Here We Go Again

1 hour ago, Mods_are_tyrants said:

Where is the volume? As I've said before the paltry amounts that will be invested 500 million here a 1 billion there is nothing over the scope of a month. It will take 100's of billions to move the market.

You could save yourself making a lot of posts about volume by reading up on xRapid.  I am not holding XRP hoping that the market will like XRP and speculate enough to raise the price - that's out-and-out gambling.  Might as well put my money on Verge or whatever.  I'm in it for utility volume which is not here yet.  xRapid and xVia will give us that utility volume.  Of course, I might be wrong and despite billions of utility volume, XRP's price continues to fall (I don't see how, but there's always a theoretical risk).  However, given the way markets work, I see XRP's price rising due to vastly increased volume (and you say yourself that volume increases can help drive a price up).  We are literally in beta with utility volume - it's not live, so we cannot judge.  You are constantly judging XRP through the lens of a speculative market.  One thing is for sure - XRP's volume will only be partially from speculative retail investors in the future.  I hold XRP and buy daily because I see its current price as much lower than it will be.  Buy low, sell high.  I also hold because I can't time the market. Good luck holding USDT and timing your next XRP buy.

24 minutes ago, Perfect_Tommy said:

You can throw out all the charts and good news and it will all amount to zip.  This market moves on sentiment and momentum and right now there is

none.  Once Bitcoin is outed for the fraud it is the crash will be sudden and deep.  Crypto is a classic house of cards.

And if that happens only the true digital assets with real use cases will prevail. XRP would not only survive a BTC crash it would thrive. 

Post by n4weed on Reddit:

"Bank of America held its "Development Day" on 17th May 2018, of which involved a talk/powerpoint on Blockchain/CryptoCurrency and its use for Trade Finance.

The talk involved Bitcoin, Distributed Ledger Technology and Smart Contracts.

On the topic of Blockchain and it's uses for Trade Finance Ripple was mentioned. In particular a diagram showing a diagram of how a BAML Client is able to send Payments (and Statements) via BAML Ripple Connect. BAML Ripple Connect in turn uses Ripple Network (ILP) for settlement to a BAML Partner Bank(s) (who use their own Ripple Connect) for settlement to a Customer.

BAML Client > BAML UI -- BAML RIPPLE Connect -- Settlement (Ripple Network, ILP) -- Partner Bank Ripple Connect -- BAML Partner Bank < Customer

The slide quotes: "Ripple provides an opportunity to reduce complexity of integration to enabled partners, standardise data protocols and formats and eliminate errors and reconciliation through use of blockchain distributed ledger technology".

The following section mentions how Distributed ledger has multiple potential applications across lines of business with Ripple being mentioned for Global FX: Cross-Currency Transactions "Pilot to enable more efficient cross-currency payments by reducing lengthy/unknown settlement times, eliminating multiple layers of cost and providing greater transparency over FX, fees and data shared between originator and recipient."

Bank of America has the following cryptocurrency practices in place: 1. Prohibit the onboarding of clients whose primary business is the trading of or investment in cryptocurrency. 2. Prohibit lending to known crypto businesses; disregard cryptocurrency and its derivatives as sources of collateral or assets in the context of extension of credit. 3. Do not sponsor, endorse, or facilitate an investment in an instrument where cryptocurrency is the underlying asset. 4. Prohibit identifiable credit card transactions with crypto businesses and inform/warn client of risks associated with cryptocurrencies.

There's a lot more useful information around blockchain and crypto within this talk, but I cannot disclose that which I have already as it's internal.

This is more to show what great work Ripple are doing and how pro-active Bank of America are being in keeping/increasing their competitive advantage as a leading Bank."

So as I read it, BoA see the value in using blockchain but wants to hinder their' clients ability to buy/use it...the message is clear: HODL!

22 minutes ago, Mods_are_tyrants said:

When I first got into crypto in 2014 no one knew and I mean no one. I'm in tech and when I told people I was buying BTC for $300-$650 everyone thought I was crazy. I didn't think much of it, but like many I was amazed at the move from Sept-Jan just mind boggling how big Crypto grew.

During that I had people who barely can operate a sell phone open a Coinbase account ask me how to buy these other coins as we opened Binance or Poloniex(I know) accounts. Now, all people say is I don't even look its down, I'm down, or I'm up 10%, but their sentiment is "Who cares" vs months ago "It was I must open this account and get money in this crypto stuff" 

Even amongst friends I don't know anyone adding any substantial money to crypto. I know people still flipping houses, still doing side gigs, or in essence guaranteed money, but the speculative nature and "It will go up" has waned in crypto.

My one friend who made 315k in BTC you would think he would still be in has completely walked away. His comments are "Space is done. Not worth it. Take your profits move on." He made a lot more than I did in BTC and I have already sucked my profits out twice, so I'm playing with free money, but I would still hate to lose it!! 

Regardless of people finding out about it now, I still think many people out there dont know about cryptocurrencies. There is still a lot of misconception about what they are, what they do and how you can buy them. 

There had to be a correction like this as the explosive nature of December-January was too much to sustain and because of this, it has scared lots of people away. People won't put money into a volatile market that is still bearish. It doesn't mean people wont be back, because they will. As soon as we get a good, sustained bull run over the course of a few weeks, people will FOMO like mad. It's history, it's always been like that, and it always will.

Everyone said the same thing about Amazon and others when it went from over $100 down to $5 (95%- loss...). Do you think people would have been like "this market is dead now, it will never recover" Of course they would have, but now here we are at $1582. 

14 minutes ago, JordanC said:

Regardless of people finding out about it now, I still think many people out there dont know about cryptocurrencies. There is still a lot of misconception about what they are, what they do and how you can buy them. 

There had to be a correction like this as the explosive nature of December-January was too much to sustain and because of this, it has scared lots of people away. People won't put money into a volatile market that is still bearish. It doesn't mean people wont be back, because they will. As soon as we get a good, sustained bull run over the course of a few weeks, people will FOMO like mad. It's history, it's always been like that, and it always will.

Everyone said the same thing about Amazon and others when it went from over $100 down to $5 (95%- loss...). Do you think people would have been like "this market is dead now, it will never recover" Of course they would have, but now here we are at $1582. 

You can always find a outlier and that did take a pretty longtime. So, yes I agree holding Amazon for 20 years produced a great gain, but that is where people want the similarities to end. The minute anyone brings up:

• It took 20 years to go up 43000 % (well this is crypto It moves faster)
  • Amazon has a market cap of 740 Billion and sales of how much again (Well this is crypto it doesn't apply)
  • If XRP had a market cap of 740 billion it would be 7.40 a XRP (awesome) but again (this is crypto XRP will hit 50, 100, 1000 market caps don't matter)

People only like to compare one piece of the puzzle and then adjust to best fit how they want to see it. I agree 2, 5, 10, 20 years who knows. Currently we are a ship stuck in the doldrums.

was wondering the last days (before the todays dip) why XRP-price behaves as it behaves. But then I remebered the press releases of the last days/weeks:

Bank in argentina uses startup bitex and bitcoin

https://www.coindesk.com/bank-argentina-just-added-bitcoin-cross-border-payments/

Why do they use bitcoin? Isn't XRP the better choice?

MUFG (those who partnered Ripple lately) stated to use his own blockchain

https://www.krungsri.com/bank/en/NewsandActivities/Krungsri-Banking-News/blockchain-interledger-real-time.html

confusing? yes, it is! First: Partenring Ripple and a week later they announce their own technology?

This taylor-copeland lawsuit against ripple.

https://www.taylorcopelandlaw.com/news/

What if XRP is classified as a security? Ripple a scam?

Hodl Or Fodl?! | CNBC Fast Money

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGxV-gfn2QU

XRP no use case. Garbage!

and so many more twitter, reddit, youtube-vids.... etc. etc. etc.

Do such news build trust to john doe? in FIs? in professional traders?

If I were new to this market I would not invest in XRP now. No faith in this ripple thing.

In feburary/march I answered to a post that I expect another dip and a loooong sideway movement until this market gets regulated. Prediction: 1.0-1.8 if unregulated til EOY.

Now we are still lacking Regulations and now also clearity (is XRP a security or not?). And we are "attacked" with FUD. As I told you: "they" wouldn't share their profits (by xborder-payments) without fighting.... imo: (PR- and lawsuit-)wars have started.

Did anyone read Richard Branson "loosing my virginity"?

Great example what happens if you enter a market by those who do not accept any competition: British Airwayshad made improper attempts to undermine VirginAir. Very well discribed by Branson. Great read.

I myself have experienced several times what happens when you enter a market thart the "others" dont want to share with you. Smear campaigns, extortion trials, price rigging, etc etc

And my business was only 4 mio. EUR (a guppy fish in a big sharks terrain). Game over in 2013 after Axel Springer (market leader) pulled the plug, easily. The simply broke the law in the end, fines were factored in, my business had not survived and my reputation was ruined. But that was my little story.

I think that it will be a long way to the top and we need regulations - immediatly.

8 hours ago, Chewiecoin said:

Well well well what do we have here another dip?

We have been here many times before. Yep, 2018 so far sucks. We have seen 5 months of price falling from our ATH and stagnation in the market. 

If you are selling your XRP stash now (unless you have a real-life emergency reason to) you are a mug. 

Look at this chart showing BTC price during 2014 to 2016

image.thumb.png.179087650b8b8f6abe4d7b1bedf8847b.png

In 2013 the price went from less than $100 to over $1,000. For the next two years, the price fell to less than $200 and finished 2016 at $400. Yep that's 2 years of the price not recovering and stagnating. Its only been 5 months for us.

And you know what happened to the few true HODLERs that held for this period. Look at the beautiful chart below.

image.thumb.png.4ac7ddafe1c392d5b3d8856247eb959b.png

The price jumped back over the ATH in 2017 to $1,200 and then to $19,000 by the end of 2017. You have to have patience. You have to be willing to wait it out.

In relation to XRP, yes, if you are extremely lucky you would have bought it at sub 1c in early 2017 and held to the end of the year making that massive gain but for the rest of us we need balls (boobs?) of steel and need to have patience and hold on waiting for the next bull run.

Look at what has happened in the last 5 months:

• xCurrent partners increasing by one a week;
  • xRapid pilots occurring;
  • xRapid savings now confirmed;
  • xRapid 1.0 now in production;
  • xVia released and partners announced;
  • Codius being redeveloped;
  • xPring being released already with over 100 potential XRP benefiting projects on the books;
  • Rumours of Central Banks working with Ripple and Ripple employees and the IMF virtually confirming it;
  • Big Hedge fund money confirming they are coming;
  • More exchanges coming online with more support for XRP; and
  • I can keep going

How much more good news do you need?

I can hear you now "but why isn't all this good news reflected in price?" Short answer is the market is unpredictable so no one truly knows but I believe it is because we are still (99% at least) being ruled by speculative demand and speculative demand is driven by the whole market, by FOMO of investors and by big brother BTC. We will start to transition to utility demand this year and over the next few years. This demand will be more stable and will propel us forward without being tied to the rest of the market. I wrote a more detailed post answering this questions here.

Next response I can hear from the crowd: "But past performance is not an indicator of future performance"

Yep, you are right. Just because BTC went to $19k or XRP to $3.40 does not mean that we are guaranteed to get to those highs again. I don't know enough about BTC but, XRP I believe will absolutely go past its ATH again, in fact, sail past it. Look at the dot points above. XRP has the best chance of any token for real-world adoption. Adoption that will drive utility demand and will drive the price. 

There are no guarantees but I am so certain of it I have invested a large part of my savings betting on it. 

So what does all of this mean?

HODL. Of course HODL. Have more patience than you do now. Be prepared to wait years, if that is what it takes. I think it will come sooner but be mentally prepared for it, we have to have patience.

Take this downtime as an opportunity to buy more, if you can afford to and if you can afford to lose it?

If you have patience and HODL I believe you will be rewarded. 

Disclaimer: I hold XRP (of course I bloody do!)

You Sir are a stud! Well said.

8 hours ago, DjemDiamond said:

Ci siamo seduti a 0,25 per molto tempo.

Penso che ci siederà così, fino a quando xRapid non sarà in diretta. 3-5 anni.

I've always liked your post pro xrp .... concise and of substance
if I may ask, what are the reasons for such a radical and recent change of your point of view on the situation?
thank you

Thank you for those excellent bullet points - we XRP holders really have very little to worry about.  It would take 4 -5 years for any rival to put together and test a package that rivals XRP by which time Ripple will be even further established and have an even larger client base.

BUT this does not apply to other alts, especially Bitcoin, that have had years to establish a use case in real world markets.  Given that they have squandered their lead and their lack of adoption by real businesses there is little incentive for investors to risk more money.  Rival blockchain companies are building better solutions and will be providing better investment opportunities.

Edited by Julian_Williams

5 hours ago, Mods_are_tyrants said:

The bubble popped you cant compare crypto with one coin and hardly any way to buy to the landscape we have today. A landscape where everyone has heard of crypto, bitcoin, and younger people much more.

I still believe we will eek out gains in 2018 and as long as I can flip into tether I dont really care, but 2018 is not the hodl year that is for sure.

No institutional money is coming to save the day. All of pumper types that post this crud are vested and hold a ton of crypto, so of course it is in their best interest to say 10 Trillion market cap coming.

Then sell up and move on. Why waste time moaning at us blind fools on this forum?

This is time to sell, not to buy. Buy when it rebounds. Still you will be fine. Hodling now is definitely a FOMO.  Redders, don't get fooled by greeners.

Put the fudder on ignore.  Debating with @Mods_are_tyrants is like debating with....

CiymTLU.gif.4322d107091108b572076b499774d67c.gif

You're wasting your time.  There's no point in debating him with 'kindness' or 'knowledge'.

Doesn't matter what you say.  He says the same thing in every single post.  

And this is me describing him nicely.  You know, rules.

3 minutes ago, TheWhale said:

This is time to sell, not to buy. Buy when it rebounds. Still you will be fine. Hodling now is definitely a FOMO.  Redders, don't get fooled by greeners.

"This is time to sell, not to buy"

Wow. Just, wow.

Greeners can hodl. That is fine for them.

Redders sell and buy later when it rebounds. You gotta protect yourself. This way you can double your stash.