Cryptocurrency investor names his favorite — and least favorite — digital currencies

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cnbc.com/amp/2018/05/17/crypto-investors-advises-hold-bitcoin-cash-and-ethereum-sell-ripple.html

Yikes, I'm not sure who this guy is but CNBC seemed to find his content valuable.

"Ripple-Definitely a sell, the crypto trader said of Ripple."I'm throwing it in the garbage," Neu-Ner said.

While he pointed out that Ripple the company is "one of the best companies I know," he said its token, the XRP, is not.

"I can't find a use case for the token," he said. XRP is also a centralized token, which Neu-Ner said defeats the point of blockchain technology.

"I'm out," he said.

Interesting he stated it’s a centralized coin which “defeats” the purpose of crypto. I’m thinking he isn’t very objective. After all, he’s pumped about etherium and even states it does 15 transactions per second. Then he says he’s excited about projects that promise up to 10,000 per second.  Seems like a lot of double speak to me.

1 hour ago, Raz said:

Interesting he stated it’s a centralized coin which “defeats” the purpose of crypto. I’m thinking he isn’t very objective. After all, he’s pumped about etherium and even states it does 15 transactions per second. Then he says he’s excited about projects that promise up to 10,000 per second.  Seems like a lot of double speak to me.

The whole thing smacked of shill and Fud disguised as expert opinion, any expert who claims to have done his research would know that XRP is on the way to decentralisation ( not that it makes an iota of difference) and as for no use case....seriously? Ripple identified early on that smart contracts will never work without some way for ledgers to talk to each other and so pivoted away from codius to solve that problem first i.e Interledger. Ether will benefit from interledger but that doesn't mean the ERC20 tokens or Ether have any better use case than XRP, XRP could end up being the asset that makes Ether successful while remaining unseen in the background, kind of like the oil in your Lambo.

5 hours ago, Still1 said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cnbc.com/amp/2018/05/17/crypto-investors-advises-hold-bitcoin-cash-and-ethereum-sell-ripple.html

Yikes, I'm not sure who this guy is but CNBC seemed to find his content valuable.

"Ripple-Definitely a sell, the crypto trader said of Ripple."I'm throwing it in the garbage," Neu-Ner said.

While he pointed out that Ripple the company is "one of the best companies I know," he said its token, the XRP, is not.

"I can't find a use case for the token," he said. XRP is also a centralized token, which Neu-Ner said defeats the point of blockchain technology.

"I'm out," he said.

Ignorance at it's best!  I still find it astonishing the lack of understanding out there. I feel like the adults have invested in XRP, and all the kids and anarchists invested in everything else. And as we all know, adults know best!

That said, I can't justify the valuation at current levels. It's too rich

I don't understand this. Great company and products but they have too much money? I would like to know his opinions of Apple. It sounds like he is against wealth distribution.

Apple has too much money so I won't give them more by buying an iPhone I really like.

People are weird. 

Edited by Guest

The whole crypto space lacks a basic understanding, what money is.

Bitcoin Cash or Bitcoin would never work as money, because you have no underlying which it represents.

Try to make a debt contract in Bitcoins and you would see, it can't work.

Ripple is different here. It does not want to be money, but is a useful solution to faciliate money transfers.

It's value comes from it's usefulness and not because it's "money".

5 hours ago, xrp-pat said:

Ignorance at it's best!  I still find it astonishing the lack of understanding out there. I feel like the adults have invested in XRP, and all the kids and anarchists invested in everything else. And as we all know, adults know best!

A lot of folks out there are in denial about how this market will change pretty drastically towards the end of this year... 

This guys show is actually one of the best . 

Im really surprised hes made such a strong opinion without knowing the facts. If he doesnt like XRP or thinks its over valued then fine, but base the opinion on the facts. Just goes to show you how much misunderstanding there is out there about XRP.

1- XRP is the nearest of any of the cryptos at realising a profitable real world use case. You could even say that it already is, as it seems that Cualix is using it in day to day business.

2- XRP is no less decentralised than EOS and NEO . The quickest way to get to real world use case is to temporarily bypass the scaling issue by having a less decentralised protocol and then introduce decentralisation incrementally, which is what XRP , EOS and NEO are planning on.

Edited by XRPHornets