Atomic1221

SBI VC Launch with xRapid *ON JUNE 4th 2018* is going to send us to new ATH

1 minute ago, Javim777 said:

In think Coinbase rumours not SBI, that caused the bull run.

Anyway, Sbi vc is good for the ecosystem and liquity. Imo the effects will be in the long term. 

Not on the 27th. That was SBI rumor I linked to in my OP. Coinbase sent us from ~$2 to $3.80 which was a slightly later. 

Again causation does not equate correlation. But the date when the $1 to $2 compounding gains started was the date this news came out and this news immediately preceded the beginning of the gains. 

I think its a rewarding exercise to find the days with largest gains/start a bull streak, and compare the moments after news comes out and find out which news catalyzed what change. You'll notice that it usually takes around an hour for the news to break through the bots trying to take profits right after the news because of exchange price discrepancies. Some exchanges lead the way in price changes and others follow. It depends on the exchange itself, the location, the type of news, and the time of day. I can't really say any of this is definitive but its interesting nonetheless especially when the timeframe involved in crypto is so so much less and speculation is the main driver of growth.  

SBI VC is not a bank. It will provide liquidity and payment rails. 

3 minutes ago, Moonraker said:

Can someone explain what this means in terms of these banks actually using Xrapid? 

I thought banks aren't allowed to use cryptos until regulations aren't in place.

3 minutes ago, Atomic1221 said:

Not on the 27th. That was SBI rumor I linked to in my OP. Coinbase sent us from ~$2 to $3.80 which was a slightly later. 

Again causation does not equate correlation. But the date when the $1 to $2 compounding gains started was the date this news came out and this news immediately preceded the beginning of the gains. 

I think its a rewarding exercise to find the days with largest gains/start a bull streak, and compare the moments after news comes out and find out which news catalyzed what change. You'll notice that it usually takes around an hour for the news to break through the bots trying to take profits right after the news because of exchange price discrepancies. Some exchanges lead the way in price changes and others follow. It depends on the exchange itself, the location, the type of news, and the time of day. I can't really say any of this is definitive but its interesting nonetheless especially when the timeframe involved in crypto is so so much less and speculation is the main driver of growth.  

Anyway, I am investor like you, hope for price apprciation. I try to keep my expectation Low, correlation with bitcoin still here. Until we break free there is no logic behind price movements.

Nobody wants XRP to succeed more than me, however, I'm pessimistic about the rocket ship at this point. Volumes are low, Bitcoin is ******* into the wind and overall market sentiment is bearish. However, this is crypto so who knows, maybe the FOMO is real and we will be at $480 EOY.

I'll drink to that!

Edited by Guest

Msg on sbi VC website:

Dear Customer,

Regarding the start of our service, we are sorry that we will keep you waiting long.

We will send you a notice of address confirmation notice posted for the customer who applied for the advance reservation account opening application and completed the examination before accepting general account opening.

After that, to customers who can confirm receipt of the postcard, we will ship account opening notice one after another.

(Please check this out for details.)

Regarding general account opening reception, we will announce you again on our official website once preparation is completed. We appreciate your patience as we wait for a while.

what does it mean , are they opening up or still waiting 

@Atomic1221

Also I would like to pin point on one thing.I don’t knw it just a coincidence or what. 

Sbi going live - 4 th June in 3 hr according to post and Coinbase is going under maintance in approx 6 hr . 

Is there is something connected between these and ripple. 

Last time when Coinbase added bitcoin cash it went under maintanence and come  back with BCH . 

Any thoughts ?

51 minutes ago, Javim777 said:

Anyway, I am investor like you, hope for price apprciation. I try to keep my expectation Low, correlation with bitcoin still here. Until we break free there is no logic behind price movements.

You're right. But something has to catalyze this change right? Wouldn't this "something" that breaks the cycle be a driver of price in and of itself?

The event that directly causes us to break free of BTC correlation and illogical price movement will have to be the first instance of logic price movement. 

It's risky business predicting what will be the driver of a new trend. And maybe even harder to see that new trend while it's just happening. But if anything on the plate for happening this year is going to hit a home run for us, this is it.

Tempered hopes and expectations. Tempered hopes and expectations.  

Edited by Atomic1221

21 hours ago, Trendkill said:

I don't know man. I feel like we're blowing this thing up like we blow up everything every time. Hopefully I'm wrong but so far we get all hopped up about stuff like this and not a blip of movement occurs with price. Hoping to be pleasantly surprised but not going to hold my breath. My cards are on the table so if something happens I've made my play.

Agreed.. I'm a little bit sceptical too, haven't the postcards for registration have only just gone out in Japan, as in last Thursday or Friday?

Surely they'd like to get the postcards back, enter the respondents' details, perform the KYC/ATML checks and once sufficient numbers have been registered and contacted with provisional login details, they would then announce a 'doors open' date?? Just a thought.. I could be wrong, I have been in the past.. ;)

***EDIT***

And it looks like I'm wrong again!! It appears, upon further research, that the postcards are for postal address confirmation for those that are already registered..

Edited by emelen73
because I was wrong..