Jump to content
JC83

Xpring- The Death of Ethereum

Recommended Posts

So I was thinking that Xpring will lead to Ethereum being an after thought in the crypto market. Knowing the capabilities of Xpring we know it can do more than Ether and has a huge backing already when you add in Ripple's partners. 

How does this equal the death of Ethereum though? My thoughts are we know the sec is constantly scrutinizing Ether and could say it's a security. This would kill every dapp on the platform. Coin creators would be livid and would want to sue the SEC because of this. But what if they had a better option? Enter Xpring. The XRP ledger can hold any coin or token today. It doesn't matter what platform it's on and it can be easily added to the ledger with its current value. 

So why is this a possibility? Ripple's partner The United States Federal Reserve. To maintain a semblance of control they need an asset they can 'trust 'and that isn't Ether. I see them kicking Ether to the curb and have Xpring scoop up every dapp and token on the Ethereum platform. Imagine all that value coming into Xrp almost overnight. I find this outcome highly probable given the current circumstances. Thoughts?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest

Codius is going to kill ethereum....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, XENO777 said:

Codius is going to kill ethereum....

Codius is probably an app within the Xpring suite of applications. This is how you would get other projects to run on Xpring the way they described it.

Edited by JC83

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
3 minutes ago, JC83 said:

Codius is probably an app within the Xpring suite of applications. This is how you would other projects to run on Xpring the way they described it.

Codius is the host...

09D46117-E351-4C16-A83B-60865C2A0AA8.png.7a1f5eac1c902974c299b108200aaa16.png

codius.org

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, XENO777 said:

Codius is the host...

09D46117-E351-4C16-A83B-60865C2A0AA8.png.7a1f5eac1c902974c299b108200aaa16.png

codius.org

I'm not saying xpring is an application itself. Just a name for the initiative. Just as Ripple is the company and not XRP. Say you want to build a bakery that makes money through xrp. Every loaf of bread is 1 xrp. But you need to bake it first. Your store is codius. Your flour vendor is your creator delivering to your bakery you call Xpring. Your oven is the ilp.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest

@JC83

Quote

 Knowing the capabilities of Xpring we know it can do more than Ether and has a huge backing already when you add in Ripple's partners

 

Quote

 Xpring suite of applications.

"Xpring is a new initiative by Ripple that will invest in, incubate, acquire and provide grants to companies and projects run by proven entrepreneurs." 

Xpring is an initiative by which people at Ripple choose and then invest time and/or money and/or resources into projects Ripple think are worth their time and/or money and/or resources. 

I think you've either misunderstood or should choose your words more carefully. I see your comments creating at of confusion. 

But I do agree that Xpring is going to draw some developers into the ILP rather than the Ethereum ecosystem. 

 

 Ripple's partner The United States Federal Reserve.

 

What is this? Can you provide information. 

Edited by Guest

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest

Why do we need to kill Ethereum again?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, LordVetinari said:

@JC83

 

"Xpring is a new initiative by Ripple that will invest in, incubate, acquire and provide grants to companies and projects run by proven entrepreneurs." 

Xpring is an initiative by which people at Ripple choose and then invest time and/or money and/or resources into projects Ripple think are worth their time and/or money and/or resources. 

I think you've either misunderstood or should choose your words more carefully. I see your comments creating at of confusion. 

But I do agree that Xpring is going to draw some developers into the ILP rather than the Ethereum ecosystem. 

 

 

 

What is this? Can you provide information. 

I'm just inferring a suite of applications s as you would need a software ecosystem established in order for further projects to be built on top of the it. Just reading between the lines.

 

Ripple is on the federal reserve task force to this day. You can easily see that on a Google search. There hasn't been much info regarding what else the task force is doing until 2020 but we can assume that ripple is a part of the plan.

Edited by JC83

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, ed1 said:

Why do we need to kill Ethereum again?

We don't but it's the peanut butter and jelly to the peanut butter and bologna idea I say.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, ed1 said:

Why do we need to kill Ethereum again?

Survival of the fittest.  Because it is not as easy to use as Codius which is Java script compatible?

But most of all Codius works with XRP payment system which is likely to be the standard international currency used across industry which gives Codius an essential advantage to many businesses looking for the most suitable user friendly smart contract software to use.

Edited by Julian_Williams

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Xpring won’t kill Ethereum - it’s apples and oranges. And in my opinion, between Codius and Ethereum, the latter will win hands down.

Something else might steal some of Ethereum’s thunder though. My money is on Lisk. 

Lisk is currently around $10, and Eth is currently around $700. Similar target markets, similar coins in circulation - Lisk is JavaScript based though which could be a huge advantage. They’re well-funded, constantly hiring, and are extremely talented. They’re also one of the top-rated projects on github. I see Lisk over $200 in the next 12-18 months.

I’m optimistic that XRP will gain traction in the cross border payments market.

Edited by JA8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, JA8 said:

Xpring won’t kill Ethereum - it’s apples and oranges. And in my opinion, between Codius and Ethereum, the latter will win hands down.

Something else might steal some of Ethereum’s thunder though. My money is on Lisk. 

Lisk is currently around $10, and Eth is currently around $700. Similar target markets, similar coins in circulation - Lisk is JavaScript based though which could be a huge advantage. They’re well-funded, constantly hiring, and are extremely talented. They’re also one of the top-rated projects on github. 

I’m optimistic that XRP will gain traction in the cross border payments market.

Can you elaborate on the advantages of Etherium

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Julian_Williams said:

Is he good because he is original, or does he write beautiful code? What is he providing that makes his code stand out?

True genius is a vanishingly rare trait, yet one that Vitalik uniquely possesses in this space. Suggesting that Codius could topple Ethereum seems to me like suggesting Homer Simpson could beat Kasparov in a game of chess. I’m not talking down anyone working on Codius - I’m sure there are some very smart people. But they’re not Vitalik.

Ethereum’s network effect is also going to be extraordinarily difficult for newcomers (such as Codius) to overcome. As such I don’t see anything toppling Ethereum, but I do think Lisk, and maybe some others, have a chance of stealing some of its thunder.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...