xrpmommy

Ripple CEO: Expect dozens of banks to use our cryptocurrency...CNBC

Just now, mrhat75 said:

Laughing at the BTC, ETH, LTC, TRON, etc folks with no use case, that will soon die to XRP.  Their communities deserve what is coming to them and I'm laughing all the way to the bank.

You thought your coin would survive without a use case.  Bahahahaha

Do you think Chris Larsen invested in Tron just for s***s and giggles?

58 minutes ago, OzAlphaWolf said:

Do you think Chris Larsen invested in Tron just for s***s and giggles?

Sorry, maybe I *might have* had one of them wrong.  Still the same point.

Edited by mrhat75

On 6/6/2018 at 2:05 AM, fiik said:

http://www.cuallix.com/en/

Cuallix is a financial institution with more than 25 years of history with operations in Mexico, United States and Hong Kong. We are focused in providing credit and payment processing solutions to individuals and companies, with products based on specific customer needs and digital content.

We have a certified technology platform that allows us to offer online financial services, 24/7 and 365, in a multi-currency and customizable structure.

We are a leading financial institution of SWIFT, MasterCard and UnionPay.

Cuallix have a big SWIFT sign on their homepage.

1 hour ago, fiik said:

yes

aint it odd

tf hat time?

Is it not just because that’s what their customers know? They most likely still use Swift for transactions and are therefore just informing their customers that this is a service which they offer. If you were to ask most people you know which service allows international payments to be processed how many of them know of Swift? And how many have heard of XRP or xRapid?

2 minutes ago, cuber said:

Is it not just because that’s what their customers know? They most likely still use Swift for transactions and are therefore just informing their customers that this is a service which they offer. If you were to ask most people you know which service allows international payments to be processed how many of them know of Swift? And how many have heard of XRP or xRapid?

Do we know how long the SWIFT logo has been there? If always then I agree but if relatively recent then....?

2 minutes ago, WhentheBoat_ComesIn said:

Do we know how long the SWIFT logo has been there? If always then I agree but if relatively recent then....?

I think swift got the 5hits when they started fooling around with other floosies on the side.

10 minutes ago, WhentheBoat_ComesIn said:

Looks like the page was last updated on 18/9/17 but I don’t know what changed. That’s impossible to tell.

On 6/5/2018 at 4:21 PM, iLeeT said:

Look, I hope everyone is right and I'm wrong, at the end of the day we all probably benefit from this. I was just expressing a different pov as I'm working for a big bank /one of the biggest world-wide/ and I know how awfully slow integrations/development of new technology is. There is a *lot* of regulation that's happening behind the screen. For example, in my case - we want to migrate some stuff to the cloud - we can't do it before Q4 this year, probably somewhere mid-next year just because there could be some data that can't be hosted in the cloud /depending on where the physical machines are located etc./, there are laws, regulations, different departments that need to give a green light etc. I can imagine it's even harder to do something crypto and blockchain related.

I don't know about Santander, but I don't think SBI would manage to utilize xRapid /production-wise/ until the end of the year, just purely judging by their reputation with delays etc. I hope I'm wrong of course :) If one thing crypto has taught me is that people constantly over-hype things and then are feeling let down etc. 

Seems like you were totally right

On 6/5/2018 at 12:38 PM, Tinyaccount said:

Having worked with software payments systems in large enterprises,  I can say that the testing would be rigorous...  and in house.  Stress testing would be done in house with dummy loads.  Nothing can really test a production system end to end until it is live though.

So my belief based on all I've heard and seen,  and in particular, this latest revelation,  is that a bank, or some banks, have already done in house testing and then perhaps trialled a payment or three.  Then maybe ramped up a bit more for some staff test payments.  All of it below the radar.

At some point by the sounds of it, they will have a throttled live run.  Perhaps pause and evaluate.  Then more of the same with ramping up the throttle.  So even though they might 'go live', it is unlikely that it will be at 100% of their payments volume.  The ramp up might take days,  weeks, or months...  that depends on their confidence and any teething issues.

This news is awesome and unlike some,  I think we can absolutely take Brad at exactly his word.  I wonder where he had previously said it...  he mentioned he had....  but perhaps that was into the bathroom mirror.   :) 

You still take Brad at exactly his word? Lol. Brad's word is worth very little these days... 

Edited by AlvaroXRP