Nohut

Major Banks (S) will use Xrapid by the end of this Callander year, and in the order or magnitude of dozens (S) next year” Use, not pilot, not money transfer companies. Banks, Use.

1 hour ago, Eric123 said:

@Loki sometimes I just space out looking at your avatar. 

Me too, my friend, me too.

12 minutes ago, minicuzzo said:

downloadfile-3.gif

I'm so confused by your gifs. Are they talking to each other? 

Oh well, I'm lost. 

3 hours ago, ed1 said:

Who says Fiat is stable?

It's all about costs and the cost of holding and using this asset vs fiat. If the asset is appreciating then that cost is negative, if not it can still perform better due to cost reductions in txs. And what if a certain intermediary were to guarantee that at least a part of the downside risk for the corporations holding xrp would be covered by the said party.

If a intermediary guaranteed the funds then great currently no one is guaranteeing crypto coins.

I pointed this out in the zerpening thread, but is nobody going to point out how this statement is in direct contradiction to David's statements a few months back?

David clearly said "xRapid is our first effort at settlement and it's not aimed at banks."

So either Brad and David aren't on the same page or one of the two doesn't know what they are talking about.  Link below for reference.

16 minutes ago, Gorgalosk said:

I pointed this out in the zerpening thread, but is nobody going to point out how this statement is in direct contradiction to David's statements a few months back?

David clearly said "xRapid is our first effort at settlement and it's not aimed at banks."

So either Brad and David aren't on the same page or one of the two doesn't know what they are talking about.  Link below for reference.

I threw a rock once at a kid. It was a big rock and I threw it hard. I hit the kid square in the head. I wasn't aiming for the window behind him-but hit that too. 

Maybe David was setting his expectations at the time. And things change.

Or maybe I should just go back to hitting kids with rocks.

17 minutes ago, Gorgalosk said:

Reminds me, my favorite sandwich, I was reading that the real money to be had is in money transfer companies I.E. WU, MG. 

5 Trillion USD are transferred via swift everyday. Imagine XRapid will do 10% of it instead. So 10% of 5 Trillion are 500 billions right? There is a maximum of 100 billion XRP tokens, that means it would be 100 billion tokens at a price of 5$ needed to transfer a value of 500 billion USD. But we have to consider that not every token is available on the market and the circulating supply is limited... maybe you can do the math?? 

4 hours ago, Gorgalosk said:

I think you're getting things confused.

1.) xRapid is not aimed at banks

2.) xRapid is aimed to provide liquidity to banks. That is not a contradiction.

Why? 

Because it is aimed at financial institutions and payment providers, and it provides liquidity to payment providers, FIs AND banks. It's aim is to provide liquidity. Not specifically to a certain business type but in the general scope of payments going across borders. It's not aimed at banks, solely or specifically; it's aimed at payment providers; it's aimed at FIs; it's aimed at any business venture that facilitates money moving quickly like info moves around the globe... 

Also, I apologize if this is coming across as rude. That's not my intention. The above is just how I view the information. 

Edited by Guest
Misspelling found

11 minutes ago, Madbull said:

5 Trillion USD are transferred via swift everyday. Imagine XRapid will do 10% of it instead. So 10% of 5 Trillion are 500 billions right? There is a maximum of 100 billion XRP tokens, that means it would be 100 billion tokens at a price of 5$ needed to transfer a value of 500 billion USD. But we have to consider that not every token is available on the market and the circulating supply is limited... maybe you can do the math?? 

I think that math has been done  a zillion times and each time somebody comes up with a different answer and argument for thier reasoning. Don’t think about it to much but $10 is pretty easy to imagine, after that who knows...

1 hour ago, Gorgalosk said:

Well, clearly they are moving to the second (and beyond) stage, yes? BTW...

SBI Ripple Asia

https://www.sbigroup.co.jp/english/company/group/sbirippleasia.php

"SBI Ripple Asia is providing a next-generation payment platform powered by DLT (Distributed Ledger Technology) to financial institutions and remittance transfer providers in Asia as a joint venture of SBI Holdings and Ripple, a US FinTech venture."

"In recent years, customer behavior and the demands for payments have evolved."

"The needs for foreign exchange are also emerging with cross-border e-commerce and business expansion of Japanese companies to Asia. As a result, SBI Ripple Asia is working on a new payment platform for financial institutions. We established “Japan Bank Consortium” with banks in Japan in October 2016. (61 banks are participating as of July 2017)."

Annual Report|SBI Holdings

http://www.sbigroup.co.jp/english/investors/library/annualreport/

"Through its international remittance service, SBI Remit seeks to provide “low fees”, “quick remittance”, and “services that fit the user's lifestyle”, in addition to safety."

"Owing to an alliance with MoneyGram International, Inc., a major remittance service provider in the U.S., remittances can be received in 10 minutes at shortest after the money is deposited into SBI Remit, at MoneyGram's agencies of about 320 thousand in about 198 countries and territories. Also, customers can receive money from overseas via SBI Remit."

2 hours ago, Gorgalosk said:

David clearly said "xRapid is our first effort at settlement and it's not aimed at banks

He clarifies somewhat in the same twitter thread

9 hours ago, Chewiecoin said:

I hope you are not responding to old mate Grumpy guts. IMO put him on your ignore list and leave him be. 

Even though I agree that @Mods_are_tyrants is about the biggest debbie downer compared to all the #tothemoon-fanatics, he's also right about a lot of things. Btw, I mean no offence to either @Mods_are_tyrants or the #tothemoon-fanatics. I'm glad we have them all on this forum

8 hours ago, Nohut said:

Yes it will. Transactions are not neutral  ( your logic is probably buy xrp for lets say 1.5$ and sell for 1.5$) Volume is the key. Market is not static lol

Transactions that go through xRapid concerning XRP are neutral, because you get exactly that -> you buy and sell the same amount.

To add, you need non-neutral transactions if you want a price increase

Another edit: 1 transaction might never be neutral, but 2 offsetting transactions are (which is what's happening in xRapid)

Edited by Gosens