NewbieXRP

$100 Per XRP

2 hours ago, ksbarrett3 said:

That's quite contradicting... 

What you did: Bought XRP while it was near ATH, hoping it would hit $50 and now its at $.60.

Your advice: Wait until it goes up, and buy while its hot, that way you don't end up like me.

Your advice would literally put him in your very situation.  The key to investments is buy low, sell high. Not buy high, and hope it goes higher to sell high.  Buying now would be his best option, even if it dipped again.

As for how low XRP has dropped, and even if it drops more, I agree with your assessment that it's a good buying opportunity.  Conversely I disagree with you that buying on the way up is a bad idea.  So many people say buy low, sell high, but it's been my experience that if something is working out great, hop on board.  For example many years ago I bought AAPL.  Frankly I thought it was over-valued at the time, but like I said, if something is working, why fix it?  DAMN SURE glad I did buy, and actually kept buying more on the way up.  And guess what, that's all it's ever done - kept going up.  Same holds true for all FANG/FAANG stocks just as an example.  TSLA makes no sense, with ridiculous valuations and negative EPS, yet I'm a TSLA buyer at these levels and easily see $400 - $420 in the very near future.  In summary, I agree to buy XRP now or even on further dips, but don't forget that buying while something is hot also often works out great.

I don't know if it'll ever hit 100, who does, but I do guarantee that it'll be a fantastic investment long term, especially at the current prices. I would be ecstatic if it simply goes to 10 within the next 3 years, and my DCA is around .7 now.

18 hours ago, VanGogh said:

Roughly 7.6 billion people in the world today. For a fun thought experiment let's imagine that in one year 2 billion of the people alive will own some XRP. Since within a year there will likely be a fair number of financial institutions owning and using XRP as well as some whales, institutional investors, etc., let's just combine them all as part of the 2 billion individuals and guess at an average. How about an average of 25 XRP per person. That's 50 billion XRP held and used by only 2 billion people—roughly the entire amount (theoretically) available today because of the 50 million in escrow. Just 25 XRP per roughly 1 out of every 4 people alive. That doesn't seem like much to me. Remember XRP is not a product; it's a useful token and with micro transactions that coil and codius bring to the table it will function as a hybrid type of currency. One company, just one company such as an Amazon, officially starts using XRapid and XRP it is very easy to imagine that 1 out of every 4 people alive in the world could own and use XRP regularly. I'm here to tell you that 25 XRP per 1 out of every 4 people alive will be used up and circulated so fast that the demand will drive the price up to heights that you, while laughing out loud, could not wrap your "realistic" head around. 

It's a fun thought but not realistic at all. "Just 25 XRP per roughly 1 out of every 4 people alive." that doesn't seem like a lot to you" ?? That's an insane amount of people to me.

Ask around and see how many people do know about XRP. My guess not a lot. Now imagine 1 out of 4 people holding 25 XRP how on earth would that be realistic lol.

3 hours ago, BarryMcHockenue said:

Conversely I disagree with you that buying on the way up is a bad idea.

Everything you said makes sense... but here's where I'm at with it.  We're talking about an individual that clearly (enough to already make at least one purchase, create an account and join a forum) supports XRP. If you support the project enough to make a financial investment, why would you wait for it to get any higher? That doesn't make any sense.

Investing 101 - Buy Low. Sell High. 

I'm not saying there's anything wrong with jumping on a price spike to make a buck... I'm sure we all do that.  But advising someone to not make another purchase until we see another price surge? That makes no sense to me. 

1 hour ago, ksbarrett3 said:

Everything you said makes sense... but here's where I'm at with it.  We're talking about an individual that clearly (enough to already make at least one purchase, create an account and join a forum) supports XRP. If you support the project enough to make a financial investment, why would you wait for it to get any higher? That doesn't make any sense.

Investing 101 - Buy Low. Sell High. 

I'm not saying there's anything wrong with jumping on a price spike to make a buck... I'm sure we all do that.  But advising someone to not make another purchase until we see another price surge? That makes no sense to me. 

Agreed in this case, which is why I said it's a good buying opportunity and advise to buy more on dips.  Obviously I wasn't the one advising to not make another XRP purchase until we see another price surge - just merely pointing out that in general keep an open mind to all aspects of investing, and that buying low and selling high isn't "always" the rule of thumb that will make one money.

23 hours ago, sven12345 said:

It's a fun thought but not realistic at all. "Just 25 XRP per roughly 1 out of every 4 people alive." that doesn't seem like a lot to you" ?? That's an insane amount of people to me.

Ask around and see how many people do know about XRP. My guess not a lot. Now imagine 1 out of 4 people holding 25 XRP how on earth would that be realistic lol.

How many people have money in their pocket? You can choose to have no vision if you'd like. 

Look at how fast companies like Uber, Facebook, Amazon, PayPal and such came onto the scene. I can visualize every one of these companies and thousands more using some form of Ripple's products and utilizing XRP. Once it gets rolling (and I'll be the first to say it hasn't even begun) it's going to infiltrate peoples' habits much faster than any of the named companies above, and a lot of the use will be imperceptible until long after the price is higher than you think "realistic". 

1 hour ago, VanGogh said:

How many people have money in their pocket? You can choose to have no vision if you'd like. 

Look at how fast companies like Uber, Facebook, Amazon, PayPal and such came onto the scene. I can visualize every one of these companies and thousands more using some form of Ripple's products and utilizing XRP. Once it gets rolling (and I'll be the first to say it hasn't even begun) it's going to infiltrate peoples' habits much faster than any of the named companies above, and a lot of the use will be imperceptible until long after the price is higher than you think "realistic". 

"You can choose to have no vision if you'd like." I rather be realistic.

1 hour ago, sven12345 said:

"You can choose to have no vision if you'd like." I rather be realistic.

Ripple is undeniably a visionary company—they intend to change the world with products like XRapid. Nobody is arguing that it's a guarantee they succeed, but the possibility is there, and they have taken many measurable steps already. Their eyes are clearly open, every time they meet with a major company, central bank, or market maker. 

4 minutes ago, VanGogh said:

Ripple is undeniably a visionary company—they intend to change the world with products like XRapid. Nobody is arguing that it's a guarantee they succeed, but the possibility is there, and they have taken many measurable steps already. Their eyes are clearly open, every time they meet with a major company, central bank, or market maker. 

And Western Union for the 100 threads about it on Xrpchat has tried xRapid 10x seems to be a blowaway must have, can't live without, game changing product doesn't it? The adoption will speak for itself, if management is still playing world traveler in 6 months, and adoptions is still meh. Well there is your answer on the great banking coin...…….doesn't mean it won't move "thx to BTC pump" and general Market cap growth, but that WU interview should be a wake up call.

And Western Union for the 100 threads about it on Xrpchat has tried xRapid 10x seems to be a blowaway must have, can't live without, game changing product doesn't it? The adoption will speak for itself, if management is still playing world traveler in 6 months, and adoptions is still meh. Well there is your answer on the great banking coin...…….doesn't mean it won't move "thx to BTC pump" and general Market cap growth, but that WU interview should be a wake up call.
So you've sold your stash then? Going away now then... Or are there more souls to save? Doing God's work, you are. Bless your heart.

Just now, manifestxrpdestiny said:
20 minutes ago, Mods_are_tyrants said:

So you've sold your stash then? Going away now then... Or are there more souls to save? Doing God's work, you are. Bless your heart.

No, I have 59k in XRP. People keep posting like Banks need XRP they must have XRP and use it...……..well that is just not the case. Ripple has a ton of work to do to gain penetration and if they don't have it in 6-7 months, at least 2-3 good names, well I believe that prove BG (the beard) to be wrong and there to be a problem.

I use AMEX platinum always so (love that they deal with Amex lol) I have hope this by no means some slam dunk the results speak for themselves. WU the most recent!!

No, I have 59k in XRP. People keep posting like Banks need XRP they must have XRP and use it...……..well that is just not the case. Ripple has a ton of work to do to gain penetration and if they don't have it in 6-7 months, at least 2-3 good names, well I believe that prove BG (the beard) to be wrong and there to be a problem.
I use AMEX platinum always so (love that they deal with Amex lol) I have hope this by no means some slam dunk the results speak for themselves. WU the most recent!!
xrp is a good product if it does what it says. If it doesn't Ripple investors and xrp speculators will all be after management with torches and scythes, so I trust that it does. There is no guarantee Ripple will achieve their goals. I would be surprised if they did actually, because they are stepping on a lot of toes in the process, despite having what appears to be a superior product.

That said, money on the superior product.

They have five years from January. Either I'll be rich, or i'll laugh about that time I wasted some money and made an ass of myself on the internet.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, manifestxrpdestiny said:

They have five years from January. Either I'll be rich, or i'll laugh about that time I wasted some money and made an ass of myself on the internet.

This is me!!

But I would have had all that time on the internet learning about blockchain, Ripple and XRP. 

I fully believe that Ripple will succeed and XRP will be as widely used as people suggest. I actually think with more use cases like microtransactions and smart contracts it’s going to be bigger than we think 

However, I am smart enough to understand and have prepared myself for the possibility that it may not succeed. 

Edited by Chewiecoin

On 6/13/2018 at 8:42 PM, sven12345 said:

They’d only just meet the minimum balance of 20 XRP. So they’d only have 5 XRP to spend.