have *some* way of moderating the content, so there is a general content judgement that one or all of us should make based on article content.  It seems that some of us (myself and [mention=10253]buckor[/mention]) have kind of been grand-fathered in, but we obviously are going to prevent it from becoming a platform for critics. 
They already have their various platforms; it's not incumbent upon me or anybody else involved in our site to make it fair or equal whatsoever.  In other words, if I feel the content is offensive or misleading or contains personal attacks or is a negative troll post, I will either request that it be removed, or ... something.  We really haven't finalized how to moderate.  We should probably designate some moderators to formally play that role.  I will be a moderator if nobody objects. 
Generally speaking, I'd prefer content be positive about XRP and Ripple, but if it's negative, I just have one (kind of subjective) requirement; that it be constructive in its tone. 
The creator of the site is @wietsewind (Twitter handle).   I think he checks this site too, under the avatar [mention=10501]xrptipbot[/mention]
In any case, I'll let him know that this conversation is happening. 
-Hodor
Thanks for the guidance@Hodor. I think you know I will do whatever I can to help in any way possible.

I look forward to seeing what the XRP Community produces!

18 minutes ago, Hodor said:

@wietsewind is aware of our discussion here and is creating a page that will clarify the submission process.

Thanks for for being amazingly responsive, (even if it was not required or asked of you).  It will be interesting what perspectives will be brought forward, from different life experiences, philosophies, and disciplines. 

Just now, Simoun said:

Thanks for for being amazingly responsive, (even if it was not required or asked of you).  It will be interesting what perspectives will be brought forward, from different life experiences, philosophies, and disciplines. 

No problem whatsoever.

We need to streamline the submittal process and make it available for anybody that would like to contribute. 

My hope is that it truly gets "out of hand!" (in a good way)  😎   Because that means we are getting where we need to be as an ecosystem of XRP stakeholders. 

Sign in to follow this