JCCollins

The Last Hours - Now is Not the Time to be Afraid

12 minutes ago, JCCollins said:

Almost everywhere I look there is an unprecedented amount of negative articles about Ripple and XRP.  Sites such as Global Coin Report and Coin Desk publish predominantly negative articles which distort and mislead on the function and strategies of Ripple and its products.  The attacks on XRP are downright comical for those who have a deeper understanding of the asset.  Everywhere from Twitter, Facebook, and even this very forum, there are those who take every opportunity to hammer Ripple and XRP.  

What everyone needs to understand is that there is a fundamental difference between constructive criticism and outright falsification.  The majority of these negative attacks are outright falsifications.  I read an article on Global Coin Report just earlier which was so full of misleading and distorting information that it was laughable.  The obvious ones suggest that the Dec/Jan run-up for XRP had to do with the CoinBase rumors.  This is a distortion as the run-up happened because the whole market had a run-up alongside Bitcoin. 

A direct falsification was that XRP was all mined at the beginning.  XRP was never mined.  Ever.  The writer is either lazy or completely lacks a working knowledge of XRP and its validation system.

We see again the FUD that banks and institutions will never use XRP because they don't need to, plus XRP is volatile and banks wouldn't take on the risk.  Again, this is absurd.  The banks will ultimately transition into XRP implementation in order to repurpose the trillions in liquidity which is required to manage a payments system without a bridge asset like XRP.  The few seconds of exposure to any XRP volatility will be minimal and will be equally balanced as there will be both an upside and a downside in the seconds it takes to complete the transaction.  Banks can hold XRP if they want, but more likely will depend on liquidity providers to access XRP.  

These articles do a lot of damage to newcomers and those who don't understand the fundamentals.  Many articles are packaged as positive, but when you read them you can see that there is the right amount of negative injection to create doubt in the minds of those who can be easily persuaded through of lack of knowledge.

If you are new to crypto, Ripple, and XRP, don't be afraid and don't worry about the up and down movement of the market.  The fundamentals of the Ripple strategy are solid, as are the fundamentals around XRP and the Interledger Protocol.  Add in Cobalt, Codius, Coil (new micropayments industry), Xpring, xRapid, xCurrent, xVia, and forthcoming xPool (liquidity providers), alongside Ripples world-class senior management team, and there is no better blockchain payments company or crypto asset positioned to build the future. 

If you have a difficult time or don't have the time, to learn all there is to know about Ripple and XRP,  fear not, you are in the best of hands here on this forum.  After researching and writing for my own site for the last 5 years, I know well-informed analysts and commentators when I read them.  Between @Hodor  @galgitron  @Chewiecoin  @BANKXRP  and so many others, this forum has the most intelligent and well-informed individuals in the crypto and Ripple/XRP communities.  

Don't fall for the ill-informed and misleading articles and comments which spread FUD.  A large percentage of the crypto world and the existing official monetary and banking framework is threatened by Ripple and XRP.  This is a powerful incentive to mislead and distort.  If you are here and reading this, then you are already a part of a monetary and financial revolution which will restructure the world for the next century or two.  These are the last hours before the pendulum swings in reverse.  Once past the fulcrum point, things will progressive faster.  Be patient. Be informed.  Be positive. Be resistant to FUD. 

"I know well-informed analysts and commentators when I read them." Excellent post and I would add @JCCollins to your list of well informed individuals.

:viannen_89::JC_doubleup:

1 hour ago, JCCollins said:

A direct falsification was that XRP was all mined at the beginning.  XRP was never mined.  Ever.  The writer is either lazy or completely lacks a working knowledge of XRP and its validation system.

We see again the FUD that banks and institutions will never use XRP because they don't need to, plus XRP is volatile and banks wouldn't take on the risk.  Again, this is absurd.  The banks will ultimately transition into XRP implementation in order to repurpose the trillions in liquidity which is required to manage a payments system without a bridge asset like XRP. 

I very much like the falsification part. Fact based answers to FUD are the best. 

But it’s not absurd to think there’s is a possibility that banks never will use XRP.  Until they do, and on large scale ( so not a tiny bank in an obscure country) , we cannot be certain of it. We strongly believe in it, but it’s by no means a certainty at this moment, so claiming an ( almost) certainty,  is the opposite of fud. 

XRP is still a high risk investment. There’s a ( fair, supported, well argumented) chance on a very high ROI , but the chance it’s going back to $ 0.006 can not be ruled out. 

13 minutes ago, Ripple-Stiltskin said:

I very much like the falsification part. Fact based answers to FUD are the best. 

But it’s not absurd to think there’s is a possibility that banks never will use XRP.  Until they do, and on large scale ( so not a tiny bank in an obscure country) , we cannot be certain of it. We strongly believe in it, but it’s by no means a certainty at this moment, so claiming an ( almost) certainty,  is the opposite of fud. 

XRP is still a high risk investment. There’s a ( fair, supported, well argumented) chance on a very high ROI , but the chance it’s going back to $ 0.006 can not be ruled out. 

From my post:

"We see again the FUD that banks and institutions will never use XRP because they don't need to, plus XRP is volatile and banks wouldn't take on the risk.  Again, this is absurd. "

I never stated it was absurd to think that there wasn't a possibility.  I stated that it was absurd to state that they "never" would.  Different words have unique meanings and the use of words matter.  Never mind the volatility and risk reference in relations to my use of the word "absurd". 

Reading comprehension also matters. 

But for the record, the whole point of the staggered implementation of Ripple products is to integrate XRP into the worlds monetary and transfer frameworks. To suggest otherwise is....well...it's absurd.  

2 hours ago, JCCollins said:

the FUD that banks and institutions will never use XRP b

2 hours ago, WhentheBoat_ComesIn said:

Again, this is absurd.  The banks will ultimately transition into XRP implementation in order to repurpose the trillions in liquidity

“ will never use”  

against

” will ultimately transition into XRP” 

Both ain’t certain at all. 

Edit: both are quotes from JCCollins, and not from Whentheboatcomesin, just for the record.

Edited by Ripple-Stiltskin

5 minutes ago, Ripple-Stiltskin said:

“ will never use”  

against

” will ultimately transition into XRP” 

Both ain’t certain at all. 

Edit: both are quotes from JCCollins, and not from Whentheboatcomesin, just for the record.

It's also not certain that we will wake up tomorrow, but the chances are good. Are we dealing with semantics now? Has the FUD come to that?

2 hours ago, JCCollins said:

Almost everywhere I look there is an unprecedented amount of negative articles about Ripple and XRP.  Sites such as Global Coin Report and Coin Desk publish predominantly negative articles which distort and mislead on the function and strategies of Ripple and its products.  The attacks on XRP are downright comical for those who have a deeper understanding of the asset.  Everywhere from Twitter, Facebook, and even this very forum, there are those who take every opportunity to hammer Ripple and XRP.  

What everyone needs to understand is that there is a fundamental difference between constructive criticism and outright falsification.  The majority of these negative attacks are outright falsifications.  I read an article on Global Coin Report just earlier which was so full of misleading and distorting information that it was laughable.  The obvious ones suggest that the Dec/Jan run-up for XRP had to do with the CoinBase rumors.  This is a distortion as the run-up happened because the whole market had a run-up alongside Bitcoin. 

We see again the FUD that banks and institutions will never use XRP because they don't need to, plus XRP is volatile and banks wouldn't take on the risk.  Again, this is absurd.  The banks will ultimately transition into XRP implementation in order to repurpose the trillions in liquidity which is required to manage a payments system without a bridge asset like XRP.  The few seconds of exposure to any XRP volatility will be minimal and will be equally balanced as there will be both an upside and a downside in the seconds it takes to complete the transaction.  Banks can hold XRP if they want, but more likely will depend on liquidity providers to access XRP.  

These articles do a lot of damage to newcomers and those who don't understand the fundamentals.  Many articles are packaged as positive, but when you read them you can see that there is the right amount of negative injection to create doubt in the minds of those who can be easily persuaded through of lack of knowledge.

If you are new to crypto, Ripple, and XRP, don't be afraid and don't worry about the up and down movement of the market.  The fundamentals of the Ripple strategy are solid, as are the fundamentals around XRP and the Interledger Protocol.  Add in Cobalt, Codius, Coil (new micropayments industry), Xpring, xRapid, xCurrent, xVia, and forthcoming xPool (liquidity providers), alongside Ripples world-class senior management team, and there is no better blockchain payments company or crypto asset positioned to build the future. 

If you have a difficult time or don't have the time, to learn all there is to know about Ripple and XRP,  fear not, you are in the best of hands here on this forum.  After researching and writing for my own site for the last 5 years, I know well-informed analysts and commentators when I read them.  Between @Hodor  @galgitron  @Chewiecoin  @BANKXRP  and so many others, this forum has the most intelligent and well-informed individuals in the crypto and Ripple/XRP communities.  

Don't fall for the ill-informed and misleading articles and comments which spread FUD.  A large percentage of the crypto world and the existing official monetary and banking framework is threatened by Ripple and XRP.  This is a powerful incentive to mislead and distort.  If you are here and reading this, then you are already a part of a monetary and financial revolution which will restructure the world for the next century or two.  These are the last hours before the pendulum swings in reverse.  Once past the fulcrum point, things will progressive faster.  Be patient. Be informed.  Be positive. Be resistant to FUD. 

Thank you. You are one of a handful of people who helped bring clarity and reason to my full understanding of the revolution that we are at the beginning of. 

14 minutes ago, Loki said:

It's also not certain that we will wake up tomorrow, but the chances are good. Are we dealing with semantics now? Has the FUD come to that?

Don’t like peer pressure, herd thinking, presenting  believes as facts, doing the same as you’re accusing others off, and a few other things. If you call that FUD, so be it, I have another definition of FUD ( recently posted) .

2 minutes ago, Ripple-Stiltskin said:

Don’t like peer pressure, herd thinking, presenting  believes as facts, doing the same as you’re accusing others off, and a few other things. If you call that FUD, so be it, I have another definition of FUD ( recently posted) .

Well it's a XRPCHAT forum. I can literally go anywhere else and hear what an awful investment XRP is. 

I understand facts not feelings - that's why we are all invested. Because we researched. Facts not feelings. 

1 minute ago, Loki said:

Well it's a XRPCHAT forum. I can literally go anywhere else and hear what an awful investment XRP is. 

I understand facts not feelings - that's why we are all invested. Because we researched. Facts not feelings. 

Now you’re falling into semantics. 

Fact is that I never called XRP an awfull investment.

Fact is that XRP isn’t used officially ( pls no tinfoil hat here) by banks atm 

Fact is nobody can be certain atm that they won’t use it in shorter or longer term

Fact is that nobody can be certain they will. 

Believe is believe and feelings are feelings. Very nice, but they aren’t facts.