Mmonriver

Would anyone sell all your XRP?

A wise investor sets their exit strategy. Usually you should sell some at a modest price, more when the price goes even higher and then have a few remaining in case the price goes absurdly high. Selling and taking profit is the right thing to do. Besides, you can always reinvest that profit back into XRP when the price tanks (again). 

11 minutes ago, lucid99 said:

A wise investor sets their exit strategy. Usually you should sell some at a modest price, more when the price goes even higher and then have a few remaining in case the price goes absurdly high. Selling and taking profit is the right thing to do. Besides, you can always reinvest that profit back into XRP when the price tanks (again). 

This sounds like a strategy devised by someone who has little understanding of Internet money. With all due respect.

Once or if  it hits a certain value that I have in mind I'm out all of them sold, I'm out to make my life easier! However I have a stash for my kids that will remain that I would watch and manage for 10 + years . 

41 minutes ago, lucid99 said:

There are no valid predictions, just curious to understand what YOU consider

- modest

- higher

- absurd.

Thanks

For all you folks speculating on the future value keep in mind that XRP is a deflationary asset. Means it will keep up with inflation. Also if it became the mose liquid asset potentialy more liquid than US treasuries you could just use it as collateral to borrow money at very low interest rates. So I envision a future where I don't have to sell even 1 of my XRP but would loan it out to get income.

6 hours ago, Mmonriver said:

Hi all,

Random question i know. Please don't confuse this as FUD and I am not wanting to spread any sell rumours, but do so if you want. It's your own choice. 

My personal opinion - I don't think I can ever sell all my XRP,  no matter the price. I don't think I could ever go down under 1000 XRP. I'd miss this forum and the journey too much.

So the question is, if the price reaches your personal target, are you selling all your XRP and saying thank you and goodbye? Congratulations if so, or, are you always going to keep a little XRP to always be involved?

Yeah doesn't everyone wants stuff???  Mansions - lambos, yachts - you cant just have fun just looking at your xrp balance on your phone.  I'll use them to buy stuff. 

6 hours ago, Trickery said:

I'm waiting for the day when I won't need to sell any XRP because they will be worth more than fiat and more liquid in any transaction anywhere in the world.

best point made on this thread!

I do plan to sell around 50-80% of my holdings in the next 3-5 years, as long as the price has made some significant upward movement > $20. It'll be a scale-out move, exchanging 7% every 6 months or so, again, depending on price.

I also hold hope that my XRP asset can be utilised in a smarter way than just selling it to buy Fiat. No idea what that entails, but perhaps a simple idea is basketing it up as collateral to back some sort of interest-earning loan. The person who designs that mechanism/system/product is probably still in kindergarten at the moment so I might need to stick around a while longer till they arrive in the financial space.