orcablue

><RP Symbol Vote

2 hours ago, scoobysi said:

notably the leather one is back but only at 200 or so when it was 600 before so could be some dodgy votes but would like an explanation as it being absent for a few hours does make it unfair as much as false voting?

8 hours ago, WhentheBoat_ComesIn said:

I’m cynical by nature so would not be surprised in the slightest but what makes you so certain?

It's just that if you want to remove all doubt then the vote should be conducted differently. Optics matter. In my opinion this is an illegitimate way for the public to choose an XRP symbol therefore the results are illegitimate even if the voting wasn't rigged. 

Yeah I made a big Reddit post a couple weeks back stating that a panel of judges should be elected, many people agreed, and now they come out with the crappiest way to vote possible. Not only that, but how can it be considered fair? My submission that has been in their system for weeks isnt even listed. I submitted 4 symbols and they put up my suckiest one and nixed the rest. And the best one was the first one I submitted! My best one isnt even up and it was pretty popular on Reddit...

This bas been a flop. Horribly organized.

Oh, but the organizers symbol is up of course...

Oh hey if anybody wants to choose the symbol for the soon to be most historically significant symbol in financial world history, feel free to use a bunch of VPNs and vote spam the hell out of your choice. That is how secure this is... : P Lame. (Please dont actually do that).

I am stressing about this too much considering Ripples sumbission will clearly be the winner... But its the principal of the matter.

I should just take comfort in that I have a nice bag of XRP. Worrying about anything else is vanity.

That being said.. It is an incredibly important decision, too much so to be handled so amateurly. I dont really care that mine is picked as much as I care the the correct choice is made.

While I am not a fan of how Ripples submission comes out when handwritten, in digital it is sexy as hell.  Probably the best in that regard. So I could live with it.

Anyway, this voting system was a lazy and careless execution and I would venture to say intentional negligence.

I mean... He opened the submissions up for voting before even listing all of the submissions, allowing a head start for many of them.

Edited by Trader-to-the-Crown

sounds like they'll be doing a shortlist for a second round of voting at least. So that does address my previous time absent gripe presuming the leather one makes it. Actually voted elsewhere now anyway but didn't like the flawed survey potential.