FUD

First-Ever Institutional Cryptocurrency Exchange Launched by LMAX

4 minutes ago, Ripplista79 said:

".....a lot of reverse inquiries from banks who previously kept their counsel."

that I don't comprehend

12 minutes ago, Craig_ said:

I'm guessing trades on these markets aren't tracked by CMC/LCW (yet). Perhaps we need a new market tracking website...can't NASDAQ or similar do something?

Good point. Aren’t there any competitors to cmc?

1 hour ago, Lamberth said:

Good point. Aren’t there any competitors to cmc?

I use Live Coin Watch, but there's no sign of LMAX or indeed Uphold/Revolut on there.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Craig_ said:

I'm guessing trades on these markets aren't tracked by CMC/LCW (yet). Perhaps we need a new market tracking website...can't NASDAQ or similar do something?

Patience, patience...Insider trading by CMC higher-ups has to be completed first.

Edited by Deeznutz

1 hour ago, Craig_ said:

I use Live Coin Watch, but there's no sign of LMAX or indeed Uphold/Revolut on there.

Lmax trading was a pilot and otc. 

It’s only 8 days old, give it time.

3 hours ago, Craig_ said:

I can't speak to Revolut, but I don't think Uphold wouldn't show up on there because they're not an exchange don't have their own order book.  I think they use Bitstamp.

5 hours ago, bookworm said:

With $200-400b traded, I wonder why the markets barely moved especially as the total crypto market cap is only about $300b and total daily volumes of top tokens are $10b+ ... perhaps, the LMAX trades are not fully backed by physical cryptos ....

He said the parties trading so far on the platform trade about 200-400b per day.  His job is to get them trading that on LMAX.

I believe he is stating the size of the institutional traders & not what they are trading on the platform.  At least not yet 😉

55 minutes ago, I_just_want_a_McLaren said:

I can't speak to Revolut, but I don't think Uphold wouldn't show up on there because they're not an exchange don't have their own order book.  I think they use Bitstamp.

I believe Revolut also utilise Bitstamp.

36 minutes ago, PG1 said:

He said the parties trading so far on the platform trade about 200-400b per day.  His job is to get them trading that on LMAX.

I believe he is stating the size of the institutional traders & not what they are trading on the platform.  At least not yet 😉

This is how I understood it as well.  The question is whether he views 2% or 50% of that 2-400B/day as a win?