EOY Ripple Price Prediction

5 minutes ago, earth said:

No hay regulaciones todavía. Pero esperamos que un fallo sobre "XRP no sea una seguridad" y otras leyes para intercambios. Cuando lleguen, es probable que veamos más estabilidad, menos volatilidad. 

Podría ser! Ojalá tengas razón 

On 5/21/2018 at 12:16 PM, ringer2 said:

Where are the flood of people calling for $100+ that were around here a few months ago? Can’t tell you how many times I got called a fudder and other insults for predicting $5-10 eoy. 

Still here, and still believe $100+ by EOY.

Edited by PickleRick

On 5/22/2018 at 11:13 PM, Mods_are_tyrants said:

You caught me on a night where I dont feel like debating. The worlds fiat money supply is worth about 90 Trillion or about 10 Trillion less than XRP would be worth if it hit 1000$ a coin.

Just has zero chance of ever happening.

You really have no idea how market cap works, despite being told several times. 

15 minutes ago, Trader-to-the-Crown said:

You really have no idea how market cap works, despite being told several times. 

Oh really please enlighten me :) I'm only (OLD) lived through the .com bubble/crash/rise, have a daughter at a Ivy, and a son in Med school. Go ahead tell me what I don't know I would love to hear it.

22 minutes ago, Mods_are_tyrants said:

Oh, por favor, por favor, ilumíname, :)soy solo (VIEJO) vivido a través de la burbuja .com / crash / rise, tengo una hija en Ivy y un hijo en la escuela Med. Adelante dime lo que no sé, me encantaría escucharlo.

Te lo explico yo, el precio no sigue la capitalizacion de mercado, es al revés!  Un abrazo 

59 minutes ago, Mods_are_tyrants said:

Oh really please enlighten me :) I'm only (OLD) lived through the .com bubble/crash/rise, have a daughter at a Ivy, and a son in Med school. Go ahead tell me what I don't know I would love to hear it.

Sorry if I sounded rude.

It is the difference between "money invested" and "potential value available for purchase".

You could argue that diamonds, because there are so many still buried and undiscovered, could never be worth X amount, because in their totality they would be worth more money than what is currently in circulation in the world, which to you sounds absurd.

But it would be silly to think they would have any extreme effect, because they are not all in circulation. Some are already purchased and in jewelry boxes, never to be seen again, some are still buried, some are being found and held and never sold, and yet they are all intrinsically worth the same amount when averaged out. This diamond market cap would be a crazy, absolutely insane number, when taking in estimates on how many diamonds are likely to exist all throughout Earth's mantle.

Think of escrow as an XRP being temporarily "buried". It is the same, because if the coin cannot move, the coin cannot cause effect.

This is how crypto works as well. Just because one coin unit of value exists, it does not mean that for that single coin there is an effect on the economy...

Perhaps an XRP was purchased at 3 cents and never touched again. Even if it reached $1000 a coin, until that single XRP has been sold at a price above 3 cents, it has only made an effect of 3 cents in the global fiat economy, despite being a thousand dollar coin.

1 coin, a thousand dollar coin, although by existing and being valued that high makes it a contributor to a multi-trillion dollar market cap, in fact doesn't matter at all until it moves. Each coin is literally, "potential value available for purchase".

There will be many XRP coins sold at different prices at different times. At any point in time they are all worth the same amount, and yet their effect on the fiat economy is only felt when they move.

Edit: The only exception to this would be if in the future people are able to take fiat loans against their crypto holdings, using their holdings as leverage or insurance for their loan. This won't be true anytime soon as crypto will be volatile for quite a bit longer. Even then, while the coin is not moving in this scenario and yet an effect in the fiat economy is felt, the act of borrowing against it is in itself a promise that the coin will move if needed to, say if you needed to pay back the loan desperately enough to dip into your crypto...

There is no reason they could not reach a 90 trillion dollar market cap. The world would not end. It would not explode. Every person on the planet wouldn't get rich. The holdings of all 100 billion units will be moving at entirely different rates.

Edit: besides, XRP's primary use case is to be a bridge currency, so since it will be merely the carrier mule for other currencies, it wouldn't be crazy to match the global fiat market cap.

Ripples primary (in a perfect world) end goal for XRP is to match or exceed the value of all circulating money in the world so that it can carry it all through xRapid!

This of course is a little far fetched, that they would succeed in a complete takeover, but I use the scenario to illustrate my point.

Edited by Trader-to-the-Crown

1 hour ago, XRPto50dollars said:

.93 cents

Can almost afford an over priced candy bar. Way too optimistic.