Bulls are returning

On 12/31/2017 at 7:35 AM, RippleNZ said:

This idiot has nothing useful to add. Get rid of him admin. 

Well, that was me on 31 December 2017 in response to @whatAJOKE

I sure swallowed the cool-aid and I don't mind admitting it. I saw XRP going on and on and up and up. I'm not going to humble brag about the potential profits I missed out on, but, it was a fair bit to me. As much as it hurts to say it, ignoring the fudster was a costly error.

I remember looking long and hard at that double top on Jan 3-4 - and eventually concluding "yeah nah, she'll be right". I wanted $5.00.

There were some pretty obvious pointers at the time that it was a spike, not the moon. The most obvious one is that all the science experiments were going like rockets as well. All the boats were going go up on the same tide, and when BTC started to drop, the tide started to turn. In some parts, the tide continued to rise for a while, but inevitably and inexorably, it all went rushing out. XRP left sitting in the mud - but with its hull in tact and the motor running nicely.

I agree the hodl hodl hodl from the turkeys barnyard didn't help, but I can't complain because I was happily crowing  away with the rooster.

So, still here. Haven't sold anything. Still very positive. Ripples a better project now than it was then. Its going forward fast, expanding its use case and is going to suck up all the oxygen in the room.

I bought  below .50 last month and will likely buy some today. What I'm buying now, I will cash out between $5-10 dollars. If its going to $589 (and I can see how it might - ignore the market cap) well I want to still be there. All those girls who ignored me at school - you wait!

I'm on here everyday, looking and listening and sometimes posting. I will stick up for the doom and gloomers if I think they have a point of view. We all should.

All I can say about the next rise is that, if all the coins go roaring off together, I'm going to try and pick the top and sell a third of my stash and buy back in at 30-50% of the high. If XRP makes its own way up, I will sell enough to get the missus off my back like she was this morning when she found out I was buying more! 

1 hour ago, RONai said:

Last three ST Nicks the Ripple employee's have closed their yearly shorts..... that evidence is out there for you to view... 

So any chance you have any evidence for that?  I’d love to see it.  Till then I’m calling BS.  I will eat crow and admit my error if you prove it.  

2 hours ago, Scott said:

Confounding. I don’t care what coin you’re hot for, these 8-10% drops should be like a ringing dinner bell.

LOL, I know what you mean - but then we are talking specfically about XRP here.  I tend not to frequent /r/cryptocurrency much as it's full of numpties who are invested in all kinds of sh!tcoins with zero use-cases.  No wonder they're scared when the market crashes down.  I would be if I were them.  Holding bags of coins with dodgy "teams" and dodgy roadmaps and broken promises and delays and zero partnerships.  Scary.  I held 30 different coins up until end of January.  Made money, but stressful.  I made quite a lot of money out of Xtrabytes.  It got to about 80c at one point - now it's 4c and still no real news or updates....always the patent is pending, just one main developer building the mainnet.  I don't see Snoop Dawg doing a gig for XBY anytime soon.  You just cannot compare those types of projects to XRP. 

Edited by 2ndtimearound

2 hours ago, camxrp said:

The market is a little bit different now than it was several years ago, but ok ?.. again just my opinion.

That's a coy answer.  So you're saying "it's different now", therefore worse than before? We're on an XRP forum here, not Verge or some other hyped sh!tcoin. XRP has come out with incredible news lately.  The current price is irrelevant as it's still tied to the speculative forces that sway BTC.  It's still largely retail-only with super-low volume.  No utility has gone through the ledger, literally only speculative buys and sells. The market isn't a bit different from a few years ago - it's entirely different.  Having said that, I believe there's a hardcore of hodlers at 45c and below....whales have tried to shake their pockets out a few times and failed.  I doubt they will succeed a third time given so many good things are lined up for XRP.

40 minutes ago, 2ndtimearound said:

That's a coy answer.  So you're saying "it's different now", therefore worse than before? We're on an XRP forum here, not Verge or some other hyped sh!tcoin. XRP has come out with incredible news lately.  The current price is irrelevant as it's still tied to the speculative forces that sway BTC.  It's still largely retail-only with super-low volume.  No utility has gone through the ledger, literally only speculative buys and sells. The market isn't a bit different from a few years ago - it's entirely different.  Having said that, I believe there's a hardcore of hodlers at 45c and below....whales have tried to shake their pockets out a few times and failed.  I doubt they will succeed a third time given so many good things are lined up for XRP.

Did you read my first post? I'm hodling Xrp and thankful for all of the good news.

I was joking by understating how it's 'a little bit different' than in years past. Of course, it's entirely different. I shouldn't have to explain why for obvious reasons. Where are you getting that I said that it's worse? I don't believe that we will ever see the amount of senseless hype that we saw in December ever again, but that doesn't mean that I am bearish towards the market. Speculation was fun, but now it's time for crypto to start solving real world problems and I believe some will do so. Until then, I don't see new ath's. 

Edited by camxrp

46 minutes ago, camxrp said:

Did you read my first post? I'm hodling Xrp and thankful for all of the good news.

I was joking by understating how it's 'a little bit different' than in years past. Of course, it's entirely different. I shouldn't have to explain why for obvious reasons. Where are you getting that I said that it's worse? I don't believe that we will ever see the amount of senseless hype that we saw in December ever again, but that doesn't mean that I am bearish towards the market. Speculation was fun, but now it's time for crypto to start solving real world problems and I believe some will do so. Until then, I don't see new ath's. 

Couldn't agree more, sorry for the misunderstanding.  For me investing is about caring what the price is in 12, 24, 36....60 months' time, not today.  I'm excited about the next 5 years - just imagine how much development will happen in that time? It's going to be amazing.  These days we are lucky to have a second chance at buying.  I never thought I would get a "2ndtimearound" - now I've accumulated close to 1% holder value, accumulated in 2018 no less. 

3 hours ago, 2ndtimearound said:

Couldn't agree more, sorry for the misunderstanding.  For me investing is about caring what the price is in 12, 24, 36....60 months' time, not today.  I'm excited about the next 5 years - just imagine how much development will happen in that time? It's going to be amazing.  These days we are lucky to have a second chance at buying.  I never thought I would get a "2ndtimearound" - now I've accumulated close to 1% holder value, accumulated in 2018 no less. 

Totally agree!

10 hours ago, 2ndtimearound said:

We haven't had a bull-run since early January.  The next bull-run will feature institutional investors.  The market will be manipulated while it still can be.  Big institutions will enter at cheap prices.  I don't mind.

The run starts somewhere though. It is not as if there is  green flashing text that goes off and flashes "Institutions have entered bull run now"

At some point the volume has to uptick and hold (you would think) if interest is truly renewed. Even if institutional you would see volume if bought on the open market.

Guess we are still waiting.....vol is so low.

12 hours ago, Mods_are_tyrants said:

The run starts somewhere though. It is not as if there is  green flashing text that goes off and flashes "Institutions have entered bull run now"

At some point the volume has to uptick and hold (you would think) if interest is truly renewed. Even if institutional you would see volume if bought on the open market.

Guess we are still waiting.....vol is so low.

Yes, the run starts somewhere, on that we agree on.  I know it sounds simple to say "the run starts somewhere", but I know what you mean completely.  That there will be another bull run is a cast iron certainty unless we have some kind of WW3-level black swan event.  The blockchain is the future.  XRP is very well positioned in the blockchain ecosystem to say the very least.  If I were holding ANY other crypto, I would be nervous.  When I say blockchain is the future, I am not saying that the 1500+ coins out there have a future.  I doubt more than a dozen do.  XRP is one of them (IMO).

3 minutes ago, 2ndtimearound said:

Yes, the run starts somewhere, on that we agree on.  I know it sounds simple to say "the run starts somewhere", but I know what you mean completely.  That there will be another bull run is a cast iron certainty unless we have some kind of WW3-level black swan event.  The blockchain is the future.  XRP is very well positioned in the blockchain ecosystem to say the very least.  If I were holding ANY other crypto, I would be nervous.  When I say blockchain is the future, I am not saying that the 1500+ coins out there have a future.  I doubt more than a dozen do.  XRP is one of them (IMO).

the ecosystem is under construction, traders are making/losing $ and hodlers are hodling...and Ripple is building ;)

17 minutes ago, xrpmeplease said:

the ecosystem is under construction, traders are making/losing $ and hodlers are hodling...and Ripple is building ;)

Absolutely.  In a classical view, we are taking huge risks as the technology is in development.  In reality, we've been gifted the chance for amazing rewards for the purported high risk.  Of course, there is risk - without risk, we have no reward.  However, it's a rare opportunity when retail investors get in before institutional investors.  We're going to be riding the rocket from its relatively early starting point.

23 hours ago, camxrp said:

Hai letto il mio primo post? Sto scherzando con Xrp e sono grato per tutte le buone notizie.

Stavo scherzando, sottolineando quanto sia "un po 'diverso" rispetto agli anni passati. Certo, è completamente diverso. Non dovrei dover spiegare perché per ovvi motivi. Dove stai ricevendo che ho detto che è peggio? Non credo che vedremo mai la quantità di clamore insensato che abbiamo visto a dicembre, ma ciò non significa che io sia ribassista nei confronti del mercato. La speculazione è stata divertente, ma ora è tempo che crypto inizi a risolvere i problemi del mondo reale e credo che alcuni lo faranno. Fino ad allora, non vedo New Ath's. 

I believe that just in anticipation of a probable use of xrp in the real world, mass investors will be the architects of the beginning a new race of bulls .... this is speculation! I think a 10x is therefore possible ..... I hope

5 hours ago, 2ndtimearound said:

Absolutely.  In a classical view, we are taking huge risks as the technology is in development.  In reality, we've been gifted the chance for amazing rewards for the purported high risk.  Of course, there is risk - without risk, we have no reward.  However, it's a rare opportunity when retail investors get in before institutional investors.  We're going to be riding the rocket from its relatively early starting point.

I like your statement of how it is a rare opportunity when retail investors get in before institutional investors. Tells you how much can be gained still.

5 hours ago, 2ndtimearound said:

And it is easy to forget what a select company we are. Spending time on this forum with so many people who see the golden opportunity here makes you forget that sometimes because these few people are concentrated on these boards. But go out on the street and I bet 99% has never even heard of Ripple and XRP.