strikerjax

Ripple has shifted focus

Yep. XCurrent has been done for awhile now and it’s the just sales team growing RippleNet at this point (obviously still maintenance and new features)

xRapid was just a baby last year but I imagine he’s a raging teenager by now. Phase 2 is definitely officially underway folks. The copper has been laid, time for some fiber optic XRP baby!!!

23 minutes ago, strikerjax said:

- Brad is known for his focus on core competency and he acknowledged in his recent interviews that when 
  he came in, he helped narrow Ripple's focus onto payments (Codius was put on the backburner)
- In the last few months, Ripple's focus has shifted to new activities (Coil, Xrping, Codius, Donation etc)  
- Few months back David had indicated they were on the cusp of thier full vision close to being a reality.
- CTO moved on to Coil  

Maybe Brad is losing some control and the peanut butter is getting spread too thin. I'm not sure the new focus on other markets is wise, as the original use-case of cross-border payments hasn't been solidified yet, at least in the mind of the public. I'm hoping I'm wrong and Ripple as a company knows more than I do and is confident they have the cross-border payments market locked up and can thus expand into other use-cases.

9 minutes ago, n2it said:

Maybe Brad is losing some control and the peanut butter is getting spread too thin. I'm not sure the new focus on other markets is wise, as the original use-case of cross-border payments hasn't been solidified yet, at least in the mind of the public. I'm hoping I'm wrong and Ripple as a company knows more than I do and is confident they have the cross-border payments market locked up and can thus expand into other use-cases.

The thing is increasing XRP's use cases benefits its primary use case.  In order for adoption on a large scale they have to have the liquidity.  This can't happen unless they find ways to bring up the price of XRP.

Apart from their marketing and public relations faux pas,  I haven’t seen them make a strategic mistake yet.  

I think they are five moves ahead of us because of NDAs and insider discussions within their extended networks.  

I’m very confident they are playing an A level game and that barring extreme misfortune,  we will all do very well riding their coat-tails.  

The XSpring initiative is a brilliant bit of collaborative outsourcing.  It will likely benefit us all. 

Of course...   I should qualify this ringing endorsement by admitting that I am just a Joe Blow in off the street, with no special skills,  or understanding,  of any of this..   so I could easily be wrong.

Guest Ripplista79

Jane Blow here and I agree

I’m smelling what @strikerjax is cooking.  Idk if this is so much of a change in focus though.  The new direction seems to be more of a way to enhance the current offerings as opposed to diversifying them.

In the past months they have accomplished many goals by staying true to their course.  I believe Brad is a big part of this culture as we all know his views on having to many irons in the fire.

There are always positive and negative interpretations of this. The bottom line is Ripple is sitting on a huge pile of cash and they might as well branch out into other use cases. As with investments it’s always good to diversify.

8 hours ago, n2it said:

Sinds when did investing in other usecase within the xrp eco-system, developed by third parties, turn into a new focus?

4 hours ago, susli said:

There are always positive and negative interpretations of this. The bottom line is Ripple is sitting on a huge pile of cash and they might as well branch out into other use cases. As with investments it’s always good to diversify.

Yeah the positive interpretation is that we have nailed payments, in Brad's words, and are moving onto other things. The negative interpretation is that because we haven't managed to nail payments, and due to the 'is XRP a security?' FUD, we have decided to branch out to other areas in a bid to make XRP successful/ useful/ deemed not a security.

I really hope it's the former.

21 minutes ago, djdhrubs said:

Yeah the positive interpretation is that we have nailed payments, in Brad's words, and are moving onto other things. The negative interpretation is that because we haven't managed to nail payments, and due to the 'is XRP a security?' FUD, we have decided to branch out to other areas in a bid to make XRP successful/ useful/ deemed not a security.

I really hope it's the former.

Treat your money seriously and verify accordingly, there's only one intepretation.

https://techcrunch.com/2018/03/13/ripple-wants-to-invest-in-startups-that-can-put-its-xrp-cryptocurrency-to-work/

“We, Ripple, will stay focused on solving that institutional use case, but we would certainly partner with companies that are looking to use XRP in lots of different ways,” said Garlinghouse, whose net worth was pegged at “at least $9.5 billion” by Forbes in January.

Garlinghouse said that Omni, a San Francisco-based startup that offers storage and rental services for goods, is a blueprint for that plan. Ripple and two of its executives led a $25 million investment in Omni in January and the startup has agreed to introduce XRP within its service."

These plans have been laid out in 2017 and is in nowhere indicative of bad weather. More akin to packing a bathing suit because the beach is a 3 minute walk from your hang out and the sun's out.

7 hours ago, Dutchpinoy said:

Sinds when did investing in other usecase within the xrp eco-system, developed by third parties, turn into a new focus?

You're correct these additional use-cases will be developed by third-parties, minimizing the effect on Ripple's focus. Thanks for the correction. Ripple will still have to provide guidance to these third parties, but it's way better than tackling those other use-cases themselves.

Edited by n2it