SBI VC: 1 week planned maintenance. Are they going to open?

Dario_o

3 minutes ago, Xrated said:

I'm hoping for $10.00 too, but I don't think we'll see that until prices are driven by more than just speculation.

Until then it's just another exchange if you aren't in Japan.

I think speculation based FOMO on bank adoption is our best chance for $10. I don't see if a reason people would actively buy and hold XRP en masse.

2 minutes ago, Mods_are_tyrants said:

I think speculation based FOMO on bank adoption is our best chance for $10. I don't see if a reason people would actively buy and hold XRP en masse.

you don't see XRP being held a store of value if it's use case is realized? -.-

Just now, xrpmeplease said:

you don't see XRP being held a store of value if it's use case is realized? -.-

No, I don't think people will use XRP that way. Maybe there will be a paradigm shift, but think about this logically for a second.

Where would you store value something that is fixed or something that can be diluted? Any of the coins that are fully divested would be a better pick regardless of use, in fact use case hasn't nothing to do with "storage", the key is dilution.

Once all 100 billion XRP are in the market I could see that, but that is a very long way way away from now. 

Just now, Mods_are_tyrants said:

No, I don't think people will use XRP that way. Maybe there will be a paradigm shift, but think about this logically for a second.

Where would you store value something that is fixed or something that can be diluted? Any of the coins that are fully divested would be a better pick regardless of use, in fact use case hasn't nothing to do with "storage", the key is dilution.

Once all 100 billion XRP are in the market I could see that, but that is a very long way way away from now. 

if its used to transfer value, it will hold value, and its logical that people will want to hold it...and yes there are a lot of them and it will take time...and yes, volume.

3 minutes ago, Mods_are_tyrants said:

That's another perspective, we've seen that in December / January so can't rule that out lol.

Prices of Bitcoin is also proof I guess.

I hold ripple and xrp to a higher regard with it's use case and proof of concept.

21 minutes ago, Mods_are_tyrants said:

It's a very valid point and ignoring this would be ignorant, even if I / people disagree with you.

value = xrp?

diluted = price fluctuation?

note: xrp isn't held by companies, but utilize exchanges.

if so,  xrp's currency to fiat exchange being as fast as it is gives it a window of a price range. Within that window the customer still saves when completing the transaction. I would assume this is why 40% - 60%, or what ever it is is claimed on the savings cost.

My perspective anyway.

Edited by Xrated

1 hour ago, Mods_are_tyrants said:

I'm sure people will want to put their money in the "we endlessly delay and do maintenance" website lol. I would touch it!! 

?Sarcasm ?

Right! I'd rather entrust my money with an exchange registered to a Cayman shell account that avoids legal accountability by skirting kyc/aml. I've got this all figured out. 

13 minutes ago, LordVetinari said:

?Sarcasm ?

Right! I'd rather entrust my money with an exchange registered to a Cayman shell account that avoids legal accountability by skirting kyc/aml. I've got this all figured out. 

I'd rather put my money in Coinbase :) the fact is all the exchanges are trash anytime, any moment, a hack or OH CRAP event  could happen that will not happen at Fidelity, T Rowe Price, TD Ameritrade, etc.

You go ahead go open a account cant be any worse than what we have now. I use binance, had poleneix, Gatetrash, Coinbase, Bithub, the only one I ever trusted was Coinbase and even then can't wait to get my money out into a freaking bank!! FDIC insured no worries!!

Edited by Mods_are_tyrants

2 hours ago, Mods_are_tyrants said:

... Coinbase and even then can't wait to get my money out into a freaking bank!!

You hit the nail on the head. SBI is a bank that is opening a VC exchange. The bank is the exchage. Pretty cool! 

Edited by Guest

On ‎5‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 4:59 PM, XRPRJB said:

Good spot. Don't know but it is interesting!

I doubt it will make much difference though. I can honestly see big money being taken from BTC thus forcing the price down for XRP to allow the FI's to grab it up at 15c or some such mad price. The boom is coming but it's a year away yet.

I would LOVE to be wrong though.

i think it will go to 0,006 cause btc will get to 0 ( has no value at all anyway) once xrp takes over...and that will bring xrp down before it goes to the moon,,

On ‎5‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 9:34 PM, youngm said:

Um...YEAH!  My whole tech team would be unemployed if our systems stayed down that long!!

lol yeah, after one week i wouldnt even call it the same system, it means its Dead. We have 24 hours window for maintenance even  if everything burns to the ground and we have to construct new buildings in the process.

I’ve got to be honest and admit that I think there is a chance this could be the opening of SBIVC and that it MIGHT be the start of a climb.  I hope so.  It’s not entirely all just hope...   there is the chance that the CEO is correct and the volume large.  That might be upward price affecting.  

All just hope at the moment but if it isn’t this it WILL be something one day...