Cash out points?

I’ve read a topic like this a little while back.  

What is everyones cashout/sell points?

i think I will sell:

5-10% ($10)

5-10% ($25)

5-10% ($60)

5-10% ($100)

50% ($200)

save the rest for a long time to see where it goes. 

Edited by Milly238

10 hours ago, Milly238 said:

I’ve read a topic like this a little while back.  

What is everyones cashout/sell points?

i think I will sell:

5-10% ($10)

5-10% ($25)

5-10% ($60)

5-10% ($100)

50% ($200)

save the rest for a long time to see where it goes. 

more than likely, all of this planning will go out the window once/if the price actually gets that high. imagine the price skyrockets to $100... then drops in one day to $50. are you willing to hold as you watch your paper profits drop? Then the next day it drops to $45, then $40, then $20. it could happen. the higher the price, the more volatile the action. 

I think it will all depend on how quickly the price is moving at those points. If it goes from $10 to $30 in a couple of weeks will you still sell at $30? Or will the instant climb psychologically change you? Many people will say "well it went from $10 to $30, why can't it go to $50 in another 2 weeks?" However, if sits sideways for a while at $20, many people might say "okay now is the time because it isn't climbing that much anymore". 

Since at that point you are playing with house money, how many people will let greed keep them at the gambling table rather than taking their chips and running? 

It will definitely be a pretty good insight and perhaps valuable to study later on 

Edited by Guest

Up to 50% once that amount gets me a relatively bare bones retirement. Freedom is my goal, and I value that much more than a lambo or some other vain goal (not that it wouldn't be fun....just irresponsible unless you have many millions).

This of course depends on how we get there. Speed, news, developments, life situation, etc.

At $5 sell enough to get my original investment out and then sell small percentages on the way up and hold 50% for at least 5 years to see how it all plays out. Once my original investment is out, I’m using the houses money so I’ll just let it ride and take small profits.

1 minute ago, PriceIsRight said:

At $5 sell enough to get my original investment out and then sell small percentages on the way up and hold 50% for at least 5 years to see how it all plays out. Once my original investment is out, I’m using the houses money so I’ll just let it ride and take small profits.

Not a bad idea!

41 minutes ago, FixnUrPowerline said:

I think it will all depend on how quickly the price is moving at those points. If it goes from $10 to $30 in a couple of weeks will you still sell at $30? Or will the instant climb psychologically change you? Many people will say "well it went from $10 to $30, why can't it go to $50 in another 2 weeks?" However, if sits sideways for a while at $20, many people might say "okay now is the time because it isn't climbing that much anymore". 

Since at that point you are playing with house money, how many people will let greed keep them at the gambling table rather than taking their chips and running? 

It will definitely be a pretty good insight and perhaps valuable to study later on 

Yeah my selling points would mean I sell once it hits that price point or goes above.  I wouldn’t (in theory) allow myself to question if it’ll continue to go up higher etc.