SBI VC: 1 week planned maintenance. Are they going to open?

Dario_o

1 minute ago, fiik said:

optimistic I like

I'm generally have a "glass half-full" outlook. However, in this instance it is a case of "realism" over "optimism". Given greater use/purchase of XRP will increase price and given the volume of Customers on the SBI VC platform, I think that when it goes live a price increase for XRP is inevitable.

When Kitao talks about "number 1" he's talking about the exchange, ffs. And talking in domestic terms. He also re-tweets every single article which mentions Ripple or XRP, not sure he even vets the articles - it doesn't mean his personal prediction is 10USD.

Japanese already have plenty of easy JPY/XRP gateways to purchase. Anyone desperate to get it will have no issue already. I think some people are being overly enthusiastic about this.

Edited by fregatta

Doesnt matter when SBI opens. This will not move the value of XRP by much. Remember in january we were told XRP was being added on DMM site on japan and we were told its one of the biggest with millions of users and bigger than coinbase etc. NOTHING HAPPENED to value of xrp. Didnt move up $0.01. We must concentrate on the bigger picture, global adoption and not these individual guys who will tell you they are going to be number 1 etc because thats just marketing

14 hours ago, Ironhalo said:

Punctuality. I cannot stress how much this means in Japan. If the CEO of SBI says 'we will be live by summer', it will literally mean the day of the turn of the season. I have no doubt that they are working nearly 24-7 to achieve this by Friday. The big question is, is this a routine maintenance, or is it XRapid going live?

13 hours ago, Ironhalo said:

For the CEO of SBI to state 'we will be live in summer' and not have it running by 1st of June would represent a distinct loss of face in Japan.

I found these statements quite ironic, seeing how SBI VC originally was announced to be live by Spring, then Summer... of 2017. 
And Kitao still wears his face. So no loss. 

Though someone should monitor what articles he retweets regarding XRP

21 minutes ago, Graine said:

I found these statements quite ironic, seeing how SBI VC originally was announced to be live by Spring, then Summer... of 2017. 
And Kitao still wears his face. So no loss. 

Though someone should monitor what articles he retweets regarding XRP

That was before the major hack to the Japanese exchange. The precautions they took were necessary because of that, among other (G20) things. 

Besides, we can get an idea of what's happening here. More exchanges list XRP, direct Fiat purchases, more businesses and FIs on the horizon, piloting etc.

I believe there is a possibility that SBI could begin to decouple us from Bitcoin. They're playing it smart. No loss of face in what makes sense...

Edited by Guest

I'm looking forward to the launch of the SBI Virtual Currencies Exchange and seeing if they have a considerable impact on the price of XRP. I don't think they will, but who knows.

I have always viewed XRP as a long-term investment and never expected the price of a single XRP to gain a much higher trading price valuation in the short term. It's going to take a tremendous amount of volume to get the price of XRP to the high price points I see many individuals mentioning all over this forum and elsewhere and I do not see that happening without some serious level of adoption which could potentially take a very long time to happen. I will hold my main stash of XRP until the price hits at least 500+ U.S. dollars. I don't care about making little money from my investments. All I care about is making the type of money that enables me to never have to work again (so I'm after the millions). I will reassess my investment in XRP in the next 5 - 7 years. And if by then the price of XRP has not reached 500+ U.S. dollars, only then would I sell all my XRP.

Edited by 1Ton

Kitao is so confident that the exchange will be "Number one in the blink of an eye" I think there will be more fuel to the fire when they do go live. 

Making a major announcement about a household name or a bank etc using XRP/xRapid or even clarity with regulation would turn heads of their existing customers leading some of them to jump in.

Not sure that it will happen on Friday but I do hope so.

18 minutes ago, invest2lose said:

no one knows which piece of news will trigger a bull run but eventually one will. sort of like escrow situation. some people thought that would do nothing to the price, but look what happened.

I don't think that had anything to do with Escrow. It seemed to me like insider trading... and a lot of FOMO

Edited by iLeeT

21 minutes ago, iLeeT said:

I don't think that had anything to do with Escrow. It seemed to me like insider trading... and a lot of FOMO

Yeah I'm a little iffy on that connection as well. It definitely helped XRP in terms of percentage of total gains but with the whole market moving simultaneously up to almost $800bil-ish total market cap, that is a huge influx of cash into the broader market to be completely due to XRP escrow.