Guest Ripplista79

Webcast Link - WesternUnion @ Bank of America 1:15pm EST today

"haven't found it useful to solve our settlement infrastructures yet..."  To me, the words "infrastructures" and "yet" point to more of a problem with the nature of the manner in which their system is designed. The word "yet" denotes an ongoing interest in figuring out how to make Ripple/xrp work for them. If they've got a stable full of horses, which up to this point has worked pretty well for them, it's going to require some substantial restructuring if they're expecting to somehow keep the "horses" but get them riding on the "magnetic levitation rails" of what Ripple has developed. It's hard to say what any of this really means - sure would've loved to have seen a transcript to further evaluate what was said.

If there wasnt a problem then there would be nothing “to solve” [emoji57]

15 hours ago, Loki said:

I have to disagree with those that say this is not bad news. We want glowing, positive reviews of this new technology. If people are unexcited it doesn't help. 

I agree! (Feeling mildly disoriented at the moment.)

we understood that WU was in the bag already. If they are up in the air, what about others we make assumptions about?

39 minutes ago, ringer2 said:

I agree! (Feeling mildly disoriented at the moment.)

we understood that WU was in the bag already. If they are up in the air, what about others we make assumptions about?

I think WU is probably doing great, but that interview was a sh*t show. 

Yes, we have smaller companies talking about how awesome Ripple is. But not larger ones yet. We need the larger ones to make the real money. 

Business is done through perception, in part. 

Thankfully Brad and the team know what they are doing and it's not, say, Jed M. behind the wheel.

I'm deflated with this...I would expect him to say that WU is an innovater and working with cutting edge technology/always investing in doing business better and that is why they are testing....hmmm

1 hour ago, No1butsum1 said:

I'm deflated with this...I would expect him to say that WU is an innovater and working with cutting edge technology/always investing in doing business better and that is why they are testing....hmmm

yeah, he could've spun it that way. I get the feeling these companies still see ripple as a threat more than a solution and that is driving these deals. If Ripple becomes a solution for them, great, if not then they know everything about them.

On 6/8/2018 at 8:03 AM, OzAlphaWolf said:

Western Union have been in 'test' phase with Ripple for years. If Ripple provided no significant advantage, those 'tests' would have been canned long ago. You don't spend time and dollars messing around with a tech for years humming and hahing. If they couldn't find a game-changer, they'd just say, "we're not really pursuing it. There's no advantage". Whatever they're up to, they are being careful to not signal their competitors. Yes, we wish they'd say something positive but for their own reasons they're not. 

Yes absolutely @OzAlphaWolf. Every company is going to have their own internal challenges when trialling/rolling out new tech. Especially tech as ground breaking as Ripple’s. WU is such a big company that has been around for many years, their legacy systems would be a nightmare.

The only downside to this is the acknowledgement that xRapid adoption especially among the bigger FI’s will take time. Maybe more time than we had hoped. 

Edited by Chewiecoin