Sign in to follow this  
bayarea510

Xpring ideas!

Let's create a list of projects/ideas you'd like to see implemented via Xpring!

1. Gaming - I hope someone enters Asia's massive gaming industry and eventually expands into gaming networks across EU and US! America, Canada, South America, Japan, Korea, etc. This would be huge!

2. Marketing/digital advertising 

3. Music/mobile movie industry 

Edited by bayarea510
Adding to the list!

KarmaCoverage is basically the Ripple strategy applied to the Risk Markets.

There is also Real Estate, which will be an even bigger effort than Risk/insurance markets. Title Insurance is in the bullseye here.

API services revenue models will change. No need to have the users float a balance in their accounts, then pull more value when their float balance gets too low.

I could see either a change in fbook's biz model, or an addition of another business model along side the advertising, or a competitive social network develops... in all cases, users should be paid for their comments/photos/likes/friend connections/etc.

It is hard to think about all the paths that could unfold here. In the Financial Services world I think of each FS as a cup of water. The water is the value to society that FS provides, the cup is defined edges of that FS industry, like Deposit Banks, vs Investment Banks, vs Life Insur, vs P&C insur, vs Exchanges, vs Brokers, vs etc... the point is that in the current environment there does exist boundaries between these FS industries. I think it is pretty obvious that those boundaries will change, some "industries" may all but fade away, or fade into meshing into another industry.

Think about Real Estate Title insurance, it has it's boundaries as to what it is used for. Once titles are on-ledger, then a simple check of the ledger will let you know with more certainty that a Title insurance contract can offer, that the title is clean and transferable. "Renting" as a value proposition may change, No reason Tenants cant participate in some of the appreciation/depreciation of the asset price, there is even some risk exposure management that could be achieved by the Landlord.

Anyway, I think the financial services industries will have their boundaries significantly changed, and morphed together in new ways.

Stocks trading, for example to have ability to buy 0,01% of Berkshire stock, for micro investing (many people cannot buy 1 single share of Berkshire and are cut out if they are not rich). Stock investing on Ripple could be used for educational purposes. It would also provide entire world entrance into every market in the world without need for brokerage account in every country.

Would it be possible to develop an app, powered by xRapid, that people could use to transfer money globally to anyone else who has the app?

It would work like this - I download the app onto my phone and link it to my bank account in the UK. If someone, say in Australia, also downloaded the app and linked it to their bank account, could it act as a bridge to facilitate a cross border payment using XRP / xRapid between the two parties? I don't know whether this would be feasible as I don't really understand how the technology works, but it would be a great tool for people who want to send small sums to family overseas quickly and cheaply without the need for using the existing method i.e. bank to bank via swift.

It would be super useful and also generate real life usage of XRP in the process.

1 minute ago, WaltDangerfield said:

Would it be possible to develop an app, powered by xRapid, that people could use to transfer money globally to anyone else who has the app?

It would work like this - I download the app onto my phone and link it to my bank account in the UK. If someone, say in Australia, also downloaded the app and linked it to their bank account, could it act as a bridge to facilitate a cross border payment using XRP / xRapid between the two parties? I don't know whether this would be feasible as I don't really understand how the technology works, but it would be a great tool for people who want to send small sums to family overseas quickly and cheaply without the need for using the existing method i.e. bank to bank via swift.

It would be super useful and also generate real life usage of XRP in the process.

Ok just googled it and transferwise and western union already have IOS apps that do this.

Would it be possible for a third party developer to build a similar app, but specifically based on XRP / xRapid?

5 hours ago, WaltDangerfield said:

I was thinking the exact same thing... especially after watching the Ellen show when Ashton Kutcher appeared to transfer 4million USD on his phone... I'm sure that wasn't a live transaction but more of a demonstration for marketing purposes but something simple like that that promotes Ripple / XRP would then also not only add to utility but increase demand from retail investors as more and more people become familiar with the concept and can put a name to the technology.

7 hours ago, WaltDangerfield said:

This sounds awesome but would Ripple want to fund something like this as it may hurt their remittance partners that would be using xRapid. 

Crypto accounts are incredibly dangerous to own right now.

If someone gets your Ripple wallet address and password, they now control all of your money, period.

We need a business that operates much like a bank, in safely storing and insuring the funds you keep in a "savings" account while allowing you access to a smaller slush fund that would be more like a checking account. The difference being that this kind of business would not personally control your money, or invest it. They would merely safely store the access keys in a way that created an additional layer of security for insurance purposes.

Clearly a little half-baked, but I think vitally needed.

Without this, the rise of crypto will be glass-ceilinged by practicality. The last thing someone wants is to get held at gunpoint for $20,000 in savings.

Sign in to follow this