Nohut

Major Banks (S) will use Xrapid by the end of this Callander year, and in the order or magnitude of dozens (S) next year” Use, not pilot, not money transfer companies. Banks, Use.

Erm... have Brad’s hopes spawned nearly four pages of this thread? Hah ? 

Brad is - as he said - *hoping* that dozens will be using xRapid in 2019. It must be tough being Brad. His every utterance is scrutinised by the community looking for clues that quite possibly aren’t really there.

Edited by JA8

1 hour ago, Gosens said:

Even though I agree that @Mods_are_tyrants is about the biggest debbie downer compared to all the #tothemoon-fanatics, he's also right about a lot of things. Btw, I mean no offence to either @Mods_are_tyrants or the #tothemoon-fanatics. I'm glad we have them all on this forum

Transactions that go through xRapid concerning XRP are neutral, because you get exactly that -> you buy and sell the same amount.

To add, you need non-neutral transactions if you want a price increase

Another edit: 1 transaction might never be neutral, but 2 offsetting transactions are (which is what's happening in xRapid)

Disagree: - the only activity that will be neutral is when money goes in and out of the same exchange in the blink of an eye.  All other activity must be dynamic because it is causing XRP to travel from one exchange to another and that sets up imbalances which set off further transactions when the exchanges rebalance their relationships across the network.  The transactions ripple and bounce across the network.  

If I take a bucket of water from the Atlantic and one second later drop it off in the Pacific the net volume of the World's oceans are unchanged, but the action causes imbalances that cause currents from the Pacific back to the Atlantic.  The changes cause new dynamics and they are not neutral.  

I would guess that when the transaction volume speeds up the value of XRP goes up, when transactions volume loses pace the value of XRP goes down

Edited by Julian_Williams

41 minutes ago, katsam said:

ehhhh no. he clearly said banks by end of 2019

No, he said he’s confident that banks will be using xRapid in payment flows in 2018, and that he *hopes* by the end of 2019 that the number will be in the dozens. 

I don’t think this thread deserves to be so many pages long as it’s all still conjecture really. Sure, it sounds promising but it’s still rather vague.

Edited by JA8

1 hour ago, JA8 said:

Erm... have Brad’s hopes spawned nearly four pages of this thread? Hah ? 

Brad is - as he said - *hoping* that dozens will be using xRapid in 2019. It must be tough being Brad. His every utterance is scrutinised by the community looking for clues that quite possibly aren’t really there.

I don't feel sorry for Brad, he probably enjoys the limelight and money.  In recent months he has had a very clear strategy about which information to withold and which to release, he wants his words to be scrutinised because it it one of his levers of control.

Being untruthful would be a bad idea but being economic/playing  with the truth will certainly sometimes be part of his battleplan

Edited by Julian_Williams

And Brad isn't like the rest of us, just speculating. He knows sh*t; he knows the number of banks currently asking to test rapid, or where they're up to with their pilots/interest.

If Brad is saying banks will be using it this year, I very much doubt he'll be wrong.

They'll need to make a new addition next Chinese new year; Year of the Lambo!

18 minutes ago, JA8 said:

No, he said he’s confident that banks will be using xRapid in payment flows in 2018, and that he *hopes* by the end of 2019 that the number will be in the dozens. 

I don’t think this thread deserves to be so many pages long as it’s all still conjecture really. Sure, it sounds promising but it’s still rather vague.

This ^

People are talking as if it's a forgone conclusion that banks will be using XRP by the end of the year and next - but it's far from a formality.

Brad is the CEO. Do you expect a CEO of not wanting to be confident or optimistic about its company? Of course not.

Now if he had said that banks WILL be using XRP then that's a different matter.

Don't get me wrong, I still think it's great that he has every confidence and I sure hope he's right.

2 hours ago, Gosens said:

Even though I agree that @Mods_are_tyrants is about the biggest debbie downer compared to all the #tothemoon-fanatics, he's also right about a lot of things. Btw, I mean no offence to either @Mods_are_tyrants or the #tothemoon-fanatics. I'm glad we have them all on this forum

Transactions that go through xRapid concerning XRP are neutral, because you get exactly that -> you buy and sell the same amount.

Another edit: 1 transaction might never be neutral, but 2 offsetting transactions are (which is what's happening in xRapid

I respect that.To each his own.

I have had many unpleasant experiences with him and I have seen how he responds to people and deliberately tries to spread misinformation and hijack threads.

So I have a different view to yours on that subject.

I have always said that I respects alternate views to mine and enjoy a debate. I don’t enjoy intentional smear campaigns designed to scare XRP investors. 

42 minutes ago, JA8 said:

If we don't speculate about a very bullish statement made by the CEO I'm not sure what the point of a trading and speculation club is?

We are always trying to get a better read on the pace of adoption. I do agree that the comment is somewhat vague.  But since he generally chooses his words so carefully and sticks to the same metaphors & talking points;  it was nice to glean something more from an interview.

28 minutes ago, Moonraker said:

This ^

People are talking as if it's a forgone conclusion that banks will be using XRP by the end of the year and next - but it's far from a formality.

Brad is the CEO. Do you expect a CEO of not wanting to be confident or optimistic about its company? Of course not.

Now if he had said that banks WILL be using XRP then that's a different matter.

Don't get me wrong, I still think it's great that he has every confidence and I sure hope he's right.

But he said it?

"Major Banks WILL use Xrapid by the end of this Callander year"

I haven't watched the interview, but that's the quote I have seen everywhere

3 hours ago, Gosens said:

Another edit: 1 transaction might never be neutral, but 2 offsetting transactions are (which is what's happening in xRapid)

By this definition of trading neutrality, it would be impossible for anything to be non-neutral because the number of buys will ALWAYS be equal to the number of sales. It can’t be any other way. For every sale in every condition there has to be an equal buy. 

Neutral trading means something entirely different. It is when a trader plays both the short and long on a security. It has nothing to do with number or size of sales and buys. 

4 hours ago, Gosens said:

Wouldnt that completely denounce the whole concept of Bid/Ask in the stock market? Someone buys 50,000 shares when someone sells 50,000 shares. 

6 hours ago, Gorgalosk said:

I pointed this out in the zerpening thread, but is nobody going to point out how this statement is in direct contradiction to David's statements a few months back?

David clearly said "xRapid is our first effort at settlement and it's not aimed at banks."

So either Brad and David aren't on the same page or one of the two doesn't know what they are talking about.  Link below for reference.

Davids point was that they had to solve liquidity by prioritizing remittance FIs as their first xRapid customers, because banks wouldnt be hopping on board until the unit price goes up and XRP gets liquid.

I think Brads recent statements reflect that Ripple knows something we don't, and that is that liquidity will be solved this year, thus banks will jump on board..

This tells me Ripple is expecting a steep price hike in the next few months if they are expecting multiple banks to hop in before EOY.

Exciting AF! I dont believe we will be waiting until EOY for our new ATH.

Edited by Trader-to-the-Crown