Jump to content
Sio2yH2O

Santander bank uses Ripple (XRP) for 50% of International Transfers

Recommended Posts

8 minutes ago, Mr_Cambridge said:

But you have to use an intermediary bank, and the funds trapped worldwide is money the banks can use once they tap into xRapid. And the savings are better. 

The messaging taps into cryptographic signatures, so I'm a little confused as to why you're saying it isn't blockchain tech, especially when XRP thru xRapid can connect - interchangeable / interoperable. 

Graine has demonstrated a negative view of Ripple's communications/marketing, as well as their overall strategy/timeline re XRP in my experience, but i'd defer to him on the tech side of things

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Mr_Cambridge said:

But you have to use an intermediary bank,

No, you don't. You have to specifically set the software to connect two banks ledgers. Then the magic happens. 
The only drawback is a trapped capital, though the amounts are much lesser due to the speed of settlement. 

Edited by Graine

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, xrpmeplease said:

Graine has demonstrated a negative view of Ripple's communications/marketing, as well as their overall strategy/timeline re XRP in my experience, but i'd defer to him on the tech side of things

Some people should stick with the technical side of things.  And some people should stop trying to second guess Brad and team.  Cracks me up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
3 minutes ago, Graine said:

No, you don't. You have to specifically set the software to connect two banks ledgers. Then the magic happens. 
The only drawback is a trapped capital, though the amounts are much lesser due to the speed of settlement. 

I was going off of this. 

https://ripple.com/solutions/process-payments/

Also, some times I think you're Jed, or someone very close to the beginning of things...?

Edited by Guest

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Graine said:

No, you don't. You have to specifically set the software to connect two banks ledgers. Then the magic happens. 
The only drawback is a trapped capital, though the amounts are much lesser due to the speed of settlement. 

So what benefit do you see with xRapid over xCurrent? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Mr_Cambridge said:

I was going off of this. 

https://ripple.com/solutions/process-payments/

Also, some times I think you're Jed, or someone very close to the beginning of things...?

#misleadingmarketing. 

If only I had 1/10th of his xrp, I'd be warming my bones on a mediterranean cruise month after month. 

But - unfortunately for Ripple's marketing department - I'm not, and I'm very boring towards the specifics of XRP use. Don't want my money to be zipzap'ed. Again. 

 

 

27 minutes ago, Raz said:

So what benefit do you see with xRapid over xCurrent? 

1. No need for capital allocation. 

2. Fast settlement. 

3. Automatic compliance in the target markets, without having to pay the fees. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
16 minutes ago, Graine said:

#misleadingmarketing. 

If only I had 1/10th of his xrp, I'd be warming my bones on a mediterranean cruise month after month. 

But - unfortunately for Ripple's marketing department - I'm not, and I'm very boring towards the specifics of XRP use. Don't want my money to be zipzap'ed. Again. 

 

 

1. No need for capital allocation. 

2. Fast settlement. 

3. Automatic compliance in the target markets, without having to pay the fees. 

Well, wishing you healthy returns so that you may enjoy the Mediterranean sun on a cruise, month after month. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Hodlezerper said:

For the love of god stop posting articles by oracle times. 

sure thing... i did think this was the press section and they were of value,  the fact that Ethereum World News posted an almost identical article with the very same title and it did spark some conversation. 

but ..... welll .... i guess, after all is said and done ,,, you are so much more thoughtful and important than me what with your experience and bronze forum status... it's your opinion alone that matters,,,,, sooooo  I'll adhere to your request. I bow into the greatness of your wisdom and apologize for the disdain I've brought upon youre thought process.

Edited by Sio2yH2O

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Graine said:

1. No need for capital allocation. 

2. Fast settlement. 

3. Automatic compliance in the target markets, without having to pay the fees. 

So I think my next logical question is this, “If you were the president of a bank that uses larger banks, due to their access to SWIFT, for international transfers would you prefer xRapid or xCurrent?” I only ask because sometimes your posts really give me pause and I’m trying to derive the fundamental value of xRapid.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Raz said:

So I think my next logical question is this, “If you were the president of a bank that uses larger banks, due to their access to SWIFT, for international transfers would you prefer xRapid or xCurrent?” I only ask because sometimes your posts really give me pause and I’m trying to derive the fundamental value of xRapid.

It's not about what a CEO would 'prefer'. Da Silva answered that question quite eloquently during Swell. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please change the tiltle of this post.....its completly misleading.

There are many articles, press releases and threads in this forum about Santanders progress with Ripple (which is great news), but using xrp for 50% of transfers is not one of them.

Will it happen at some point? I believe so ?, but until there are facts and a credible source to back it up, these statements dont help anyone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Graine said:

It's not about what a CEO would 'prefer'. Da Silva answered that question quite eloquently during Swell. 

I’m trying to locate that interview. Would you point me in the right direction please? I’m willing to do my research and I could use a little direction. 

P.S. is that Paula da Silva or Matthew de silva? I’m guessing you are referring to Paula as that matches your spelling of the last name?

Edited by Raz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ShadowElite said:

Please change the tiltle of this post.....its completly misleading.

There are many articles, press releases and threads in this forum about Santanders progress with Ripple (which is great news), but using xrp for 50% of transfers is not one of them.

Will it happen at some point? I believe so ?, but until there are facts and a credible source to back it up, these statements dont help anyone.

No.

the post title is simply the article title, it was not changed in any way shape or form. If you'd like the post title changed please contact both oracle and ethereum world news and have them change the article title. it was a press release backed up by another press release on a completely different site with almost an identical title and similar information. nothing was added or deleted by me. if you take issue with any facet of the article take it up with the writers of both articles.

You've got 12 posts my friend.... please don't start off your XRP Chat participation by being a tool. the ignore list for many on here is long.

Oddly.... has it not occurred to you that these two articles, with similar titles, are possibly marketing efforts by ripple's marketing team and as such should be promoted? Of course not you are to busy criticizing  me for simply posting positive articles, from at least reasonably credible sites, touting the potential recent implimentation of XRP in the press section of the XRP price and speculation Forum.  Go figure.  

Edited by Sio2yH2O

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Graine said:


The only drawback is a trapped capital, though the amounts are much lesser due to the speed of settlement. 

What are the Opportunity Costs of Nostro/Vostro Accounts (trapped capital)? Which of these could be used to generate more profits? 

Value of XRP to banks is therefore equal to the trapped capital + the value of the profit that trapped capital would otherwise turn when put to work elsewhere...yes or no?

Edited by Mars

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Sio2yH2O said:

No.

the post title is simply the article title, it was not changed in any way shape or form. If you'd like the post title changed please contact both oracle and ethereum world news and have them change the article title. it was a press release backed up by another press release on a completely different site with almost an identical title and similar information. nothing was added or deleted by me. if you take issue with any facet of the article take it up with the writers of both articles.

You've got 12 posts my friend.... please don't start off your XRP Chat participation by being a tool. the ignore list for many on here is long.

Oddly.... has it not occurred to you that these two articles, with similar titles, are possibly marketing efforts by ripple's marketing team and as such should be promoted? Of course not you are to busy criticizing  me for simply posting positive articles, from at least reasonably credible sites, touting the potential recent implimentation of XRP in the press section of the XRP price and speculation Forum.  Go figure.  

No stress man.....i dont have an issue with you or the information in the article. 

Its just that the title Oracle Times have clearly given it a clickbait title (by including XRP) which is stretching things a bit far.

For the record, im bullish as hell on XRP ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...