Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, XENO777 said:

Codius is going to kill ethereum....

Codius is probably an app within the Xpring suite of applications. This is how you would get other projects to run on Xpring the way they described it.

Edited by JC83

Just now, XENO777 said:

Codius is the host...

09D46117-E351-4C16-A83B-60865C2A0AA8.png.7a1f5eac1c902974c299b108200aaa16.png

codius.org

I'm not saying xpring is an application itself. Just a name for the initiative. Just as Ripple is the company and not XRP. Say you want to build a bakery that makes money through xrp. Every loaf of bread is 1 xrp. But you need to bake it first. Your store is codius. Your flour vendor is your creator delivering to your bakery you call Xpring. Your oven is the ilp.

Posted (edited)

@JC83

Knowing the capabilities of Xpring we know it can do more than Ether and has a huge backing already when you add in Ripple's partners

Xpring suite of applications.

"Xpring is a new initiative by Ripple that will invest in, incubate, acquire and provide grants to companies and projects run by proven entrepreneurs." 

Xpring is an initiative by which people at Ripple choose and then invest time and/or money and/or resources into projects Ripple think are worth their time and/or money and/or resources. 

I think you've either misunderstood or should choose your words more carefully. I see your comments creating at of confusion. 

But I do agree that Xpring is going to draw some developers into the ILP rather than the Ethereum ecosystem. 

Ripple's partner The United States Federal Reserve.

What is this? Can you provide information. 

Edited by LordVetinari

Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, LordVetinari said:

@JC83

"Xpring is a new initiative by Ripple that will invest in, incubate, acquire and provide grants to companies and projects run by proven entrepreneurs." 

Xpring is an initiative by which people at Ripple choose and then invest time and/or money and/or resources into projects Ripple think are worth their time and/or money and/or resources. 

I think you've either misunderstood or should choose your words more carefully. I see your comments creating at of confusion. 

But I do agree that Xpring is going to draw some developers into the ILP rather than the Ethereum ecosystem. 

What is this? Can you provide information. 

I'm just inferring a suite of applications s as you would need a software ecosystem established in order for further projects to be built on top of the it. Just reading between the lines.

Ripple is on the federal reserve task force to this day. You can easily see that on a Google search. There hasn't been much info regarding what else the task force is doing until 2020 but we can assume that ripple is a part of the plan.

Edited by JC83

13 minutes ago, ed1 said:

Why do we need to kill Ethereum again?

We don't but it's the peanut butter and jelly to the peanut butter and bologna idea I say.

Posted (edited)
32 minutes ago, ed1 said:

Why do we need to kill Ethereum again?

Survival of the fittest.  Because it is not as easy to use as Codius which is Java script compatible?

But most of all Codius works with XRP payment system which is likely to be the standard international currency used across industry which gives Codius an essential advantage to many businesses looking for the most suitable user friendly smart contract software to use.

Edited by Julian_Williams

Posted (edited)

Xpring won’t kill Ethereum - it’s apples and oranges. And in my opinion, between Codius and Ethereum, the latter will win hands down.

Something else might steal some of Ethereum’s thunder though. My money is on Lisk. 

Lisk is currently around $10, and Eth is currently around $700. Similar target markets, similar coins in circulation - Lisk is JavaScript based though which could be a huge advantage. They’re well-funded, constantly hiring, and are extremely talented. They’re also one of the top-rated projects on github. I see Lisk over $200 in the next 12-18 months.

I’m optimistic that XRP will gain traction in the cross border payments market.

Edited by JA8

3 minutes ago, JA8 said:

Xpring won’t kill Ethereum - it’s apples and oranges. And in my opinion, between Codius and Ethereum, the latter will win hands down.

Something else might steal some of Ethereum’s thunder though. My money is on Lisk. 

Lisk is currently around $10, and Eth is currently around $700. Similar target markets, similar coins in circulation - Lisk is JavaScript based though which could be a huge advantage. They’re well-funded, constantly hiring, and are extremely talented. They’re also one of the top-rated projects on github. 

I’m optimistic that XRP will gain traction in the cross border payments market.

Can you elaborate on the advantages of Etherium

Just now, Julian_Williams said:

Can you elaborate on the advantages of Etherium

Vitalik Buterin.

Posted (edited)
30 minutes ago, JA8 said:

Vitalik Buterin.

Is he good because he is original, or does he write beautiful code? What is he providing that makes his code stand out?

Edited by Julian_Williams

19 minutes ago, Julian_Williams said:

Is he good because he is original, or does he write beautiful code? What is he providing that makes his code stand out?

True genius is a vanishingly rare trait, yet one that Vitalik uniquely possesses in this space. Suggesting that Codius could topple Ethereum seems to me like suggesting Homer Simpson could beat Kasparov in a game of chess. I’m not talking down anyone working on Codius - I’m sure there are some very smart people. But they’re not Vitalik.

Ethereum’s network effect is also going to be extraordinarily difficult for newcomers (such as Codius) to overcome. As such I don’t see anything toppling Ethereum, but I do think Lisk, and maybe some others, have a chance of stealing some of its thunder.