Lamberth

Opinion of a professional risk manager. How I stopped worring and learned to love crypto

6 hours ago, Lamberth said:

And the very last. Some at the Forum are waiting for crypto to change their lives and talking about “now” and “after”. Don’t. Start living now. Think about your holdings as any other investment. Take profits when you reached your targets (which could differ for all of us because we had different entry points, different initial investments and different expectations). Play a long game, life is a game of chess, not checkers.

https://www.reddit.com/r/financialindependence/comments/58j8pc/build_the_life_you_want_then_save_for_it/

5 hours ago, jtusa said:

Great post, thank you!

It is sad to read that a young man made early retirement his main goal in life. I wonder why anybody would do that. Your 40s - ok, fine, could be a mid-life crysis but early 20s? I can’t comprehend.

Nice post.

On a side note: That film with Nick Leeson and Bearings was a mad one, he moved to West Ireland after that.

**** that kind of pressure, I only put in what I know I wont cry about if I lose, that it's my money and responsibility. ?

20 hours ago, Lamberth said:

My personal “top investment of the last week” was a bunch of board games I bought for my daughter.

My "top investment" recently was an Atari 2600 Woody. It has provenance with a sticker dating it to 5 March 1981. Unfortunately my personality profile is "all in" and i've ended up with 5 2600 consoles in as many weeks

3 hours ago, Tayto said:

Nice post.

On a side note: That film with Nick Leeson and Bearings was a mad one, he moved to West Ireland after that.

**** that kind of pressure, I only put in what I know I wont cry about if I lose, that it's my money and responsibility. ?

And what does he do in Ireland? Memoirs?