xrpmommy

Ripple CEO: Expect dozens of banks to use our cryptocurrency...CNBC

9 minutes ago, xrpmommy said:

Holy $hit! Can’t watch this yet as I’m in a meeting. That’s the most bullish thing I’ve ever heard (well I haven’t actually heard it yet) him say!!

11 minutes ago, XRPHornets said:

To paraphrase Brad at 43 secs in

”.... I have every confidence that this calendar year major banks will be using Xrapid as a liquidity tool”

”....by the end of next year that number will be orders of magnitude more , dozens of banks “

That’s the first time I’ve heard him state that so clearly .

That's what I thought! This is incredibly straight forward and clear, really took me by surprise! But a good one :)

I'm so bullish (even more) right now!

That’s very promising what BG reveals. Right now only a few companies are fully on xRapid (Cuallix). I’d like to see the effect of xrp adoptation by those major banks , and I’m very interested to see what that would mean for the xrp price. 

If it’s indeed within this calenderyear that these major banks would adopt xrp fully, I’d expect that it will have huge impact on xrp price. it’s in Ripples best interest to climb to a higher xrp price. End of dec 2017 I made a 10 dollar xrp prediction by end of dec 2018, I’m still holding on to that! 

Edited by Moriarty

As a developer it's very hard to see how any bank will be able to go into production using xRapid this year. Heck, Cuallix are not yet live and they are a small FI that did a pilot 7-8 months ago.. But it's nice if they can get even one bank to at least go into production with xRapid, of course with smaller volumes. Besides, after the cat out of the bag fiasco I don't really take BG's word that seriously. Same goes to Asheesh. Probably David and Nik are the two guys that I can trust as they've proven to be perfectly honest.

Just now, iLeeT said:

As a developer it's very hard to see how any bank will be able to go into production using xRapid this year. Heck, Cuallix are not yet live and they are a small FI that did a pilot 7-8 months ago.. But it's nice if they can get even one bank to at least go into production with xRapid, of course with smaller volumes. Besides, after the cat out of the bag fiasco I don't really take BG's word that seriously. Same goes to Asheesh. Probably David and Nik are the two guys that I can trust as they've proven to be perfectly honest.

Well if we are a few days away from xRapid being out of beta, then why not production this year?

Personally, I think banks are already trialing it. I've seen the video now. This is huge news!

5 minutes ago, djdhrubs said:

Well if we are a few days away from xRapid being out of beta, then why not production this year?

Personally, I think banks are already trialing it. I've seen the video now. This is huge news!

xRapid, the product itself - yes. But this needs to be integrated/implemented into the bank's system. You have testing periods, pilots, regulation certainty etc. Maybe some of these steps are already in place for some of the banks - if that's the case then definitely we can see some production usage until the end of the year, but seeing the low volume in the past months I have my doubts. Sure, pilots are using less money for transfers, but if you want to be sure that something works as expected you need to do a bit of performance testing/real-world scenarios.. e.g. pump up the volume

17 minutes ago, DD_XRP said:

Holy $hit! Can’t watch this yet as I’m in a meeting. That’s the most bullish thing I’ve ever heard (well I haven’t actually heard it yet) him say!!

19 minutes ago, Moriarty said:

That’s very promising what BG reveals. Right now only a few companies are fully on xRapid (Cuallix). I’d like to see the effect of xrp adoptation by those major banks , and I’m very interested to see what that would mean for the xrp price. 

If it’s indeed within this calenderyear that these major banks would adopt xrp fully, I’d expect that it will have huge impact on xrp price. it’s in Ripples best interest to climb to a higher xrp price. End of dec 2017 I made a 10 dollar xrp prediction by end of dec 2018, I’m still holding on to that! 

There you have it...I believe we are in the calm before the storm!