Tehol_Beddict

IMF today: “crypto assets have slashed the time it takes for cross-border payments to reach their destination from days to seconds” Currencies Direct: “seconds, compared to the 3 to 5 days”

1 minute ago, Hodor said:

IMO statements like this exemplify how irrational the crypto markets can be when ascribing value. 

XRP should be clearly at the #1 spot on CMC right now

You're right about that....Hopefully that'll happen SOON

11 minutes ago, Hodor said:

IMO statements like this exemplify how irrational the crypto markets can be when ascribing value. 

I think you are being kind with your words. I would say this market is either evil or incompetent. Meaning intentionally valued this way or people are so stupid they can’t see past the ramblings of their masters on social media and/or the news.

XRP will be number one soon enough. ?

See you all at the Vegas party? ?

21 minutes ago, Raz said:

I think you are being kind with your words. I would say this market is either evil or incompetent. Meaning intentionally valued this way or people are so stupid they can’t see past the ramblings of their masters on social media and/or the news.

A major part of the problem is the lack of liquidity right now. You can see this in action over the past couple hours when everything in near lock step fell over a minor cliff again, just as it did over this past weekend and many times through the first part of this year. The low volume of quality trading puts all assets in a position to be easily manipulated by bots controlling an outsized portion of the entire market which can bounce several percentage points off the price of your token of choice and suck up whatever shakes loose before having to let it creep back up again. When the fabled and lusted for Institutional Money(TM) arrives to take over as the core driver of the market and the manipulators have their influence finally put down, their consolation prize will be a giant haul of wealth.

3 minutes ago, DanB said:

I'm finding it harder and harder to focus on my day-to-day responsibilities.

I’m having exactly the same.  In the beginning I began actually spending money way easier than before with the thought “ who cares, with XRP I will be a millionaire anyway”. 

Still: both attitudes have some real dangers in it, so I’m back on earth now, can’t ignore the responsibilities I have.

But yes, the day will come! 

45 minutes ago, Hodor said:

No worries. Pretty soon the crypto market and its emotional investors will no longer be able to fight XRP’s rise to number 1.

8 minutes ago, DanB said:

Then I look at wallet statistics at ledger.exposed, and realize - oh. There's only that many people who hold more XRP than I?

You should think of the (how many?) billions of XRP some exchanges hold. I think you underestimate how many of the people's holdings are in one single address held by an exchange. 

Anyway, ledger.exposed gives some kind of an estimate I guess.

8 minutes ago, Skippy said:

You should think of the (how many?) billions of XRP some exchanges hold. I think you underestimate how many of the people's holdings are in one single address held by an exchange. 

Anyway, ledger.exposed gives some kind of an estimate I guess.

I think anybody worth their salt in XRP has transferred to a wallet. I'd bet a good portion of hodlers with greater than 10k XRP use proper methods of storage. I could be wrong, but that's my guess.

But, you're right - it's an estimate.

Edited by DanB
Toning down my assumptions