Graine

Can't locate xRapid demo transaction on RCL

6 minutes ago, JoelKatz said:

Across all xRapid test and pilot payments ever, this is the first instance of this occurring. 

Do you use limit orders? Why? I thought market orders were used to minimize the time of the transaction. 
Does xRapid have a fast tracked deposit/withdrawal processing for partnered exchanges? Do they use same or different destination tags? 
Did Ripple think about making xRapid transactions with a simple memo, like 'xRapid'? It would put all speculation at bay, and provide transparency, while catering to the privacy of the clients that use it. 

6 minutes ago, JoelKatz said:

The repeated payment was a live demo of how an xRapid payment works but did not involve a live transfer over the XRP Ledger.

This puts my mind at ease. 

7 minutes ago, JoelKatz said:

We recorded a live xRapid transaction at 11:28 am PST. The payment took place in just under 2 minutes and a typical remittance customer would have seen 52% cost-savings from it. You can track the payment over the ledger on XRP Charts. The transaction ID is 29E4F8E81B3E5F5E5A9A5766D1C56992E6D4F18ED62DFBEC3FBCE14189FEE871

And this is how I always wanted the announcements of the 'live' use made. 

Thank you for your time, Mr. Katz. It would be great, if you and the team drop by here or discord more often. 

3 hours ago, Graine said:

Do you use limit orders? Why? I thought market orders were used to minimize the time of the transaction. 
Does xRapid have a fast tracked deposit/withdrawal processing for partnered exchanges? Do they use same or different destination tags? 
Did Ripple think about making xRapid transactions with a simple memo, like 'xRapid'? It would put all speculation at bay, and provide transparency, while catering to the privacy of the clients that use it. 

This puts my mind at ease. 

Thank you for your time, Mr. Katz. It would be great, if you and the team drop by here or discord more often. 

Well as long as your mind is at ease we should all be able to sleep better now.

5 hours ago, Graine said:

i know me too but i find it reeeeally odd that this wasnt plastered all over social media or something, in fact we had to dig hard to get it after ages of frustration trying to track one single xrapid payment -- ripple need to work on their comms, no reason not too when it's in their self interest

they can video an entire xrp community night and splash it all over the place, but trying to find one, 1-minute xrp demo, is like trying to find gold at the end of a rainbow -- endlessly frustrating lack of transparency when it comes to real world usage

so let's hope this is a sign of change ....

I’d like to know why the order timed out.  

If it was at market then it should have happened immediately for that amount.  I believe they MUST be at market else the thing won’t work.

Two possibilities are network issue or exchange bogged down.  

Its often occurred to me that the exchange software needs to be up to scratch if XRapid is going to run big volumes.

The fact the David says it doesn’t normally happen makes me think it was the local network perhaps.  Unsure.  It remains to be seen how the exchanges will handle enormous volume (if my hopes come true.  :) )

44 minutes ago, Tinyaccount said:

I’d like to know why the order timed out.  

If it was at market then it should have happened immediately for that amount.  I believe they MUST be at market else the thing won’t work.

Two possibilities are network issue or exchange bogged down.  

Its often occurred to me that the exchange software needs to be up to scratch if XRapid is going to run big volumes.

The fact the David says it doesn’t normally happen makes me think it was the local network perhaps.  Unsure.  It remains to be seen how the exchanges will handle enormous volume (if my hopes come true.  :) )

In the discord group, an attendee mentioned something about the wi-fi choked out during the demo and someone had to reset it. I would say it was likely the "standing room" only crowd that killed their bandwidth and the connection timed out. -_-

^

Hmmm wifi conveniently "choked-out" for the first time during the live demo, the same way Brad's mic conveniently died during the Swell Q&A. 

I think Ripple team should consider if someone is actively sabotaging their PR moves.  

Wow. This situation is really unfortunate. I can already hear the keyboards clacking away. This is going to be thrown in Ripple's face by haters. 

Might be best just to avoid social media for a few weeks. Oh well. 

Edited by LordVetinari

Yes skepticism is best in this situation. Be careful not to delude yourself And keep in mind that institutions need secure, safe, foolproof products. And this is a far cry from that at the moment. Best scenario looking at years before this is in place and used extensively.

You are farkin joking, it looks to me like the whole "Live demo" was a mock up with no credibility, come on Ripple sort your sh!t out, we don't need let's pretend BS, we need results that show you're actually achieving what you say you are.