JCCollins

The Final Phase of Desperation

Great article. It is not possible to predict the future but just based on the progress made lately, what is your prognosis, will the system evolve into something new in a matter of few years or do you predict the shift in 10-20 years (or even 20+)?

Edited by Lamberth

Awesome read, thanks!  Admittedly, I need to set aside some time and read through your previous posts.  Based on this post it sounds like I need to rethink my strategy of liquidating up to 90% of my XRP into USD's.  The plan was to use the USD's to invest in passive income focused investments.  If I understand you correctly, you are anticipating a significant devaluation of the USD.  To what degree to you envision this over the next 3, 10, 30 years?  

58 minutes ago, aavkk said:

Awesome read, thanks!  Admittedly, I need to set aside some time and read through your previous posts.  Based on this post it sounds like I need to rethink my strategy of liquidating up to 90% of my XRP into USD's.  The plan was to use the USD's to invest in passive income focused investments.  If I understand you correctly, you are anticipating a significant devaluation of the USD.  To what degree to you envision this over the next 3, 10, 30 years?  

I have questioned this too, and have started to think that maybe I shouldn't sell XRP to USD when the time(s) are right, but just hold XRP long term.

However, investment advice has always said to never put all eggs in one basket.  Even though exchanging XRP for a healthy stock/bond mixture would probably result in you losing money in the long term if XRP continues to grow, it will provide some diversification to your portfolio.  If USD influence wanes, those companies will still be strong.

Plan for both diversification, and long term holdings as long as the project continues to look bright.

Well a big portion of my passive income plan was real estate for the obvious inflation protection.  This would be balanced with ray dalio's all seasons fund as outlined in "Money: master the game" by Tony Robbins.  Sounds like I need to move my exit #'s up higher and decrease the % of XRP I liquidate a bit.  I'm beginning to understand a bit better the negative consequences of having XRP dominate as a settlement asset and reserve currency.  For us here it would represent a fantastic set of circumstances but not without its challenges.  

10 minutes ago, aavkk said:

The USD has been in a 30 year secular decline...its estimated that by 2022 we will have debt to GDP ratio's in line with many of the problem Eurozone countries...pushing 120%. Interest rate parity over an intermediate to longer term has some predictability behind it but shows that countries with higher yields will generally have weaker currencies going forward. At this point, the US has high yields for a developed nation. Stay tuned.

1 minute ago, XRPonTheIronThrone said:

The USD has been in a 30 year secular decline...its estimated that by 2022 we will have debt to GDP ratio's in line with many of the problem Eurozone countries...pushing 120%. Interest rate parity over an intermediate to longer term has some predictability behind it but shows that countries with higher yields will generally have weaker currencies going forward. At this point, the US has high yields for a developed nation. Stay tuned.

what does all this mean I do not follow

XRP will never take off bc USD will go down?

Just now, mm34505 said:

what does all this mean I do not follow

XRP will never take off bc USD will go down?

No, quite the contrary. If an asset priced in dollars remains constant while the dollar weakens, the asset price appreciates. One example would be oil. If supply and demand for oil were constant and oil markets were in equilibrium (meaning price is stable) but the dollar weakens, oil prices increase because you now need more dollars to purchase the same amount of oil. This is why when inflation picks up in the late stages of an economic cycle, commodity prices take off...they are priced in USD. 

21 minutes ago, aavkk said:

Ask yourself "what goes up when the US dollar goes down ?"

You should have a significant portion of your investments in good ol gold.

28 minutes ago, aavkk said:

@JCCollins I'm interested in your answer to this too! Don't worry, I won't hold you to it & realize you aren't giving investment advice. 

Great article, btw.

Edited by Guest

Great article. It is not possible to predict the future but just based on the progress made lately, what is your prognosis, will the system evolve into something new in a matter of few years or do you predict the shift in 10-20 years (or even 20+)?
Companies can't afford to wait 10 years to adopt. They'll go bankrupt in that time

Interesting take.  I was very impressed with Yuval Noah Harai's books Sapiens and **** Deus which trace the cultural evolution of our species, I expect you have already read them.  The books end with Prof Harari's vision of "dataism" which he envisions as being silently adopted by users of modern utilities and establishing a monocultural new world order.  Everything that has happened in the last year seems to validate Harari, especially what is happening through the roll out of blockchain and Ripple/XRP.  It has an inevitability about it but Harari also points out that change is not pushed by people striving for a better world, it stalks up on us and takes us over whether it makes us happier and more peaceful or not.

47 minutes ago, Lamberth said:

The shift is happening now.  The current system has reached its max capacity to provide liquidity in a sustainable manner.  I would even suggest that the shift began back in 2008.  The new framework is emerging from within the old.  Remnants of the old will linger for a while though.  It will be hard to pinpoint an exact moment of transition, but that really won't matter.  This is less about predictions and more about understanding the most viable and functional method of addressing the unsustainability of the exhausted system.  

55 minutes ago, aavkk said:

Three years 30%+.  Ten years or 30 years won't matter.  Fiat currencies will lose value as cryptos increase in value.  I wouldn't exchange digital for analog when digital capabilities are expanding around the world.