Reddit - The growing concern

SunnyDay99

The growing concern with the XRP & Ripple subreddits.

As we all know there are leaders of our community and content creators who have all found themselves banned from the subreddits for simply disagreeing with a user. In many cases it's heavily related to "Mikenard77". The user clearly has an alt admin account and removes any and all content he either doesn't agree with, or simply doesn't like. 

Individuals get instant 7 day, or permanent bans. We know Alex Cobb was banned simply for posting his informative videos, and without explanation or reason. Many others report the same problems. If you see the above post made a short period of time, you'll see that within minutes of the post being created with no tagging of mikenard77 whatsoever, they appeared, made a comment, edited it, removed the thread from new posts visibility, and it's highly likely the post itself will be removed all together. Normal users do not get notifications of new posts being created.

The subreddit has become a manipulated echo chamber skewing the perception of Ripple and XRP and manipulating topics of discussion, and I wonder if we should report the problem to Ripple, so perhaps they can take control of it or ensure these bad actors are permanently removed, as it is not good for their reputation with seemingly official subreddits being controlled in such an anti-social, and anti-community manner by individuals abusing power in order to maintain unwarranted authority. 

18 minutes ago, SunnyDay99 said:

The growing concern with the XRP & Ripple subreddits.

As we all know there are leaders of our community and content creators who have all found themselves banned from the subreddits for simply disagreeing with a user. In many cases it's heavily related to "Mikenard77". The user clearly has an alt admin account and removes any and all content he either doesn't agree with, or simply doesn't like. 

Individuals get instant 7 day, or permanent bans. We know Alex Cobb was banned simply for posting his informative videos, and without explanation or reason. Many others report the same problems. If you see the above post made a short period of time, you'll see that within minutes of the post being created with no tagging of mikenard77 whatsoever, they appeared, made a comment, edited it, removed the thread from new posts visibility, and it's highly likely the post itself will be removed all together. Normal users do not get notifications of new posts being created.

The subreddit has become a manipulated echo chamber skewing the perception of Ripple and XRP and manipulating topics of discussion, and I wonder if we should report the problem to Ripple, so perhaps they can take control of it or ensure these bad actors are permanently removed, as it is not good for their reputation with seemingly official subreddits being controlled in such an anti-social, and anti-community manner by individuals abusing power in order to maintain unwarranted authority. 

I'm not aware of any issues with r/ripple and I don't frequent r/xrp so can't comment on it. That's not to say there aren't any, so don't think I'm brushing it aside. But I would point out that neither are an official Ripple forum, and I don't see Ripple getting involved with an unofficial subreddit as something worth pursuing. Perhaps a dialogue with the other moderators of the sub would be called for to address any issues there might be. I know at least one of the moderators of r/ripple is and has been a valuable contributor on xrpchat for a long time, probably more than one.

Could you elaborate on what you think the issue is?

People are being banned simply for disagreeing with a point of view or posting anything which mentions other coins (we're not talking shilling here, just things that might reference 5 top coins and XRP not being the number 1). 

The YouTube community who create informative videos are being banned for no apparent reason (see Alex Cobb as a prime example, but also creators in general).

,News posts and links are removed with no explanation whatsoever when the topic is clearly singing XRP or Ripple's praises.

There is no consistency whatsoever, some of the more active users tend to jump in and bully members with foul language and blatant attacking, and get away with it time and time again in spite of being reported over and over again, while other users get banned simply for pointing out a legitimate concern with a news source, or disagreeing with someone else's opinion. 

Bans range from 7 days, to permanent.

This is a topic which is coming up time and time again in various other channels like discord chats, which is essentially where users end up because they've got no where else to go to discuss XRP and Ripple. 

To be clear - we're not talking about disruptive users or FUD spreaders, just normal users who find themselves in disagreement with certain members of the community abusing power and then subsequently removed, if there has been any disagreement at all. 

There is clear manipulation of news sources. Often anything with Bitcoin or Etherium in the subject line (as you would expect when several coins are being reported in an article) will stay up for a short period, and then removed 15 minutes later with no explanation or indeed a reasonable logic as to why, regardless of users having started to discuss the thread.

1 hour ago, SunnyDay99 said:

People are being banned simply for disagreeing with a point of view or posting anything which mentions other coins

You got banned for 7 days after making this comment along with many other disrespectful comments toward other users including Claire from Ripple
https://www.removeddit.com/r/Ripple/comments/8mfk9f/question_could_fis_moving_to_ripple_be_a_blind/dzn8m6g/
(and here's the link on reddit)

And then you created a new account to evade the 7-day ban and started a new thread on r/XRP accusing that u/mikenard77 is a mod's alt account.
Reddit Content Policy - Creating multiple accounts to evade punishment or avoid restrictions is prohibited

u/mikenard77 is not a mod's alt account. We don't know who this user is.
https://www.reddit.com/r/XRP/comments/8mjtnf/growing_concern/dzo5dh4/?context=1

Furthermore, it appears that comments made by u/mikenard77 received unusually high number of negative votes in relation to the total view counts on that thread.
Using multiple Reddit accounts to upvote/downvote is also prohibited on Reddit.

2 hours ago, SunnyDay99 said:

We know Alex Cobb was banned simply for posting his informative videos, and without explanation or reason.

Alex was never banned from r/Ripple or r/XRP.  You are spreading lies at this point.
His price speculation and coinbase hype videos have been removed in the past but that's very different from an account ban.

some of the more active users tend to jump in and bully members with foul language and blatant attacking, and get away with it time and time again in spite of being reported over and over again

I would like to see an actual example of this.
Go to https://removeddit.com/ if the comment has been removed.

This is a topic which is coming up time and time again in various other channels like discord chats, which is essentially where users end up because they've got no where else to go to discuss XRP and Ripple.

This certainly is not your idea of discussing XRP and Ripple, right? I hope not.
https://www.reddit.com/r/XRP/comments/8js9vv/ripple_have_offended_a_lot_of_long_term/

Edited by nvok

Even Hodor at one point:

And you're not calling me a liar, you're calling Alex Cobb a liar, he's stated it many times in his videos, particularly when the issue of the subreddit's outrageous censorship is discussed. 

Go hit up google if you want more, I'm not going to argue with a subreddit moderator about the poor standard of of the subreddit's moderation. 

Hodor was talking about getting banned from r/investing which is not related to r/Ripple or r/XRP
I'm in touch with both Hodor and Alex on discord so you are just making a fool of yourself claiming that they got banned from r/Ripple or r/XRP

You should actually read the top comments in each of the links you posted. You can actually learn why they got banned or understand what happened.

This user was insisting that Ripple can simply print money and used the word 'Echo Chamber' incorrectly.
https://www.reddit.com/r/CryptoCurrency/comments/7ntbbe/just_got_banned_from_rripple_for_asking_this/

Neither AMEX nor Woori bank confirmed they will not be using XRP. Purposefully spreading false information whether it's hype or FUD usually results in a ban.
https://www.reddit.com/r/CryptoCurrency/comments/7r9a96/got_banned_on_ripple_sub_for_pointing_out_that/

OP here never got banned. But read the top comment - "I'm going to side with the mods on this one. Huge influx of garbage posts have been coming in regarding the same exact topics."
https://www.reddit.com/r/Ripple/comments/7q6vrn/heavy_censorship_on_this_subreddit/

This happened when people kept posting false information that Korean government banned crypto.
https://www.reddit.com/r/Ripple/comments/7ppxou/are_we_going_to_address_all_the_censorship_of/

Yep, so many people have just given up and gone elsewhere. It's such a shame, but as you can see above the same moderators throw their weight around in other places too. 

Edited by SunnyDay99

5 minutes ago, SunnyDay99 said:

You are continually being bought up as a problem moderator in many posts.

You violated both reddit site and reddit sub rules (which you seem to conveniently ignore or forget)
Many banned trolls are in similar situations.

Troublemakers are getting adequate punishments on reddit.

Edited by nvok