mm34505

Vladi Zakinov filed a class action lawsuit on Tuesday

19 minutes ago, Still1 said:

I can't see how Crypto's wouldn't be considered securities. IMO when there is an exchange between a buyer and a seller and there is a transfer of money where there can be a capital gain or a loss it would be considered a security. This is going to be interesting to see how this all plays out. 

By that measure, everything on eBay would also be considered a security.

3 minutes ago, Mods_are_tyrants said:

Im willing to bet in a year when they finally rule they say security.

I bet by then you will stop crying over xrp volume

Posted (edited)
27 minutes ago, Professor Hantzen said:

By that measure, everything on eBay would also be considered a security.

Are you subject to a capital gain with items on eBay? I believe that you are taxed as ordinary income with eBay. When you have gains in crypto you are supposed to pay capital gains taxes.

Edit

Edited by Still1
More efficient

19 minutes ago, Kiwi said:

I bet by then you will stop crying over xrp volume

Kiwi disagree all you want if there is no volume (buy/hold) volume not just transactional this doesnt move those are the facts.

Brad G could announce 1000 banks signed if the volume is 250 million a day guess what? The price isnt moving!!

37 minutes ago, Javim777 said:

The SEC and only the SEC can decide this. They should step up and give a clear statement.

It seems like this **** is out of control now.

It only appears out of control due to the speculation and assumptions which are being posted here.

4 hours ago, Mods_are_tyrants said:

Im willing to bet in a year when they finally rule they say security.

I'm pretty certain they wont, but that is just my humble non legally trained opinion after listening to the advice of those who are highly experienced in SEC law, the actual requirements to be classed as a security and also looking at the legal team that Ripple have behind them. It may even be that they decide on a new category for crypto assets idk. One thing I do know is that I am confident in my investment.

1 hour ago, Javim777 said:

The SEC and only the SEC can decide this. They should step up and give a clear statement.

It seems like this **** is out of control now.

The only thing out of control is peoples speculations. This is a new area and every asset is different, mistakes cannot be made, new precedents will be set for the future of blockchain as a whole and that takes time.

Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, Muellhart said:

Is this the same Vladi Zakinov? ?

https://topclassactions.com/lawsuit-settlements/lawsuit-news/772577-blue-buffalo-class-action-says-dog-food-contaminated-lead/

If so, it looks like this guy just likes to go to court...

Good find. And there is same Brian J Robbins as well in both and interesting thing to note that their previous class action of “Blue buffalo “ was dismissed.

Edited by RDS

40 minutes ago, RDS said:

Good find. And there is same Brian J Robbins as well in both and interesting thing to note that their previous class action of “Blue buffalo “ was dismissed.

It's the same with the other suit. Coffey is also involved in an action against Tezos. These guys are just pest litigants hoping to make 'easy money'. 

3 hours ago, OzAlphaWolf said:

It's the same with the other suit. Coffey is also involved in an action against Tezos. These guys are just pest litigants hoping to make 'easy money'. 

Yes, it seems like it bro.