NewbieXRP

$100 Per XRP

6 hours ago, Talinos said:

That would directly goes against the newbie advice : Buy the rumors - sell the facts.

You mean sell all the good news which actually makes the price go down? Great idea. Why do you think Ripple have stopped making announcements?

1 hour ago, Trendkill said:

You waited till it got to it's ATH and bought which has rightfully ****** you off. Now you're suggesting to someone new to do a similar action. There's no guarantees in this space but if you believe in the product as an investor then you buy low....and that's it.

First of all I didn't "wait" until the price reached the ATH. I only discovered XRP during this time.

I then researched into it via this forum -  and what better way to do research than visiting forums and taking advice from well respected members. People kept saying things like "$5 is just round the corner" and "$50 by summer, $100 by EOY. However, not one person warned of the potential danger of investing during the ATH, i.e. to be wary as the price will almost certainly come crashing down.

Secondly, to answer your earlier question, the price is never going to jump to $4 overnight, hence the reason I've suggested to keep a close eye on it so that when it starts to go up then start buying in small increments just in case it starts coming down further.

I have the right to express my view / concerns and give advice based on my experiences so far - just as everyone else does on this forum.

Edited by Moonraker

10 minutes ago, Moonraker said:

First of all I didn't "wait" until the price reached the ATH. I only discovered XRP during this time.

I then researched into it via this forum -  and what better way to do research than visiting forums and taking advice from well respected members. People kept saying things like "$5 is just round the corner" and "$50 by summer, $100 by EOY. However, not one person warned of the potential danger of investing during the ATH, i.e. to be wary as the price will almost certainly come crashing down.

Secondly, to answer your earlier question, the price is never going to jump to $4 overnight, hence the reason I've suggested to keep a close eye on it so that when it starts to go up then start buying in small increments just in case it starts coming down further.

I have the right to express my views and concerns based on my experiences so far, just as everyone else on this forum.

It's unfortunate that you bought first and researched later but fomo is a powerful thing! As for not being warned on this forum about buying at ATH, if any one of us knew what would be the ATH, we'd be one of the whales manipulating the market rather than being at the mercy of it! Everyone warns not to invest anything you cannot afford to lose as there are no certainties in life, let alone in crypto.

Whatever price you bought in at I hope you thought that you'd made a wise decision at that point and don't be disappointed that it's been at a lower point since then as you only realise a profit or loss when you sell, so just hodl. 

10 minutes ago, Moonraker said:

I have the right to express my views and concerns based on my experiences so far, just as everyone else on this forum.

Google "group-think" and "greater fool theory" and you'll get a pretty good sense about the majority of this forum, and honestly most crypto communities. Don't get me wrong, there are a ton of high quality great posters here still - but it's important to figure out who they are - during that time people here were saying to be wary, but of course they were ridiculed and drowned out.

That being said, you cannot blame anyone but yourself. It should go without saying that anything you read from strangers on the internet should be taken with a heavy grain of salt, let alone investment and financial advice. 

Learn from it and don't make the same mistake next time. 

14 hours ago, NewbieXRP said:

Do you guys think(not just wishful thinking) feel there is potential to see Ripple reach $100 one day? I'm new to Ripple. But I planning on holding for years(10+). Just wanting to feel the grasp of what people think on here. Thanks

Yes. Less than 24 months. I feel this is a terrific sale. 

DYOR, not investment advice. 

18 minutes ago, BecomeRich said:

The best would be to log off, forget about XRP and log in after 24 months! Hopefully we will see $1 than. 

Hahahahaha ?

51 minutes ago, Moonraker said:

To be fair and honest:  I did in the Zerpening 1. Not so warning for a crash, but discussing to sell ( gradually) on the way up and certainly not buy more.

But at that time I guess I wasn’t a respected member ( just kidding. Or am I?).

Edited by Ripple-Stiltskin
Spelling

2 hours ago, GoonerAdy said:

It's unfortunate that you bought first and researched later but fomo is a powerful thing! As for not being warned on this forum about buying at ATH, if any one of us knew what would be the ATH, we'd be one of the whales manipulating the market rather than being at the mercy of it! Everyone warns not to invest anything you cannot afford to lose as there are no certainties in life, let alone in crypto.

Whatever price you bought in at I hope you thought that you'd made a wise decision at that point and don't be disappointed that it's been at a lower point since then as you only realise a profit or loss when you sell, so just hodl. 

The good thing is I've not invested more than I can afford to lose and I never will. And this is also the first piece if advice I would give to any potential investor.

I'm absolutely not blaming anyone for my actions, I'm the one that made the decision to invest at that time - nobody held a gun to my head that's for sure.

I'm just stating what I experienced when I came across XRP during the hype and I feel the need to provide advice based on what I've seen so far.

For all I know, there may have been people warning about the potential dangers of investing during that ATH but, unfortunately, I didn't see any.

Who knows, in a few years time this could well be the best thing ever to happen to me should XRP hit the heights that many people are predicting.

Again, I can only go on what I've experienced so far and I can only give advice based on what I've encountered.

Had I invested when the price was $0.006 then naturally I'd be the first to encourage others to invest.

Perhaps in a few years time I'll come across others that are in a similar situation to what I'm in right now and I'll be the one encouraging them to remain calm and to have faith.

Until that time comes, I'm naturally going to continue to provide honest feedback.

All those people saying "well just cut your losses and sell now" are either not heavily in the red or simply dont understand what people like myself are going through.

I'm not simply going to sell and make a huge loss when there's clearly still potential for XRP to increase in price, I'm too deep in to do that. 

And if anyone thinks I'm spreading FUD or being too negative then you know where to find the ignore button.

Edited by Moonraker

Also, people that look for advice on buying something or comparing something generally do research on forums as there's a wealth of information to be found - I know I do anyway.

When people post suggestions then generally your instinct would be to follow that of the majority and, it seems that most people in this discussion are predicting $100 or more within the next few years.

I'm clearly in the minority of thinkers so why bother taking my advice?

Generally in life I say to myself "hope for the best, expect the worst".

Edited by Moonraker

16 hours ago, GoonerAdy said:

I, like a lot of cleverer and more informed people (see above post), believe it's a case of when and not if xrp will surpass $100. 

I'd like to add Susie at Esoteric Trading Solutions on YouTube to @mattwayne_c's list of research material. Following her figures on derivatives and xrp I worked out that $7384 a coin was likely from that market alone! 

Gosh, how can I forget about her! Susie is amazing.... bless her. 

Also, today I discovered an XRP podcast on Soundcloud 

LINK: 

3 hours ago, Moonraker said:

I have the right to express my view / concerns and give advice based on my experiences so far - just as everyone else does on this forum.

Never say never about how quickly the price could rise. Not sure what your last statement is regarding but I'm pretty sure I didn't tell you that you don't have a right to your opinions. 

18 minutes ago, Trendkill said:

I love the FUD with the thin veil of optimism method.

I think a lot of the negativity (and I'm not calling out the previous poster necessarily) comes from people who had too high of expectations to begin with. 

They put in way more than they could afford to lose, and now are quite pouty about the bear market. 

If you spent what you could afford to lose in a highly volatile market that could go to zero within the next hour then you are more relaxed and can view price predictions in a more generous manner. Based on data and not emotion, "ifs" and not "have-tos".