SBI VC: 1 week planned maintenance. Are they going to open?

Dario_o

20 hours ago, Ironhalo said:

@DarkInvite I would imagine that it is because the Japanese way is to be spot on when it comes to dates and promises. In the West, we might say 'we hope to have this available early-June.' That sort of vagueness is completely abhorent in Japan. You're talking about a place where a rail company made a NATIONAL APOLOGY for one train leaving TWENTY SECONDS EARLY, and disrupting passenger's expectations. https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/nov/17/japanese-rail-company-apologises-train-20-seconds-early

We'd laugh at this in the West, but that is the culture we are dealing with. For the CEO of SBI to state 'we will be live in summer' and not have it running by 1st of June would represent a distinct loss of face in Japan. A longer maintenance time dedicated to another Japanese trait; perfection of an endeavour, is preferable to a failed promise. I would imagine that they want this time to make sure whatever they have planned is working without error, and you can bet that the CEO himself is keeping a very close rein on the progress.

I hope u r right and that launch takes xrp to new levels ( higher not lower levels..lol)

On 5/28/2018 at 4:59 PM, XRPRJB said:

Good spot. Don't know but it is interesting!

I doubt it will make much difference though. I can honestly see big money being taken from BTC thus forcing the price down for XRP to allow the FI's to grab it up at 15c or some such mad price. The boom is coming but it's a year away yet.

I would LOVE to be wrong though.

I hope you're right but i think its going to be sooner... Sooner.. is that even a word? I dont know im drunk. Point is: selfishly i want more time to gather extra cashflow to get cheap XRP'S, but in all reality by the end of this year its going to boom, this market has been stagnating for a couple of short months, but like all things crypto its not going to last. So get them while its hot.

On 5/29/2018 at 1:52 PM, Scott said:

Not necessarily. Having seen the way the increasingly incompetent/sloppy tech wind has blown over the past decade it could be marketing trying to decide on a typeface change and developers needing a week to repeatedly rebuild live containers for every iteration on kerning adjustment. My StackOverflow irritation may be bleeding into this board.

Oh God the horror....

Also interesting note: 

Recently hacked exchange CoinCheck is due to relaunch it's service under new management in June as well. Maybe SBI is looking to open before that?

17 hours ago, fregatta said:

When Kitao talks about "number 1" he's talking about the exchange, ffs. And talking in domestic terms. He also re-tweets every single article which mentions Ripple or XRP, not sure he even vets the articles - it doesn't mean his personal prediction is 10USD.

Japanese already have plenty of easy JPY/XRP gateways to purchase. Anyone desperate to get it will have no issue already. I think some people are being overly enthusiastic about this.

Yeah I agree. I don't think SBIVC will live up to some of the hype it's been getting. Like you said there are other exchanges that already handle JPY/XRP trading. 

Looking at xrpcharts, Japanese exchange BitBank trading volume is dominating at 20%(0% trading fee sure doesn't hurt...). 

I think for SBIVC to make a large price movement, the volume need to be around the same as BitBank. 

On the other hand, since SBI is already a household name in Japan, maybe it will attract more institutional investors.

Another scenario I can think of is if they incorporate xrp to already existing SBI securities service (I know I know xrp is not security, but hypothetically speaking here).

SBI securities handle about 40% of individual market trades in Japan and hold over 92Billion USD in asset custody.

Imagine if some percentage of that flowed into xrp market...

On 5/29/2018 at 3:39 AM, Ironhalo said:

@DarkInvite I would imagine that it is because the Japanese way is to be spot on when it comes to dates and promises. In the West, we might say 'we hope to have this available early-June.' That sort of vagueness is completely abhorent in Japan. You're talking about a place where a rail company made a NATIONAL APOLOGY for one train leaving TWENTY SECONDS EARLY, and disrupting passenger's expectations. https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/nov/17/japanese-rail-company-apologises-train-20-seconds-early

We'd laugh at this in the West, but that is the culture we are dealing with. For the CEO of SBI to state 'we will be live in summer' and not have it running by 1st of June would represent a distinct loss of face in Japan. A longer maintenance time dedicated to another Japanese trait; perfection of an endeavour, is preferable to a failed promise. I would imagine that they want this time to make sure whatever they have planned is working without error, and you can bet that the CEO himself is keeping a very close rein on the progress.

With this logic in mind, I can’t see the CEO of such a large Japanese company launching its new exchange until the 21st June (This is the start of Summer in the northern hemisphere).

4 hours ago, GalaxyRipple said:

With this logic in mind, I can’t see the CEO of such a large Japanese company launching its new exchange until the 21st June (This is the start of Summer in the northern hemisphere).

It may be the 1st June, it may be 21st June or it may be later, I don't really care (although the earliest date is preferable for most of us) as long as it happens. If it also coincides with xRapid going live then I will be one very happy holder of XRP.

Another scenario I can think of is if they incorporate xrp to already existing SBI securities service

From my understanding, that's the plan. Existing customers, we're talking millions of existing customers, already plugged into SBI will be presented with access to the SBI exchage services. 

No making new accounts, no 3rd party verification, no external transfers, just click a few boxes to authorize integration like authorization for online banking services to a checking or savings account. 

It's not that other exchanges don't exist, its that SBI is bringing an exchange to their existing customers. They're removing the middle men and the need to transfer fiunds and assets to a 3rd party. 

Imagine if you could buy xrp directly from your bank. I know I would! A hell of a lot easier than floating money all over the planet. 

Edited by Guest

3 minutes ago, LordVetinari said:

From my understanding, that's the plan. Existing customers, we're talking millions of existing customers, already plugged into SBI will be presented with access to the SBI exchage services. 

No making new accounts, no 3rd party verification, just click a few boxes to authorize integration like authorization for online banking services to a checking or savings account. 

It's not that other exchanges don't exist, its that SBI is bringing an exchange to their existing customers. They're removing the middle men and the need to transfer fiunds and assets to a 3rd party. 

What i'm hoping to see from SBI VC when it opens is custodial services for institutional investors, that's the game changer imo...

49 minutes ago, xrp_py said:

Well it's just past 3AM Friday morning in Japan. The SBI 5-day maintenance is supposed to end at 7AM. Anyone have any updates?

Just came here post the same thing. Fingers crossed maintenance went well and $100,000,000,000+ of investment capital is ready to pour in (a pickle can dream) ;) 

On 1/3/2016 at 1:35 AM, RDS said:

Hi Guys,

Just need your advice. How many xrp's should one buy (apart from answer as many as possible ) in order to expect a good result...?

Lets put it in another way. How many would you buy if investment capital is not a big concern.. (assuming you have $50k in ur savings ) ...?

I already own bit more than a million xrp and just wondering if they are sufficient or I should buy more. I have around $50 k in savings ..

This post makes me laugh so hard.